• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just found out that the blimp dlc is only 76 KB :/

9iKasJV.png

Must either be a very small Blimp or using very lo res textures!

or both :p

antitrop

Within the past 48 hours or so this has slipped into my most anticipated game of all time.

I got home from work at noon today and I've been doing nothing but watching GTA V trailers, various GTA documentaries and retrospectives, and following this thread.

I think I've watched the final trailer over 50 times in the last two days.

Spazznid

Within the past 48 hours or so this has slipped into my most anticipated game of all time.

I got home from work at noon today and I've been doing nothing but watching GTA V trailers, various GTA documentaries and retrospectives, and following this thread.

I've had the main theme of the trailer on repeat for the past 5 hours.

Gaz_RB

Me too!

I am becoming almost incapable of doing normal things... It's getting ridiculous.

I need to get ahead in my studies so that when GTA comes out I can slack a bit- but I can't do it! Hype overload!

dreamfall

Me too!

I am becoming almost incapable of doing normal things... It's getting ridiculous.

I need to get ahead in my studies so that when GTA comes out I can slack a bit- but I can't do it! Hype overload!

Can't breathe. Can't sleep. Can't eat!

GTA ALL THE TIME!

Literally spent half of class, just catching up on the thread. TUESDAY.

Just made the preorder today and got the lithograph below as a bonus from the Gamestop clerk. It was a nice gesture on his part since all I ordered was the regular PS3 version.

GTA-5-lithograph.jpg

CF22

Me too!

Don't worry, if it were for me I would already be camping outside GameStop. I'm trying to keep my mind occupied with work and school, I've been very productive.

just pretend its another one of those weeks 6 months ago with no information from Rockstar. the info drought.

Monday night will be here before ya know it

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Me too!

I wish I could shirk all responsibilities for a week come Tuesday ... feels bad to be busy

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry, if it were for me I would already be camping outside GameStop. I'm trying to keep my mind occupied with work and school, I've been very productive.

I don't think I've ever been that productive at any thing, no point in starting now!

For anyone who ordered at microsoftstore.com, I saw this over at CAG.

Thought id let my fellow CAG guys know about the whole "freeshipesc2012-over" ordeal and spread the knowledge. I called Microsoft support and told them about the code and some bs excuse why it would not work. They checked it and first informed me the code does not exist and not in their systems and that it has expired, but told me not to fret since I will receive the item before or on the day of release. I said my item was just free shipping aka UPS ground and he said it does not matter what I chose (over night, two days, ect) that the item would ship early and arrive to everyone's doorstep on the day of release. I told to him to double check and he did and said that the information about this item on Microsofts servers, or whatever said it will ship early and be there by the time it releases. I called back to inquire about such information and he did reaffirm in his system that what the guy said previously was true. In short you guys should be fine with free shipping and getting it the same day, but feel free to call to confirm.

TLDR-CODE EXPIRED, BUT TWO DIFFERENT MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES TOLD ME REGARDLESS OF SHIPPING METHOD THE GAME WILL SHIP EARLY AND ARRIVE BY THE 17TH, SO WORRY NOT ABOUT THE CODE.

So it looks like regardless of your shipping method you'll get it on release day...supposedly. I found this interesting because I've never ordered a a game on release day from there. Not too shabby for free shipping.

antitrop

I feel like the GTA Anthem from the original OST should be included in every GTA game by default. It was in GTA 3, but they edited the swearing, lol. At least on PS2.

Fjordson

Just made the preorder today and got the lithograph below as a bonus from the Gamestop clerk. It was a nice gesture on his part since all I ordered was the regular PS3 version.

GTA-5-lithograph.jpg
Damn, that's kinda cool. Is that a recent offer? I pre-ordered from GameStop back in July and didn't get that.

I wonder how the melee combat works in GTA V. The melee combat in GTA IV was laughable and just felt too janky to be very useful. I also wonder how much they improved the gun sounds and If there will be something else other than that tiny white dot as a reticule. MP3 annoyed me with that because it was sometimes hard to see what you're aiming at.

dreamfall

I wonder how the melee combat works in GTA V. The melee combat in GTA IV was laughable and just felt too janky to be very useful. I also wonder how much they improved the gun sounds and If there will be something else other than that tiny white dot as a reticule. MP3 annoyed me with that because it was sometimes hard to see what you're aiming at.

As far as the physical combat, it looks like it has a lot of impact when Trevor is punching in those trailers. Hopefully the button mapping is more responsive, there is a more technical counter system and takedown/mounted striking options. It's gotta be better!

Ballistik

So I really want this game, and with my personal 360 dead, I'm considering grabbing the Xbox 360 S model (4gb) thats been laying around at my parents' place, so no hard drive. I'm looking to see what the cheapest option I have is to have enough storage to install and run this game. Does a regular usb flash drive do the trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom