• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

That's curious. Can you like run someone over with a car and still be in passive mode or do you exit it as soon as you make contact with the person? Because that could create a lot of issues.

I hope that passive mode is executed well. Ideally, it would be for when you want to go out and buy a new golden chain, or something. But if it means that I can't carjack another player, or that a player can rob me then enter passive mode, it'll be a bit annoying.

I'm not going to look at any reviews/scores. My expectations on the games quality will be perfectly neutral. My experience with the game will be pure and genuine.

Gaz_RB

Unfortunately I think people are going to have to give up not seeing the map:/ people come in the thread and they haven't been paying attention...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Good fuckin question. I'd like to know as well. I didn't play Max Payne so I'm not sure how the social club functionality is.

Stat tracking, easier matchmaking, extra XP when working with fellow crew members, feuds with other crews that give extra XP and bragging rights, and, if mp3 is anything to go by, special in game items (masks, crew jackets etc).

It's amazing. People dual-wield and they just don't stop.

At some point someone found the secret sauce. I must have stopped playing for 2 months, and went from topping the scoreboards to be dead bottom.

It's Max Payne, a game based on John Woo style gunplay, why wouldn't you be dual wielding?

Con_Smith

Banned
I was like you for The Last of Us. I didn't know shit about that game going into it.

For GTA V? I really couldn't care less about "spoilers" that are outside of the actual plot.

I'm not the type to get freaked over a fucking map gets posted. I more so don't want anything from the story spoiled as well. When it comes to a new GTA I need that virgin experience and I just don't want my ride to the destination screwed up like Bioshock Infinite.

Marleyman

Banned
It's amazing. People dual-wield and they just don't stop.

At some point someone found the secret sauce. I must have stopped playing for 2 months, and went from topping the scoreboards to be dead bottom.

I couldn't take it after awhile; people were god damned amazing at it early on and then this.

m23

Not sure whether to make a new thread but GTA PS4 version was just posted on Amazon.de

Xbox One and PS4 versions all but confirmed then.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/09/11/gta-5-listed-for-ps4-by-amazon-de/

Uhh....so now I don't know what to do. If there is indeed an Xbox One version coming, I'd rather wait for it rather than buying the 360 version. Shit. Rockstar let us know if there is more versions coming rather than making us buy 2 copies!

antitrop

I still can't get over how good the editing in the final trailer is.

I get chills when that jet flies over at the very end, and the camera panning around the chaingun... Jesus, it's too much.

Marleyman

Banned
Uhh....so now I don't know what to do. If there is indeed an Xbox One version coming, I'd rather wait for it rather than buying the 360 version. Shit. Rockstar let us know if there is more versions coming rather than making us buy 2 copies!

Even if one comes out I don't think it will be anytime soon. If you want to play it why wait so long?

That's curious. Can you like run someone over with a car and still be in passive mode or do you exit it as soon as you make contact with the person? Because that could create a lot of issues.

Yeah, great point. I don't know how it works but I'd assume that passive mode does not make your vehicles immune to damage from others. I think your vehicles have to be damaged by explosions or bullets just like anything else.

I've wondered how passive mode works after a score. It removes the tension if you can toggle passive mode before getting to the ATM to drop off your winnings. Having to deposit cash after a score is a great modifyer and something that I really like... Because it will create natural "missions" around getting to the safe places to deposit money. Going to a major bank will be a hot spot for battles, so you might have to go out of your way or get some protection to deposit your cash. I really love the scenario of winning a mission vs. NPC AI with my friends, then ahving to protect each other against real life thieves as we head to an ATM and the drama it causes.

Calion

If you don't want "spoilers" (However loosely you may define that), then get the fuck out of this OT. This goes for any game, movie, or piece of entertainment.

kris.

Banned
It did say in the product description that installation to the ps4 is required. Don't think it is a typo.

That sentence was copied word-for-word from the PS3 listing, just changed to PS4.

And the developer was listed as Rockstargames while the real ones were Rockstar Games. And the pictures are fake.

Are people really this gullible??

Furyous

I'm with the poster that said GTA V is boring because there's too much open space.
No, I'm not with that poster and am joking.

I hope there are different levels to the activities. It should be impossible for Franklin to climb Mt. Chillad without building up the skill to do it. I hope there are practice walls around Los Santos.

I hope the game forces us to level up with weapons as well for certain heists. It would be nice if we are given an option to either develop the proficiency with a weapon for a specific mission or purchase assist (no spoiler peep the trailers) to help us with the mission.

It's quite simple really. If it's been released officially by Rockstar, it's not a spoiler. If it comes from a leak it's a spoiler.

So we can't discuss things in previews. FYI, a lot of the map was "visible" in all the pictures of the CE and stuff released from R* with the blueprint and somebody put it together (damn close) from the GTAF.

I get it, you don't want to be spoiled. But it really isn't "that simple" since previews aren't "officially released by R*". I agree that the map should be linked, but honestly the GTAF one is so damned close it's practically been known for a few weeks now.

My question, if something as simple as a screen of the map you'll see before you even put the game in your system is considered a spoiler, why even be in the OT? It makes no sense ... unless you really just want to be "that guy".

In MP3 you have a sort of tabbed window in multiplayer that lists your friends and a separate one for crews. You can check your crew page and select someone whose game you can hop in if it's open.

From the little I read GTA:O will have a matchmaking system that tries to get you in a game with your friendslist or your crewmates before sending you pub. I'm sure there will be some sort of system to find and enter your crew games but we'll have to wait a bit more to find out.

Cool, I hope it's this smooth. I don't want to add a ton of people to my friends list just for GTA V.

G17

That sentence was copied word-for-word from the PS3 listing, just changed to PS4.

And the developer was listed as Rockstargames while the real ones were Rockstar Games. And the pictures are fake.

Are people really this gullible??

When Playstation Magazine put up the article, they mentioned that the amazon page listing is up for it. So whether it is or isn't a photoshop, it being a legitimate amazon.de listing holds some weight doesn't it?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So we can't discuss things in previews. FYI, a lot of the map was "visible" in all the pictures of the CE and stuff released from R* with the blueprint and somebody put it together (damn close) from the GTAF.

I get it, you don't want to be spoiled. But it really isn't "that simple" since previews aren't "officially released by R*".

My question, if something as simple as a screen of the map you'll see before you even put the game in your system is considered a spoiler, why even be in the OT? It makes no sense ... unless you really just want to be "that guy".

Well I was pretty sure I'd be safe in here due to the fact there's already a thread dedicated to spoiling the map, with the word spoiler in it for emphasis that this thread wouldn't contain such a spoiler because the other one does.

kris.

Banned
When Playstation Magazine put up the article, they mentioned that the amazon page listing is up for it. So whether it is or isn't a photoshop, it being a legitimate amazon.de listing holds some weight doesn't it?

No, not really. I swear, this desperation for a next-gen version is getting sad.

Thanks. Will order from bold on gaf.

;)

arnold-smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom