• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

Uhh....so now I don't know what to do. If there is indeed an Xbox One version coming, I'd rather wait for it rather than buying the 360 version. Shit. Rockstar let us know if there is more versions coming rather than making us buy 2 copies!

There are a few games that are worthy of buying many copies over. This is one of them. I would never hold my self back at all. It wouldn't even cross my mind.

Hell, I'll likely buy 3 versions.

This gen, next gen, and PC.

Marleyman

Banned
Looks real.

for those wondering the first video is about 30 seconds of driving past some trees

the second videos is the intro (Rockstar logo followed by some artwork)

Looked legit; I couldn't help it. Didn't spoil much but that intro looked real..very similar to GTA IV's.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
GAMEPLAY leaked. Looks real to me, DON´T CLICK THE LINK IF YOU WANT TO AVOID A POSSIBLE SPOILER.

Sorry for the caps, i just wanted to make it clear.

First video is fake.

Second well I haven't seen this artwork.

2013-09-1118_45_50-lig2une.png

Still fake, somehow doesn't look Rockstar-ish.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
i didn't bother checking the last couple pages of this thread so whats the discussion here? the map size? did you guys see the latest on the map size on kotaku? looks pretty damn big to me and and satisfied.

Well that's pretty obvious. LOL

Additional info from the GI piece on user created content

• You'll have to play the game for about an hour (achieve a specific rank) before you can create your own content.
  • There is a ranking system for user created missions
  • Rockstar will be curating the user created content and tagging some as "Rockstar Verified" (sounds similar to Red Lynx packs for Trials)
  • Leslie Benzies: "We eventually want players to be able to create missions as complex as the ones found in our single-player game. (...) Make anything their brains can come up with. We'd like people to be able to make their stories with all the tools we have available to make ours
  • On when content will come out: "We will be creating new missions faster than people can play them."
  • Rockstar has the ability to tweak missions on a day-by-day basis, so they can change a simple death match to be "rocket launchers only" on a specific day of the week, with a higher reward, etc.

Love that bolded section about user created content in Leslie's interview. Pretty much confirms a simple scripting engine down the line. I love creating content in games, and I want the ability to create a complex, difficult mission that requires teamwork... I want to be able to chart a path that the NPC AI take, not just launch spawn points... So if that means taking out a VIP in a mission, I want to be able to set the way point of the VIP, creating a race to get to the airport just behind the VIP, where he gets into an airplane and flies away... And you have to get into another plane and track him down. I want scripting in this.

sappyday

Ok I saw the vids. Now I'm gonna force myself to leave the internet until Tuesday. I'm just gonna focus on KH HD and pretend nothing else exists.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I liked free aim but I hate the aiming dot is so small.

But it's classic Payne! You can change it in the menu, I think. I play auto aim occasionally (because friends) but it kind of just takes away all the skill, in my opinion. Also? It aims at things that I don't want it to! XD

G17

No, not really. I swear, this desperation for a next-gen version is getting sad.

I am getting the 360 version, how does linking to an article make me desperate and sad to you? Not really constructive to call other people names.

That said I would gladly double dip.

Marleyman

Banned

• You'll have to play the game for about an hour (achieve a specific rank) before you can create your own content.
  • Rockstar will be curating the user created content and tagging some as "Rockstar Verified" (sounds similar to Red Lynx packs for Trials)
  • Leslie Benzies: "We eventually want players to be able to create missions as complex as the ones found in our single-player game. (...) Make anything their brains can come up with. We'd like people to be able to make their stories with all the tools we have available to make ours
  • On when content will come out: "We will be creating new missions faster than people can play them."
  • Rockstar has the ability to tweak missions on a day-by-day basis, so they can change a simple death match to be "rocket launchers only" on a specific day of the week, with a higher reward, etc.

Love that bolded section about user created content in Leslie's interview. Pretty much confirms a simple scripting engine down the line. I love creating content in games, and I want the ability to create a complex, difficult mission that requires teamwork... I want to be able to chart a path that the NPC AI take, not just launch spawn points... So if that means taking out a VIP in a mission, I want to be able to set the way point of the VIP, creating a race to get to the airport just behind the VIP, where he gets into an airplane and flies away... And you have to get into another plane and track him down. I want scripting in this.

Awesome info; I can't believe what they are doing w/ GTA:O.

Con_Smith

Banned

This shit sounds amazing. We haven't seen interiors much but I want some crazy bike races in a mall or knife fights on the blimp while tanks and planes fight to bring you down.

sunnz

Bad arma/ dayz memories...

kris.

Banned
I am getting the 360 version, how does linking to an article make me desperate and sad to you?

That said I would gladly double dip.

I'm just saying that there hasn't been any shred of evidence that the game is coming to next-gen consoles and everyone's running around assuming it will be when you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. The listings were clearly fake yet people are gonna latch onto them with hope that the games are gonna be next-gen. It's coming to the 360, it's coming to the PS3. That's all we know, that's all we should assume.

dreamfall

isnt there a map on the OT post?

Yeah, it was a fan made map.

I wasn't upset so much about seeing the map- it's just that there were others who were actively complaining right above your post, and then it was posted again.

Story spoilers/gameplay spoilers are definitely not what I want. Map was alright with me, just some were upset. Bad timing I guess!

Vizzeh

Banned
So we have GTA and GTA:Online

Can we play in one anothers GTA single player game, co-op or otherwise? (im guessing no from what I read)

So specifically we need to enter GTA:Online to play with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom