• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

So lucky; Pennsylvania needs to step their medicinal marijuana game up!
I live in Colorado, we stepped it up big time, but having a medical card is still the only way to buy from a local legit business.

What's the point of having MMJ dispensaries in GTA V? Is it like a power up or something? Gives you bullet-time? I don't know much about that.

hlhbk

I am debating and want your opinion GAF. I have already taken the 17th off. I have the special edition preordered and paid off at Amazon. If I stay that route I may not get the game delievered to my door until 5-7 PM that night. I have called my local gamestop and can preorder the CE, and get it at midnight and play all day. Unfortunatly the special edition is sold out so if I get it at gamestop it will be the CE.

Is it worth the extra $70 for the CE and getting to play it all day on my day off?

Anyone?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Random guy: "He is also posting gameplay soon

Rockstar Games: " No, he isn't."

AUdWnwH.png

dat cock block

Andrew.

Banned
Anyone here doing any sort of home or self "preparation" before game release?

Im cleaning the hell out of my apartment this weekend in anticipation of sitting on my ass and ordering nothing but take out for a week.

Ah, vacation.

If you've got the money, love Los Santos hats, in game garages with hot rods, then sure.

I'm getting the CE because of some weird compulsion. Not sure if it's worth it, but I have no regrets.

And playing it as soon as possible will be a bonus. I'm like your current situation, I've ordered online and UPS doesn't deliver here until after 5 and usually closer to 6.

ZeroRay

So can any reviewers say how the PS3 version performs?

Might switch to 360 if there's a huge performance disparity, even though I'm not paying for Live.

So how do you guys feel about the whole map being open right from the start instead of it broken off a section at a time?

Good? Bad? No Difference?
It's going to great. If one island of Liberty City was enough to distract me from the campaign, having the entire world open, with wildlife and hunting and countryside and underwater and miniguns....

Also, minigun hunting should become an official multiplayer mode

antitrop

Anyone here doing any sort of home or self "preparation" before game release?

Im cleaning the hell out of my apartment this weekend in anticipation of sitting on my ass and ordering nothing but take out for a week.

Ah, vacation.
My work schedule works out nicely, I will have next Wednesday and Thursday off. I get off work at Noon on Tuesday, and I'll pick up my pre-order then.

My Xbox 360 hasn't been plugged in since Resident Evil 6 came out, so I have to fuck with all that. I hate consoles. I'm probably going to have to re-wire my surround sound setup, because the wires are all fucked up.

Monday night will definitely be spent "preparing the area" to play GTA on Tuesday afternoon.

I'm thinking about preordering game from PSN. I have disk preorder but there isn't any indication of midnight release in my country and also game might be late as always due to "customs problems". Considering games printed locally it's just dumb excuse.
Max Payne 3 was late one week. SR IV and SC Blacklist were also one week late. I just bought digital versions from US PSN.

dreamfall

Rockstar Ninjas everywhere!

I love it! We'll be all playing it on day one, with nothing but trailers seen!

Surprises for all. I am excited!

Andrew.

Banned
My work schedule works out nicely, I will have next Wednesday and Thursday off. I get off work at Noon on Tuesday, and I'll pick up my pre-order then.

My Xbox 360 hasn't been plugged in since Resident Evil 6 came out, so I have to fuck with all that. I hate consoles. I'm probably going to have to re-wire my surround sound setup, because the wires are all fucked up.

Monday night will definitely be spent "preparing the area" to play GTA on Tuesday afternoon.

Yeah make sure you get all that wire shit taken care of before Tuesday!

Potential problem

I said it before but the best part of San Andreas and how much content it had was that it was revealed to you in a slow drip. You do car customization for one mission, then you find out that the Los Santos map split into colored territories that you could capture, then you found out you could fly planes and parachute, then you found out there was a fucking jetpack in the game.

If it was all there right away the impact would have been reduced dramatically.

A lot of that is vehicle related though. You couldn't get the jetpack until the mission opened it up even though you may have been to that area before if you were risky.

I think there's going to be plenty of surprises honestly. I like the fact I can just venture out of town if I wish. I'll probably play a lot of the missions at first though, exploration for me comes from the mission structure then I find a cool spot and want to take a certain vehicle there.

It seems this is like how people complain about fast travel "ruining games". Where you CAN just go get a plane and fly to the outskirts, but you don't have to. You COULD just steal a motorcycle and ride the freeways around the whole map but you don't have to.

I think it's a great option. I hated being cut off in SA from the map when making getaways and running from cops only to have my stars jump up.

It's just an option, so if people ruin the surprises by not following the missions that will obviously open it up to you, then that's on the person.

My entire day will consist of stopping by my MMJ dispensary for some goods, then GameStop to pre-order GTA V, followed by a trip to Burger King to try out those french fry burgers for a dollar.

Then reading this thread and playing The Lost and Damned for the rest of the day.

6 more days.

Well that makes two of us. Except for the Burger King part :D

Random guy: "He is also posting gameplay soon

Rockstar Games: " No, he isn't."

AUdWnwH.png

dat cock block

Golden.

Snake staying on top of this shit. Only a matter of time, I think. He will be ready.

antitrop

Yeah make sure you get all that wire shit taken care of before Tuesday!
Wiring surround sound speakers is the devil. I never should have bought them because of that hassle, but now that I have them I feel like I'm forced to deal with the frustration of using them.

There is literally bands of speaker cable just free floating and hanging all around my room, it's ridiculous.

Gotta catch all those GTA V Protagonists.

Yeah Rockstar. Block all those people who want to show some gameplay so that others dont know that it might suck.

Rockstar is so damn butthurt really. Its kinda pathetic.

Ummm. You work on a game for 5 years and invest 265m then have it leak everywhere.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Wow, really? How is the map for a GTA game ever a spoiler? It's included with the game, in the box, and you're probably going to see it before you've inserted the disk. Unless you had some kind of ritual planned..

Um....no. You don't get to decide what's a spoiler and what isn't. What isn't "important" to you may be important to others. The fact is that I have NEVER seen a map for a GTA game until I've brought the game home and either inserted the disc or looked at the map inside the game case. It might not be important to you but it's important to me that this not be spoiled prior to release.The map so far hasn't even been officially released. Only leaked therefore it is a spoiler.

If I went ahead and posted a big story spoiler there would be a fucking shitstorm and I'd be banned instantly. And rightfully so I might add. A spoiler is a spoiler and people should refrain from posting them whether they think most people have seen it before or not and whether they think it's an important part of the game to be spoiled or not.

At least the guy that posted a spoiler yesterday was genuinely sorry when he realised what he did and edited instantly. Time will tell if the person that posted the map will do the same. If so I'll be less mad(and will actully bother to edit his post out of my quote).

About to preorder this game but just wanted to know something first. What's the general consensus for GTA games regarding xbox vs ps? Trying to figure out which console to grab it for. Do I still get game/patch updates if I'm not on Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom