• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsete

I'll ask again since I dont know what page I last asked on. :p

But will the PSN release allow for pre download before release, like The Last of US?

Deal with it.

ku-xlarge.gif

This speaks to me

Gaz_RB

EDIT: Either he has the game, either some other pirates it's matter of time.

Yup. Surprised it's taking this long to get leaked.

About time to finally open the Infamous Collection I just bought and act like it's GTA V for the next 5 days and try not to check the OT.

Doubt I'll last though haha

Does anyone know if there is a delay between switching characters? In other words, can we switch over and over and over without a delay between? Only curious.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Does anyone know if there is a delay between switching characters? In other words, can we switch over and over and over without a delay between? Only curious.

When the characters are near it's seemless but when they are far away it's just like in the gameplay video where it zoomed out.

I would predict it to be pretty seamless since they've said cutscene transitions are seamless. But yeah I have no idea.

The delay is based on distance between characters. It is cleverly hidden by the zoom-in/out transitions as seen on the gameplay trailer. In missions, there should be no delay assuming the characters are very close to each other.

Anyone see this? Apparently it's a real thing. Wow.

http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/09/petition-launched-prevent-pc-version-gta-v/

A petition has been launched at Change.org in the hopes of preventing Rockstar from ever releasing a PC version of Grand Theft Auto V. Why?
“So PC gamers learn their lesson and stop stealing games.”
That’s not to say there aren’t other people that share the sentiment, however. As no PC version has been announced, more vocal components of the net have been quite happy in bragging that the 360/PS3 has “one of the most important games of the generation” and that the so called “master race” must do without.

The google earth style thing it does when they zoom in and out, Theres a hidden loading process behind this. although its still very quick

Wizman23

Banned
So...how fucked am I if I expect to be able to pick this up at midnight or during the day on Tuesday if I haven't preordered?

Proper fucked?

Just go pre order at Gamestop you still have time. I did yesterday and got a sweet ass GTA5 poster along with my preorder

RulkezX

Regarding reviews.

A poster on one of the other forums I frequent works along side the UK writer for VG247, according to him R* are not providing review code until Friday and the reviews are due Monday.

I assume the likes of IGN will get an elusive review, but sites like VG247 are only being given a couple of days to play the game if they want to get a review out in time for launch.

HT UK

Is the audio 'mode' for the PS3 Pulse Elite headset exclusive to the GTA V Pulse Elite? Or will it be available for everyone using the PEM app?

jacobs34

Regarding reviews.

A poster on one of the other forums I frequent works along side the UK writer for VG247, according to him R* are not providing review code until Friday and the reviews are due Monday.

I assume the likes of IGN will get an elusive review, but sites like VG247 are only being given a couple of days to play the game if they want to get a review out in time for launch.

I believe some review outlets already have the game, there was a picture showing Jim Sterling (?) playing the game some pages back.

I believe some review outlets already have the game, there was a picture showing Jim Sterling (?) playing the game some pages back.

Who does he work for, IGN?

On a side note, I don't think it is possible to review a game of this magnitude in 4 days (Friday -> Monday).

Xdrive05

Any wisdom on how the console versions will compare yet?

I have an original (on its last legs) 20gig 360 and my dual shock three has a broken R2 trigger spring. So I probably need a new DS3 if I get the PS3 version, but I don't think I have the drive space available on 360.

Certinty

Going to cancel my PS3 preorder and order the 360 one. I have about the same amount of friends on each console but even though the 360 version may look a little worse (which I assume is possible since they've only showed PS3 footage to us) the controller has pushed me into getting it.

I've just had a horrible thought: what if this game isn't brilliant?

It will be sweet anyway. Speaking of these metacritic predictions, for instance, in the event it's "not brilliant" it'll still pull a 90 or something ridiculous. I mean, there's just no way. It's the safest "this is gonna be dope" bet since Dark Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom