• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing. I know that I debated on whether I should pick up the 360 or PS3 version but both of them are old fat models. I am worried that my PS3 might die, but so can my 360. I never realized that until now. PS3 it is.

iNvid02

I've just had a horrible thought: what if this game isn't brilliant?

my only fear is it turning out like skyrim; at first its incredibly fun for hours but after the main missions it just ends up becoming stale. gta online looks like it will alleviate this skyrim syndrome though

lmfao

ih4hQ6u.png

Sullen

So...how fucked am I if I expect to be able to pick this up at midnight or during the day on Tuesday if I haven't preordered?

Proper fucked?

If you live in the US you're fine. I honestly don't understand why people go through the nonsense of pre ordering a game. You can walk into any Walmart or Best Buy on release day and pick it up. I was cracking up the other day cause someone on here was worried he wouldn't be able to get a copy on release day in NYC, what a joke.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've just had a horrible thought: what if this game isn't brilliant?

Unless the game is running at 5 fps, not sure how it can't be as good as GTA IV (Crazy people that hate that game be damned).

Large, Rockstar-style world
Max Payne 3 shooting style (over the old, archaic style of GTA IV)

Those 2 alone should be enough for it to be a worthwhile game, never mind the added "multiple characters" ability and tons of side events (Golf, Tennis, etc). Now, those might not "play as well" as standalone Golf/Tennis/etc games, but they are additional things to do (or not do)

p3tran

Banned
my metacritic: 94%

my platform: i will play where it plays better. bonus ps3 is i dont have to delete anything, while my 120gb 360 is filled to the butthole.

wanders

Ugh it seems that there's nothing new regarding GTAO in the IGN article dispite calling the information new

Oh well only a few days left

I really hope GTAV has better cheats than GTAIV.

My impossible dream cheat in GTA V: They take the zombie AI/animations from RDR: Undead Nightmare and make a cheat that turns everything dark and rainy and make all the pedestrians zombies that come after you. It'll never happen though haha

I know cheats are almost non-existent now in games but I really hope there are more than the basic shit we got in GTA IV. That zombie idea sounds brilliant, but I doubt we'll get anything more than the usual boring unlimited health/ammo/armour shit.

JaxJag

Banned
Does anyone have a list of preorder bonuses? Want to buy the 360 version, but dunno where would be the best place to preorder.

Mayyhem

Awhhhhhhhh man I'm so excited. I'm getting the game this Friday!

My friend just told me hes picking it up from this mom & pop shop that sells big games the Friday before release.

The best part about it is, he said he's going to pick up two copies and give one to me as a birthday Gift, since I am celebrating my birthday this Friday.

My friend just told me hes picking it up from this mom & pop shop that sells big games the Friday before release.

The best part about it is, he said he's going to pick up two copies and give one to me as a birthday Gift, since I am celebrating my birthday this Friday.

That's pretty awesome. I'm actually going to start looking around at shops this weekend to see. The problem is that there isn't any mom & pops shops around here. My birthday is ON the 17th so I guess the release is about as good a present as I can get.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

If they're notorious for this... um... good luck.

SJRB

Gold Member
Can you imagine on Monday if R* said "We're delaying until GTAOnline to give you all what you deserve!"?

I'd cry.

Can you imagine if WWIII broke out and there would be nuclear holocaust and there was no electricity on monday and Rockstar said "we're delaying because nuclear bomb fell on our warehouse so all copies are destroyed".

Lik dis if u cry evertim.

BFIB

I really am glad I bought Diablo 3 on PS3 to tide me over. My hype is at max, but since Diablo 3 is so addicting to play, its definitely helped. For those in need of a good time waster, this is your game.

IMACOMPUTA

My birthday is Friday too, what about me?

SuperSah

Banned
Can you imagine if WWIII broke out and there would be nuclear holocaust and there was no electricity on monday and Rockstar said "we're delaying because nuclear bomb fell on our warehouse so all copies are destroyed".

Lik dis if u cry evertim.

Lyked diz cus teerz

LNBL

Metacritic predictions

MormaPope - 100
Cisce - 100
weekend_warrior - 99
flyinpiranha - 99
More_Badass - 99
brickarts295 - 99
Rembrandt - 98/99
RadioActiveLobster 98
Gaz_RB - 98
Alienous - 98
MetalGuardian - 98
Macro. - 98
Spine_Ripper - 98
Spazznid - 98
BigWeather - 98
sdornan - 98
-Yeti - 98
Amagon - 98
AOC83 - 98
red731 - 98
waru - 98
scarlet - 97
Ridesh - 97
antitrop - 97
DukeBobby - 97
Bunta - 97
Tricky I Shadow - 97
Count of Monte Sawed-Off - 97
revolverjgw - 97
Pagusas - 97
likewiise - 97
CountBlackule - 97
The Dutch Slayer - 97
Punished_Snake - 97
SuperSah - 97
Bullza2o - 96
~Kinggi~ - 96
dreamfall - 96
reelbigtink - 96
Avon Barksdale - 96
Prompto - 96
QuantumBro - 96
Dark_AnNiaLatOr - 96
Rastafarian42 - 96
bmdubya - 96
Radec - 96
Undead - 96
NEOPARADIGM - 96
DeadlyVirus - 96
NotTheGuyYouKill - 96
Plasmid - 95/96
Dug - 95
Papercuts - 95
jacobs34 - 95
edgardavids - 95
Represent. - 95
FStop7 - 95
gosox333 - 95
TheLucifer - 95
miDnIghtEr20C - 94
UrbanRats - 94
GAMERG0D - 94
deli2000 - 94
KAP151 - 94
Derrick01 - 93
SkyTurnsRed - 93
Sub_Level - 92
spats - 92
Fjordson - 91
bonesmccoy - 88

It don't work that way, fools

enzo_gt - 101
Ostinatto - 94.57
Gbraga - Yes
Visualante2 - Vomiting
Big Ass Ramp - Fuck Metacritic

Considering how GTA 4 scores 98% for consoles on metacritic, put me down for 100 % GTA 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom