• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Some guy said last friday we will get gameplay, turned out it was bullshit. Then he said oh i got that wrong it's actually next friday so... take it with a grain of salt.

Jhoan

Does anyone have a list of preorder bonuses? Want to buy the 360 version, but dunno where would be the best place to preorder.
Everyone gets the Atomic Blimp no matter where you pre-order it from. If you pre-order it from Rockstar's store, you get a Kifflom shirt, as a bonus; a GTA V key chain from Walmart; $20 (1600 MSP card) in XBL credit from the Microsoft store (maybe your best bet for the 360 version); a $10 gift card from Newegg (I personally pre-ordered the 360 version from there since Newegg doesn't charge tax in NY); and a $10 gift card from Best Buy ($20 for Gold members or something like that).

JaxJag

Banned
Everyone gets the Atomic Blimp no matter where you pre-order it from. If you pre-order it from Rockstar's store, you get a Kifflom shirt, as a bonus; a GTA V key chain from Walmart; $20 (1600 MSP card) in XBL credit from the Microsoft store (maybe your best bet for the 360 version); a $10 gift card from Newegg (I personally pre-ordered the 360 version from there since Newegg doesn't charge tax in NY); and a $10 gift card from Best Buy ($20 for Gold members or something like that).

Thanks man, much appreciated.

Some guy said last friday we will get gameplay, turned out it was bullshit. Then he said oh i got that wrong it's actually next friday so... take it with a grain of salt.

I wasn't implying that it was going to be the review. I'm not sure when that will be up. They are supposedly doing something on Friday that involves getting a glimpse of gameplay and then something else on Monday. Whether or not they are still planning this is beyond me, I heard about it a week and a half ago.

Ugh it seems that there's nothing new regarding GTAO in the IGN article dispite calling the information new

Oh well only a few days left

I called out a few new things from the source article that IGN's piece was based off of. Not much was new but the interview from Leslie Benzies had some good nuggets. Online character is mute, if you have "passive mode on" it is disabled once you fire, the desire for user created content to be as complex as missions from the SP game, R* will have curated user created content lists (ALA "Red Lynx Picks" for Trials Evo), you have to have a certain rank -- equivalent of about an hour of gameplay -- before you can create anything online.

It was like 15 pages ago though haha.

Trying to remember the rest.. it wasn't much.

Hobbun

I’m debating on giving GTA IV a try before playing GTA V. But from what I remember, there was a huge freezing issue, at least on the PS3, when GTA IV was released.

Did Rockstar ever fix that?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I wasn't implying that it was going to be the review. I'm not sure when that will be up. They are supposedly doing something on Friday that involves getting a glimpse of gameplay and then something else on Monday. Whether or not they are still planning this is beyond me, I heard about it a week and a half ago.

Just stop.......

BFIB

I suppose the review will be out sometime between tomorrow and Tuesday.

When it comes to news like this, you need to be accurate here. Look at CBOAT and his threads as an example of how concrete info. needs to be. This type of behavior won't get you far.

I’m debating on giving GTA IV a try before playing GTA V. But from what I remember, there was a huge freezing issue, at least on the PS3, when GTA IV was released.

Did Rockstar ever fix that?

I've played GTA IV on the ps3 years after release and not had an issue, I think it has been patched and fixed.

ironcreed

Banned

Noted. Hopefully we at least get a morsel to tide us over... just a taste.

tumblr_ln3mhwc25y1qiouuvo1_500.gif

Reviewing two weeks before the multiplayer is released seems backwards considering how hyped up it is.

It's likely that reviewers got a lot of hands on time with GTA Online and may include that with the main game review.

However, it's possible they may just have a separate review for GTA Online when it launches.

Hobbun

I've played GTA IV on the ps3 years after release and not had an issue, I think it has been patched and fixed.

Ok, thank you.

Just curious, do you have one of the older PS3s? From reading more into it again, the 60 Gig HDD were a lot more susceptible, which is what I have.

TheContact

With there not being too much of a difference between the two ports, I wonder which version I should get. I like playing on the PS3 better, but I'm trying to make this thing last a while since it's a launch console, and I'm going to drop hundreds of hours into this game

On the other hand my XBL expires in November and I have 0 incentive to renew it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom