• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

In my head the caller has a strong Spanish accent.
Fernando's voice is what makes it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JtIHsKFcso

"The marriage is impossible, Lazlow. If a man was born an angel, maybe it possible, but a man...is born...a man. And a man with needs...he needs a woman to tuck his babies into the bed, but for his bed he needs something else. Something magical. A dream. Sueño..."

"So he starts flirting with his secretary, he takes her out for a drink, one thing leads to another, and before you know it, he's found all kinds of uses for the office furniture."

"Exactly Lazlow. I know what you are like. I see it in your eyes. A wanderer. A dreamer. A man who has needs. But yet, I can save you. And I can save your marriage."

"Eh-heh, my marriage doesn't need saving, heheh!"

"Hey you are the one mentioning the pretty assistant and the office furniture, and the ay-caramba my friend. Listen, Lazlow, and listen very closely. Your marriage is a gift, it is a present from above. You are a man, I think we see by now you are no angel. I can save you. For when the man, he sees his wife all fat, all ugly, with the dirty diapers and the dirty babies and the scrubbing brush, who knows what else, he's not thinking marriage bed, he's thinking about what you thinking about your pretty assistant. We already know that, see."

"Aahh...go on..."

"But Lazlow, what if you act on your fantasy. For your little secretary with the short skirt and the pretty eyes and the 'come-here-and-do-this' smile, and then what my friend? What then?"

"Erm...I get a sexual harassment suit!"

"If you are lucky, my friend. But you, more likely, your marriage is ruined Lazlow. Your sweetheart, she hates you. Your pretty secretary, she wants you to be her man. You back here to square one. My friend, you, and a thousand men like you, for me, once it was so, but then one day, I was driving my car, and I realize, 'Fernando, you are blessed!' You, are a miracle, a thousand miracles rolled into one. You save the marriage, and, you save the man. You don't put the marriage first, and you don't put the man first. Maybe, we call it 'Man Marriage.' Then I think to myself...no...this is a bad name! It sounds really dumb. Then I think, we cal it 'Fernando's New Beginnings.' Because that is...what it is. A new beginning Lazlow."

Ghost23

Can anyone recommend me a 16GB flash drive that will work for installing this game on my old 360? The official Xbox drive on Amazon is way overpriced.

7he Talon

At least they are not delaying the entire game until the online is ready. I think the SP will keep me amused until then
Oh, for sure. I think SP will definitely be enough to get us through till then. Have they given an official reason for the delay for Online?

antitrop

Can't wait for an update on the great Australian v America war.
"Colonel James T. United Stated Marine Corps, Second Battalion. Lazlow, that caller made a really valid point. These kids today have no respect for authority! And there is one thing that would whip them into shape!"

Garland7G

Midnight release mane, i go to gamestop at 11:30 and usually have a shitty spot in line, but the line only lasts for 2 minutes after midnight since they rush everyone in, give them their copy, and everyone leaves after, I've never been there longer than 12:10.

Same here... Their super fast with midnight launches.

See, while this is usually the case with my Gamestop, When big titles hit, hundreds of people come out the woodwork. At the GTA IV midnight release, I seem to remember only about 75-100 people, but times have changed since then so I expect hundreds to be lined up. The manager also mentioned that this store was ranked 8th in the nation for GTAV pre-orders. :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
See, while this is usually the case with my Gamestop, When big titles hit, hundreds of people come out the woodwork. At the GTA IV midnight release, I seem to remember only about 75-100 people, but times have changed since then so I expect hundreds to be lined up. The manager also mentioned that this store was ranked 8th in the nation for GTAV pre-orders. :(

That is exactly why I'm fine with waiting until the next day. Having Wednesdays off from work helps too, because I can stay up all night without having to get up in the morning for work. :D

Garland7G

At least they are not delaying the entire game until the online is ready. I think the SP will keep me amused until then

Ugh, no more delays, the one from May to Sept. nearly killed me. I am however expecting a well polished game R* so don't let me down in that department.

antitrop

That is exactly why I'm fine with waiting until the next day. Having Wednesday's off from work helps too, because I can stay up all night without having to get up in the morning for work. :D

Yup, I have Wednesday and Thursday off. Couldn't be more perfect. I have to work early on Tuesday, though, so no Midnight launch. I'll be swinging by Gamestop after I get off to pick up my pre-order and it is pretty much game on for 2 1/2 days straight.

Loxley

So due to crappy circumstances I'm going to have to wait about an extra 5-6 days until I can pick up GTAV. I've also decided that I'm going to just grab the digital person from PSN, since I'm going to be playing this game a lot and for long time. It may as well just be a permanent fixture within my console.

smr00

Banned
Oh brother. Come on R* Ain't nobody got time for this.

Like someone else wrote... having this on GAF is free advertisement for them and will reach way more people then a magazine spot. Easily.
No.

Nearly a half million views in 2 days.
I'm sure gaming magazines like a GI has 2-3x times that in subscribers alone.

Besides, advertisements like this aren't for the GAF audience. We are already sold on it.

You're out of your mind, you cant honestly believe that

I could be out of my mind... having a couple Sierra Nevada's right now on my Friday evening... but there's around 8K alone viewing the gaming board alone on this site... That's 8000 potential people viewing this thread OP.

Everyday like that until lead up. Not sure how many people are still subscribed to video game magazines.

Gaz_RB

Just loaded up RDR to try to get my mind off GTA. Is the voice actor for Bill the same voice actor that was Bill in The Last of Us?

Btw I forgot this game had motion blur

It's Thursday. I'm officially 31 years old today, but inside I'm 10 and it's Christmas eve for the next five days.

Happy birthday homie

chugen

FYqMDlH.jpg

dat OT dat Rockstar dat hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom