• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
This thread is moving too fast. Can someone bring us up to speed on what R*s beef is with Bucket? Bucket has done an awesome job, I am sure the staff at R* are proud of it too.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yo. If you noticed you got demoted on the PS3-GAF crew. PM me, LiquidMetal14 or SolidsnakeSSx for a link to the google doc.

We are filling up fast and might need to make sure that only GAF members are in.

WAit, can somebody actually explain what's gone wrong in the last hour or two w/ R* and Buckethead?

If they're upset about a very well made OT, then that's something else and very discouraging about the company. This is the biggest, most civil, and most well organized videogame website on the internet -- generating millions of dollars in sales for GTAV, as well as almost every news story for videogame websites that Rockstar advertises GTAV on.

Fans of the series have been chomping at the bit for this OT, dying for it to come out. Hell, the hype for the OT Monday night/Tuesday morning was as high as the hype for most of the trailers. This OT is going to generate -- potentially -- millions of dollars for Rockstar. It's a free advertisement on the biggest and most dedicated videogame community in the world.

It would be a true shame if Rockstar -- a company that we generally think of as "in touch" -- thought any less of Gaf.

KAP151

Fair enough if we were listing torrents, or ISO rips or someone had the entire guide in PDF form, but there is nothing in that OT that isnt widely available ALL OVER THE INTERNET, including most of the GTA fansites that R* seems to love (all that free advertising).

Andrew.

Banned
Hate to play devils advocate here, but let's say you were throwing a surprise party that cost you 265 million dollars. Wouldn't you be up all your friends asses making sure they dont fuck up and spoil the celebration?

Loakum

Banned
Nobody puts Bucket in the corner.... Great job buddy on the OT. It is truly amazing. You should be proud of it and enjoy it.

R* don't start this shit, relax and enjoy the release. Shit happens and you deal with it, be proud of the game...

Huh? Did something happen between rockstar and buckethead?

Trying really, really, reallllly hard not to give the real map a proper look, I've seen thumbnails of it from certain sites being dickbags but that's it. I'd rather the first time I see it at least be when I whip it out... Of the game case while waiting for the install to finish.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fair enough if we were listing torrents, or ISO rips or someone had the entire guide in PDF form, but there is nothing in that OT that isnt widely available ALL OVER THE INTERNET, including most of the GTA fansites that R* seems to love (all that free advertising).

His map is even the fanmade one, lol.

It may be the radio stuff(but you could easily say "here's music you should listen to if you want to be pumped for the game!", it's fucking music) or the message from our sponsors part. But to nitpick that over the whole thing done out of goodwill to drum up free hype is outright shitty.

Godslay

Banned
Hate to play devils advocate here, but let's say you were throwing a surprise party that cost you 265 million dollars. Wouldn't you be up all your friends asses making sure they dont fuck up and spoil the celebration?

Great analogy. Needs more cars involved.

We need a sarcasm font.

The OT is an enormous free advertisement for their game, with a bigger reach than any of the advertisements that they've paid for.

They should realize that...

It's also a freaking beautiful OT.

Gaf is also one of the few sites that has no tolerance for leaks.. Hell, we didn't even post the leaked map in this thread. Something that is available on every forum on the internet.

Sucks that you're getting hounded by Rockstar's legal team, Buckethead. You created one of the best looking OT I've seen on this site. Awesome work, and I hope it all gets sorted out soon.

Mayyhem

One of my favorite OT's ever. Hopefully everything calms down... I just want everyone, including Rockstar obviously, to enjoy the release of GTA V.

Zyae

WAit, can somebody actually explain what's gone wrong in the last hour or two w/ R* and Buckethead?

If they're upset about a very well made OT, then that's something else and very discouraging about the company. This is the biggest, most civil, and most well organized videogame website on the internet -- generating millions of dollars in sales for GTAV, as well as almost every news story for videogame websites that Rockstar advertises GTAV on.

Fans of the series have been chomping at the bit for this OT, dying for it to come out. Hell, the hype for the OT Monday night/Tuesday morning was as high as the hype for most of the trailers. This OT is going to generate -- potentially -- millions of dollars for Rockstar. It's a free advertisement on the biggest and most dedicated videogame community in the world.

It would be a true shame if Rockstar -- a company that we generally think of as "in touch" -- thought any less of Gaf.

This is the funniest most out of touch post ive ever read on the internet

is there a way to delete a gaf account

Don´t be scare bro, we got you cover. In the meantime...

fdyhfr-meme-generator-hide-yo-kids-hide-yo-wife-5dc51d.png

Shinsky

The OT is an enormous free advertisement for their game, with a bigger reach than any of the advertisements that they've paid for.
I would argue the ads on the 3 buildings in LA would be a bit more effective if not more cool. (No offense to the OP, The OT is really beautiful.)

That OT is absolutely gorgeous but is the formatting fucked up for anyone else?

I want to love it but I'm obsessive compulsive about this kind of stuff.

SaSliXCII

Banned
This is the first ever time i've pre ordered a game, i did it just now via Amazon UK. I picked release day delivery so they better send it, if not, i'll go crazy on those fuckers!!! #Gethyped xD

Squire

Banned

Definitely.

I know leaks happen and there's nothing you can do about it, but I think that only applies to core consumers. You can contain this stuff to keep it from finding the eyes of casuals to some extent.

And it's their game to keep secret, be that good or bad. It's just their right.

Squire

Banned

Gaf is also one of the few sites that has no tolerance for leaks.. Hell, we didn't even post the leaked map in this thread. Something that is available on every forum on the internet.

What? Yes, Buckethead did a fantastic job, but you think GAF has more reach than Breaking Bad and national sporting events?

You are fucking high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom