• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm I the only one that thinks rockstar would have made a killing by letting people who pre ordered the collector's edition to pay the game 1 day earlier?

Spazznid

Do you know why it's such a great trailer?

It doesn't play the game for us.

It tells us just enough of the story to know what's going on.

It doesn't assume we know anything about the game, but doesn't try to explain everything.

It has a very up-beat song that none of us has ever heard before, but can easily hum to.

Contrary to the music, the actions taking place are all pretty devious, and dark.

Timing.all of the transitions were timed perfectly, not just to the music, but to the pacing of the trailer.

Nothing is finished. We don't see how the MC lands after jumping out of a Helicopter. We don't see how the bank heist goes. so the trailer leaves us wanting more.

Also, it's GTA. I mean hype would pretty much make Chop's turds into GOATs.

Spazznid

Name your all time favorite GTA character!

Mine is Donald Love, from GTA 3. And a cameo in San Andreas.

Donald was also in Vice City.

Mine is Claude Speed.

Not only is he awesome, mute, and a part of/ enemies with every gang out there, but he also killed what's-her-face in the end. I smiled so big. Only GTA I truly loved the ending to.

Probably OG Loc, he was hilarious.

He's Gangsta!

PS3 or 360 version?
Standard Edition or Collectors Edition?

Went stupid, 360 collectors edition just for the dlc extras. Considered PS3 for GTA Online once I let my gold account lapse, but too many friends will be on 360. Guess I can buy some cards to keep gold going until I can (hopefully) double dip for a PS4 GTA Online.

Edit: Also, GAF Street joined!

Spazznid

Also, the line "A few weeks ago, I was happily sulking by my swimming pool..." gets me every time, even if it is a cut.

I love all the characters.

And more importantly, it's not like other GTA games where the protag is pulled in against their wishes. These guys actually want to re-live the good old days, and rob banks and shit. Though Franklin, I don't exactly know what his reasons are, but his Homies make up for it.

9722667114_2921dcbce7_o.gif

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Allright, time to make the unbearable wait go faster by streaming heist films, one a night until release

I love all the characters.

And more importantly, it's not like other GTA games where the protag is pulled in against their wishes. These guys actually want to re-live the good old days, and rob banks and shit. Though Franklin, I don't exactly know what his reasons are, but his Homies make up for it.

9722667114_2921dcbce7_o.gif

Good fucking GOD, the detail on the face.
The expressions & subtle motions.

Makes all the high res PC screenshot threads of Crysis & Metro look like low polygon flat textures with no lighting.

antitrop

So many different characters people love, very little consensus.

One of the truly magnificent things about the GTA series, the colorful cast of characters.

FloatOn

Confession time. I've never beat a GTA game.

For whatever reason I just lose interest.

I've since refined my gaming tastes by completing several clones and I'm fully expecting to play and beat GTA 5 in the most exhaustive way possible.

Don't flog me.

Eusis

Alright, preordered finally. A bit late for Special Edition (is there any chance of spares for this?) but I'm there day one for PS3 now.

Vice city stories is my favorite lol.... i hate to say it but its better than VC itself. Being part of a zombie movie in the north point mall. And controlling a robot from outside a guys house to rob a safe. Jet skis, an even better soundtrack

Also phil fucking collins

Spazznid

As far as characters I was most excited to meet, It'd have to be Misty. Unfortunately, she was a pretty meh character, and didn't at all reflect the artwork of her...

gta3-lithographs-misty.jpg

antitrop

Ya, the extent of Misty's character is flirting with the mechanic guy, and some throwaway dialogue as you drive her around for a few boring, early missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom