• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_RB

142.gif

Yeah...I agree that might be a little hyperbolic on his part haha.

It does look good though.

And damn I love that show.

Edit: lol where did the misfits gif go?

Ridiculously hyped.

I almost want to start smoking weed again (quit almost by accident 9 months ago) just so I can play this game high. Maybe I'll start again in a few months after going through the game a hundred times and it'll be like I'm playing it for the first time all over again :D

Preordered on PSN already but also ended up preordering a retail copy (PS3 again even though I have a 360, mainly because my super slim PS3 is almost silent and my 5 year old 360 is loud as fuck and only 20gb hard drive means I can't really spare 8gb just for one game) which will be available to pick up at 8am on the release day. I may or may not sell the retail copy a few days later, haven't decided yet.

I'm gonna pick the game up and then stock up on junk food, drinks etc on the way home like a baws. My pulse elite edition headset just arrived two days ago too, been playing TLOU and TBOGT and can't imagine how mindblowingly perfect it'll be for GTA V.
It also worked for San Andreas (PS2 Classic version, not an actual PS2 disc) which surprised me as I'd read that the headset didn't work with PS1/PS2 classics but it totally does for me. They must have recently updated it so that it's compatible with older games I guess.

Will probably only play the disc version for a few hours then give it to my younger brother while my digital copy downloads (won't be available till 3pm in my timezone, and will probably take about 18-24 hours to download, damn these Australian internets of mine).

It's been said a couple of times but first thing I'm planning to do is find a bike (as in a bicycle, not a motorbike) and ride around taking in all the scenery/atmosphere and getting a feel for the controls. NOT TO MENTION A CONTROL FOR THE FEELS :D :D :D
*giggles maniacally to self*

I previously posted here that this was my most anticipated game since RE4 in early 2005, but I now feel that this is the most hyped I've been for a game ever. The wait (only 5 days left where I am, it's already the 12th here) almost feels mildly traumatic.

Last game you were this hyped for, if any?

For me, Halo 3.

/flamesuit on

Probably GTA: Vice City, that was the last game I think I was truly hyped for as I was still riding the wave of GTA III awesomeness and it ended up disappointing due to how much wasted space there was with the massive beach and lifeless airport while not being as interesting to explore as III was.

GTA V is my first pre-ordered/buy on release GTA since San Andreas, unless we want to count RDR.

dreamfall

Ya, the extent of Misty's character is flirting with the mechanic guy, and some throwaway dialogue as you drive her around for a few boring, early missions.

Misty: Joey... Am I going to get to play with your big end again?

Joey Leone: I'll be with you in a minute spark plug.

Squire

Banned
I love all the characters.

And more importantly, it's not like other GTA games where the protag is pulled in against their wishes. These guys actually want to re-live the good old days, and rob banks and shit. Though Franklin, I don't exactly know what his reasons are, but his Homies make up for it.

9722667114_2921dcbce7_o.gif

His homies are the reason. Look at his face. He can't stand these motherfuckers.

hlhbk

I had the 360 special edition preordered at Amazon for months. Today I arranged to take the 17th off, cancelled that preorder, preordered the collectors edition from my local GameStop, and will pick it up at midnight and play all day.

So if I understand it right Rock star included a mission maker to allow user generated story content? Is that right?

Spazznid

It's actually required by law that leaked picture be blurry

also, whoever got it early will stream it, and be fuckin' TERRIBLE at the game

reminds me of that halo 4 leak on that dude's tiny tv in like a barn that he recorded with a crappy phone cam. And the music was garbage, too.... Good times...

Just got back from Gamestop to preorder the Collector's Edition. I was debating it but I figure fuck it, this'll probably be game of the generation anyways, I might as well pick it up. Also dat hat. I can't wait for Monday night.

Edit: WHELP, I'M OUT

Alienous

Most real looking picture I've seen so far.

Speculation based on the images.
Holy shit, the game starts with Franklin on the run. I could get down with that.

Would explain why he wants to give the shit up. Get that last payday.

Just got back from Gamestop to preorder the Collector's Edition. I was debating it but I figure fuck it, this'll probably be game of the generation anyways, I might as well pick it up. Also dat hat. I can't wait for Monday night.

exclusive garage was enough for me even if it does get unlocked later, not that I'm saying it does but worst case

Spazznid

Those pics.....

Holy god, Get out now or forever spill your brains.

I plan on, like watching the cutscenes for all the GTA's before V comes out. Maybe not 4's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom