• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great games that are in prison.

well maybe, but probably not since it's old as fuck now, probably not worth the porting costs, and microsoft is the publisher and I don't see them making more effort than having made it playable on all their consoles already.
Baby Reaction GIF

Whats funny is, all the games that I want to play that are in “prison”, I actually own and can play. I’m just too lazy to hookup the system and put the disc in. 😆

5UyouZg.jpeg
1OQYEYR.png

fatmarco

Whats funny is, all the games that I want to play that are in “prison”, I actually own and can play. I’m just too lazy to hookup the system and put the disc in. 😆

5UyouZg.jpeg
1OQYEYR.png

You can still buy Sonic Adventure:

And RE2:

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's gonna be a lot of games from Gen 7 - terrible hardware across the board that gen, because you either had the awful frame rates and image quality of the PS3 and 360, or the comically low resolution and poor video output of the Wii. There's some definite gems on those consoles that deserve a second chance on hardware that's up to the task..

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of stuff like Lost Odyssey, The Last Story, MadWorld, Asura's Wrath, Muramasa (which did have a Vita port, but c'mon).... yeah. Not the best generation for gaming by a long shot, but there were definitely some occasional games that were fantastic and should come back.

PeteBull

Imho- killzone 2 and 3 remastered, collection, would love killzone1 too but even just 2 and 3 would be crazy.
And ofc infamous 1/2 remastered =DDD

Sadly, we will never see another RE Outbreak on current or future gen consoles. The game's part of charm was that the gameplay and features were so limited and janky during ps2 era, people were forced to use in-game gestures to communicate. Not to mention all those limited non mo-cap, stiff animations were part of the charm. Now we have Re:Verse that Capcom marketed as spiritual Outbreak sequel that plays nothing like Outbreak.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection PS3 version. This is the best iteration of Tekken by a mile and it's only available on PS3! Such a bummer.

How?
The 30 fps alone is a big nope on console version.
It's 30 fps on pc too, but with worse frame times, it has no xinput gamepad support either, and the resolution support is pitiful.
If you try to unlock 60fps on pc it becomes unstable because the physics run at 30.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
It's 30 fps on pc too, but with worse frame times, it has no xinput gamepad support either, and the resolution support is pitiful.
If you try to unlock 60fps on pc it becomes unstable because the physics run at 30.

Looks more than ok to me.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I bet in prison they play a lot of catch a soap
Morrowind and Oblivion with gamepad controls.

91Vfm6ZgcrL._SL1500_.jpg

IMG_9856.jpg

ditto to the first 3 splinter cell games with good gamepad controls, locked to OG xbox.
Also fear 1, condemned 1 and dark messiah with working controller option, i can't make it work on pc.

You tell me. 8k, 30+fps, input lag, utrawide, mods, reshade and you are telling the Xbox version is better.

What in the ever loving fuck are you doing? are you so triggered that an experience might be better on console that you're now going out of your way to "prove" me wrong? Fucking pathetic bruv.
Why don't you try proving the guy who made that very video wrong then?
From the very description of the video you just posted, completely siding with what I already explained:
The game may look better, but oh boy.. it has lots of issues... here's the list of issues which is caused by both modding tools. ReShade: This mod has caused the game to not only load 3x SLOWER, but it also affects the FPS too. The FPS usually dips to 50, 40, or even as low as 20 FPS. Not sure on how to fix this. Stutter also happens when the maps are loading. This mod has basically affected the performance of this game. 60FPS mod: This mod has made the game better with 60FPS. BUT... the biggest downside is the changing the entire dam game gameplay. The mod has caused the powerplays to perform VERY fast.. basically sped up as you see the skyscraper collapsing for some reason got sped. It also changes the driving physics. It made the driving feel more "heavy"... basically more realistic. At first I was off, but i'm kinda getting used to it. Also another note that for shortcuts, there's a bug where I actually go through the shortcuts. In other words, I usually just drive through the ground/wall and ended up under the map when i'm driving through the shortcuts that's caused by a powerplay. Also the fact that this game has no controller support too on PC... i believe. None of my controllers would work. Pretty disappointing and i'm not a fan of playing racing games with K/M tbh. Since i'm very annoyed by these issues, this may be the only video I will be posting on Split Second unless you guys want to see more gameplay of every tracks. Let me know if you want to see other race tracks or gamemodes. But to be honest, it's a bit of a hassle to even play this game with these issues.

But sure, post more videos that dunk on yourself, but really, don't, I'm not gonna respond to your insanity after this; good day.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
What in the ever loving fuck are you doing? are you so triggered that an experience might be better on console that you're now going out of your way to "prove" me wrong? Fucking pathetic bruv.
Why don't you try proving the guy who made that very video wrong then?
From the very description of the video you just posted, completely siding with what I already explained:

But sure, post more videos that dunk on yourself, but really, don't, I'm not gonna respond to your insanity after this; good day.
Because is not true and a BIG DISASTER for gaming if the "definitive version" of a game is worse than a console version. Even if you don't use ANY mod that cause issues, just locking to 30fps with any tool to make "perfect" frame pacing at 30fps, but higher resolutions/ultrawide, etc, already make it superior. Also, controller support and even freaking wheels can be injected into the game.

But keep fighting that the Xbox version is the best.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Not sure if already posted but this is a real good co op adventure

5LYggrb.jpeg

And this

W1yNTu5.jpeg

About 1/3 of the way through the story you get sent to prison and spend a lengthy chapter there. The coolest part about it though is that you start doing time in the mid 40s and when you're released, it's 1951. The look of Empire City changes a bit as well as the licensed soundtrack. All of the early to mid 40s tunes are now replaced by sock hop and poppy songs from '51. Ive never seen something like that done to showcase the passage of time. Its fuckin awesome.

Hawk The Slayer

Neo Member
Timesplitters 4
Another Ratchet and Clank game
Starcraft Ghost
Starcraft 3
System Shock 3
Fallout 5
Elder Scrolls VI
Prototype 3
Infamous 4

Top Bottom