• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greatest debut albums

PudieRSC

7e7xhst2vkulq0jgclnwclkkk.470x470x1.jpg

My favorite studio album theirs as well.

1994, I was 13 and listened to rap and whatever pop music was on the radio. This spoke to me and while I don't like them as much as I use to, they hold a special place in my heart.

Korn-Korn.jpg

My first thought as well. Not the best debut ever, objectively. But this and Adrenaline are classic, genre defining debut albums that I still rock from time to time.

To add one that hasn't already been said...

Antemasque-logo-640x640.jpg

Sure ORL and Cedric already have a handfull of classics to their name, but this is the best album they've done since Frances The Mute.

Budi

Not only greatest debut, but also one of the greatest overall for me is from the experimental supergroup Praxis. They've had plenty of changes and guest appearances on their albums and gigs, but Bill Laswell, Buckethead and Bryan Mantia are the core of the group. Listening to the album is a journey every time.
R-1373112-1261422063.jpeg.jpg

Few examples from the album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7lsmHwstVk Seven Laws of Woo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TerGRhSFJg Music video for the single Animal Behavior, with Bootsy Collins. The outro is incredibly beautiful, but can't be heard in it's entirety on the music video.

Ecto311

Sevendust_Cover.jpg

Sevendust self titled. They were known as crawlspace on the mortal kombat soundtrack but there was another band with that name. I can still listen to the whole thing and like every song.

Ps. Old guy rant:

Oh cool music thread and tons of albums with no fuckin names or titles at all.

How is that not a ban? We (or I hope it's not just me) have no fucking idea who most of the artists and album covers are being posted in here. Holy shiiiiiit is it pretentious and vagebook style to do that. It's like you want us to ask what the albums are because we are out of the loop. Even just the title or artist name would be cool.

Yowza, I've been listening to this heavy the past couple weeks - really enjoyable album. Hope she's doing okay, read that she was in a serious accident :c
Apparently she suffered a brain aneurysm and a broken vertebrae. The timing couldn't have been worse for her either. It's just a super sad situation and I really hope she bounces back.

Top Bottom