• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRID: Autosport |OT| Zippin' Up My Boots, Goin' Back To My Roots, Yeah

BPoole

This game is supposed to be hard right? I'm struggling big time even on medium.
Strangely enough, I started off poorly on medium and thought about going to easy, and now after ~25 races, I'm considering going to hard. I just wish the teammates they pout us with weren't so useless. I can never beat Raven Northwest in the Team standings because my partner gets in the bottom 3 every race.

AU Tiger

This game is unplayable for me currently.

It stutters or rather locks up for a split second ever 7 or 8 seconds. I noticed it really bad doing this during the graphics/performance benchmark test and assumed it may just be loading stuff but it continued all the way to the end (avg fps over 80)

Went to do the intro race and on the 2nd lap it started doing it again. Game is impossible to play when it does this.

PC specs

680gtx latest beta drivers
16gigs ram
Fanatec CSR forza/Elite pedals

No other games have these issues including other racing games.

This game is unplayable for me currently.

It stutters or rather locks up for a split second ever 7 or 8 seconds. I noticed it really bad doing this during the graphics/performance benchmark test and assumed it may just be loading stuff but it continued all the way to the end (avg fps over 80)

Does it happen even after lowering the graphics settings to LOW/ULTRA LOW? I know you shouldn't have to with that monster rig, but it'd help to isolate the real cause behind the issue.

leng jai

Okay the first season of Touring was woeful but I'm doing significantly better in the Street season for some reason. What's with the dirty AI though? They seem to ram me off the track at every opportunity which is annoying as hell.

Even though it's started to look a bit dated now I really like this engine. It runs buttery smooth on even mid-tier rigs and always looks very clean. Perfect for a racer really.

Okay the first season of Touring was woeful but I'm doing significantly better in the Street season for some reason. What's with the dirty AI though? They seem to ram me off the track at every opportunity which is annoying as hell.

Even though it's started to look a bit dated now I really like this engine. It runs buttery smooth on even mid-tier rigs and always looks very clean. Perfect for a racer really.

Yeah, Street is actually the perfect place to start since the races are exceedingly short, and the tracks are the easiest to maneuver on. Excellent for newbs like me.

I'd rank Street as the easiest one, followed by Touring, Open Wheel, Endurance and probably Tuner. (not sure about Tuner since I've yet to start it at all, saving it for last before I have to do it for the GRID Grand Slam events)

I'm having loads of trouble winning in the Endurance discipline at the moment. The concentration required for some of the tracks a bit much, and Ravenwest are kicking my behind as usual, can't hold on to the top 2 spots for any extended period of time. The cars you drive in the Endurance discipline are also the most prone to skidding off the track/spinning in circles from oversteering. The last minute is also the most likely time you'll fuck up and swerve out of position since your tires are worn down to a nub.

Bravoexo

Graphic wise, its not that far from GRID 2. It was released without SLI support so it had horrible framerate at Ultra or custom max settings on my rig. But fixed the SLI profile and now benchmarked a Avg 56, Max was 64 on my rig (i7-3770k@4.5Ghz, GTX680-DC2-4GB x 2 in SLI)

Can even capture solidly at 30fps at 3K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BmLss_8IDc

I just had the non-linear acceleration of the steering w/ the Xbox 360 controller profile. With no way to adjust it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I just had the non-linear acceleration of the steering w/ the Xbox 360 controller profile. With no way to adjust it.
Yeah, I can't say I prefer it in terms of what gives me the ultimate control, and yet I also don't know how else they could make the different cars handling feel unique. Surely driving all the many cars of the world is going to feel very different when you turn the steering wheel. Fully linear controls on the stick would nullify that.

RaceManIak

Neo Member
@Loore, can you tell your guys to add a PC controler profile for the "Ferrari F1 wheel Advanced TX" (When you use the Thrustmaster F1 rim with a TX Racing Wheel in Advanced mode to have 25 buttons)

Thx

Certinty

Playing with very hard AI and i'm consistently finishing top 3 in every event. With the tuner events however I'm getting absolutely destroyed. Might turn the difficulty down for those events or does anyone have any tips for drifting and time trials?

Skyzard

Banned
Finding it hard to enjoy as I'm having audio skipping and other issues with the sound.

-edit: Issues were on my end, fixed and it's glorious!

Dice

Finding it hard to enjoy as I'm having audio skipping and other issues with the sound.
My audio skipped when my CPU overheated.

Buttt what is your sound hardware? Maybe set the voice limit down a bit?

Skyzard

Banned
My audio skipped when my CPU overheated.

Buttt what is your sound hardware? Maybe set the voice limit down a bit?

Seems like it's happening in other games now, my bad will try and sort it.

Using asus essence STXII, I tried turning sampling rates down.

Dice

I wonder if this game will get me trained to not suck so bad at F1 games or if it will train me in something else so I'll be all misconfigured when I play F1 and have to adjust. Either way, I'll probably still be completely lost as we don't get any such programming in midwest america and so I have no idea what anyone is talking about whenever they use all their F1 lingo. A n00b mode would be nice, but now I'm talking about a different franchise. The short of it is I hope I learn a good amount about how to handle open wheel cars with this game. Before F1 2011 I had only ever had Flag 2 Flag on Dreamcast, which is, um... yeah.

Dice

Yeah I'm so glad they got rid of the glare. I didn't like being blinded in Algarve.

Ryne

Street racing seems right up my alley, it really is fun.

Thank you to the person who said to shut off the assists, the game is much better now.

How much DLC are they planning? They have the season pass for 30 bucks which I find kinda expensive so I'll hold off until it's cheaper.

@Loore, can you tell your guys to add a PC controler profile for the "Ferrari F1 wheel Advanced TX" (When you use the Thrustmaster F1 rim with a TX Racing Wheel in Advanced mode to have 25 buttons)

Thx

I can ask, can't promise anything though.

Street racing seems right up my alley, it really is fun.

Thank you to the person who said to shut off the assists, the game is much better now.

How much DLC are they planning? They have the season pass for 30 bucks which I find kinda expensive so I'll hold off until it's cheaper.

We'll have a few smaller car packs but the real meat is in the form of mini expansions.

There will be three mini-expansions for GRID Autosport and each will have a specific ‘theme’ surrounding it. The mini-expansions will each include a selection of new locations, some will include new cars and in some cases new game modes entirely.

Each mini-expansion will also bring with it a brand new addition to the single player experience, so while you’ll be able to take your new content online, you’ll also be able to play it offline.

JaoSming

Neo Member
Glad to hear. Is it something you'd like to see more of? Integrated into career more? Or just content with it being an extra party mode?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=117424250&highlight=#post117424250
As DLC, I would love some expansion on Demolition Derby....we've been racing on the same 2 tracks across 3 games over the last 6 years. Throw in some Showdown tracks and cars, hell turn it into the 6th discipline, and make it a one-off distraction into its own fun little mode to vent off frustrations.
yes, please

JB_dk

Neo Member
Glad to hear. Is it something you'd like to see more of? Integrated into career more? Or just content with it being an extra party mode?

I would love some integrated into career.
I know this is Grid. But dirt kategori added and this game could have been "codemasters autosport" with all great type of racing in one package.
Loving the game Btw (ps3)

Skyzard

Banned
If you skipped 2 like me, get back on with this! Great game! Not sure how it compares to the previous title but I'm very pleased with most things about it. Looks great too.

I'm not sure I even have the hi-res textures installed. Wait, yeah I do.

I love the grass and curb in this game :p

BPoole

Is there anything I can do to make my teammate less horrible? He keeps getting in last place every race and makes it nigh impossible to me to get better than 3rd in the team standings.

Is there anything I can do to make my teammate less horrible? He keeps getting in last place every race and makes it nigh impossible to me to get better than 3rd in the team standings.

This. Getting 1st in every race is kinda pointless when your teammate just drags your overal team standings down. It's like you're singlehandedly saving your team from obscurity.

gillty

Banned
This. Getting 1st in every race is kinda pointless when your teammate just drags your overal team standings down. It's like you're singlehandedly saving your team from obscurity.
With the second season, my teammate rarely was placing below 6th place, this is sticking with the same team from the first.

I'm mainly focusing on Touring right now and I just hit level 5. I'm level 2 in Open Wheel, Tuner, and Street, and I had the same issue in those.

Thanks. The topic of team mate has come up a bit since launch, we'll discuss it this week as part of our Community feedback digest.

Ryne

Anyone else find the AI to be a bit 'heavy'?

Meaning if they hit me I have trouble controlling the car, but they are sturdy as bricks on the track - if I hit them they barely notice.

Default and multi turn wheel options are just awful on PS3, on default it's too twitchy, with multi on it's unresponsive, and when you start messing with the other options the steering just gets worse.

Not even the G27's internal configs can save this mess, please put in full wheel options, plus tuning option that will save control configs per vehicle.

DD

I'm gonna say it: this is the best racing game that I've played ever (and I've played a lot of 'em).

leng jai

How do you install he texture pack? I click on on the DLC section and it has a tick on the install box but in the status tab it says not installed.

Megasoum

Banned
So something I just realized. Another thing I really like about the game is that, as a PC Sim racer, I'm REALLLLY glad to finally play a finished game lol. It's been a while for us. Honestly I'm not even sure when it was the last time lol.

RaceManIak

Neo Member
So something I just realized. Another thing I really like about the game is that, as a PC Sim racer, I'm REALLLLY glad to finally play a finished game lol. It's been a while for us. Honestly I'm not even sure when it was the last time lol.

Yep ! the last one was Shift2 (and finished by nogrip lol)

pixlexic

Banned
The cars feel too light to me. Maybe I am too use to gt and forza ?

Oh and why is the no car view so low to the ground!?

BPoole

Thanks. The topic of team mate has come up a bit since launch, we'll discuss it this week as part of our Community feedback digest.
Glad it's being looked into. It's just been kind of in 2 race events where I start in the pole position the first race and finish in first, and then the next race I'm pushed back to 16th place with my teammate on pole, and then I end in the top 3 and he will get in the bottom 3 and I'll end up losing to Ravenwest but <10 points.

Obviously I don't want my teammate to be carrying me through the races, but as it stands now there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to better my standings in the team leaderboards.

Skyzard

Banned
http://a.pomf.se/pihgfq.webm

I like to play with the main screen having the HUD off and extras on the side, some second screen requests/suggestions:
Would love to have Lap number shown in the second screen shown, maybe in the top half which appears pretty empty for me (using 2nd monitor in portrait mode).
Highlighting your position in the dynamic leaderboard table for easy quick looks.
Also perhaps an option to lock it to rear camera so it's like a mirror.
If we could move things about and organise it ourselves that would be insane.

Having a lot of fun with the game just using a controller but will grab my g25 tomorrow. Looks so much better than I thought it would too (except the interiors). I am surprised you can't change controller sensitivity though :S

MaLDo

I have black bars (top/botton) in every resolution with every aspect ratio ¿?

Yeah, it's the black edition, but I thought isn't about bars :(

Certinty

The good:
+ Great variety in events
+ More GRID than GRID 2
+ Looks amazing graphically
+ AI actually fight and are competitive
+ Great track selection
+ New penalty system surprisingly works well

The bad:
- Some camera angles are poor
- AI can often be way too aggressive
- Some events are way too long
- Team mates are pointless and useless

Hawk269

I am liking the game, but does anyone else feel like your not really driving the cars on the track and it seems like they are just sliding/gliding on the track? Just seems like there is no real weight to the cars and your are throwing the cars into the corners instead of driving them into the corners.

MJLord

I don't think the collision physics in EGO have ever been right. It always feels like one person is way too dominant.

Just had some prat keep bombing me in the first hairpin at brans hatch. Hit the brakes halfway through the turn and let him sail into the sand trap xD

TheBear

Hey Loore, just wanted to mention a couple of things:

- The reverse gird stuff appears to be random. Sometimes your last, sometimes your first, sometimes you're like 5th or something. I'm sure there's some logic to it but I can't work it out. Maybe a quick explanation before a race letting you know why you are in that position?
- When you select a team, it's not immediately clear what car you are picking as you can only see the wheels. Also, in something like tuner, it doesn't tell you upfront what cars you will be using for the season. I'm sure the info is there it's just not immediately apparent.
- this game rocks.

That's all for now :)

gillty

Banned
Hey Loore, just wanted to mention a couple of things:

- The reverse gird stuff appears to be random. Sometimes your last, sometimes your first, sometimes you're like 5th or something. I'm sure there's some logic to it but I can't work it out. Maybe a quick explanation before a race letting you know why you are in that position?
- When you select a team, it's not immediately clear what car you are picking as you can only see the wheels. Also, in something like tuner, it doesn't tell you upfront what cars you will be using for the season. I'm sure the info is there it's just not immediately apparent.
- this game rocks.

That's all for now :)
When deciding between sponsors for a season, there is a submenu displaying the car used for each event.

Top Bottom