• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT3 Grand Valley Speedway NSX time trial

rs7k

I've been practising that one a lot, and I was wondering how my best times compared to yours.

My top 3 are:

1 - 1.47.112
2 - 1.47.768
3 - 1.48.196

rs7k

Come on, has nobody played this game? :p

I searched for times on the Internet, but they vary a lot and there's no way to know if the best times are authentic AFAIK. I just want to see if anyone on GA has this time beat. I know the old forum has a similar thread with times posted, but yeah, I can't access the old GA.

Dekajelly

Here you go...

5834.jpg

two laps of GVS in the Mugen NSX. :D

rs7k

Dekajelly said:
Here you go...

5834.jpg

two laps of GVS in the Mugen NSX. :D

I'm gonna try to beat that... I could've done it today if I hadn't screwed up on the last S-turn, I had an advantage of about 0.7s on my best time. I hate it when it happens, especially more when I do this well.

rs7k

Should I turn off the traction control to get better times? I'm usually able to switch it off, but it never works for that race. Btw, I'm just doing the Time Trial thing, I haven't been able to actually unlock that NSX, or I'm just not able to find a way to do the exact same race in Free Run mode.

mr2mike

Banned
1:45:514

with a plain old dualshock. :D

DSC2041.jpg

And just a pic because it's pretty
DSC02038.jpg

The trick definitely was using those DS2 analog buttons to brake smooth like buttah

...wait... why Am I glad online is out of GT4? i'd kick ass... Oh yeah, so I dont get bothered by kids in 1000 HP Skylines.

Ploid 3.0

AlphaSnake said:
Awesome. I'll post some times later.

Oh give it up Alpha, there's no way you're going to beat Deka. Deka will win with no sweat unless Rainbow, or Mashoutposse come up with scores.

Edit: :eek: New challenger above just beat the Insane Deka. What!!!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh give it up Alpha, there's no way you're going to beat Deka. Deka will win with no sweat unless Rainbow, or Mashoutposse come up with scores.

Edit: :eek: New challenger above just beat the Insane Deka. What!!!
Deka also won the WRC2 challenge as well...

Ploid 3.0

Deka is a speed demon. I learned that the hard way. Thought i was GT hot stuff. I beat Alpha though, but Rainbow, Deka, and Mashoutposse owned me.

mr2mike

Banned
"Edit: :eek: New challenger above just beat the Insane Deka. What!!!"

And the best part is, I knew I wasn't one of the sucky players, but I didn't think I'd hang with it this much. I ran a couple of laps and nailed a 46.2x and I knew I at least had deka's time left in me, but .514? I'm as surprised as everybody else :p

Then again, I've been known to rape the F50 in PGR with an RX-8, so... ;)

Ploid 3.0

Well.... Looks like Mr2mike have some work to do :( (I thought you were the one ; ;). Deka does it again.

Sony should have Deka, Rainbow, and Mashoutposse as testers (if they don't already work for them :eek: ). They have my vote.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Ploid 3.0 said:
Deka is a speed demon. I learned that the hard way. Thought i was GT hot stuff. I beat Alpha though, but Rainbow, Deka, and Mashoutposse owned me.

Haha. Yeah right. I raced once. First a practice run, 1:47.something. The practice run was to evaluate the course. I left the course, went into settings adjusted the suspension. Lowered the car some more, turned down TCS, adjusted rebound, compression and rear sway bar.

Shaved off over a second AND I hit the grass about twice only because I was getting used to the lack of TCS. 1:45.994 was my 2nd try time.

AlphaSnake

That's poppycock! No one ever specified it had to be stock.

I ran the stock Mugen and I'm like 5 seconds behind the rest of you. Bollocks!

mr2mike

Banned
eh... people... am I the only one to have run that from the actual time trial mode?

I mean as specified in the title, you run the castrol mugen NSX/GVS time trial of the time trial mode..

Unless you guys are just free running the CMNSX on GVS... in wich case I'm getting screwed since in time trial mode, I had to set that time while being inconvenienced by the assists...

AlphaSnake

Dekajelly said:
Really... well you're 6 behind using a modified NSX.
eusa_dance.gif

nsxmodi.jpg

1.37:754 now. I have no pics, though. :\ My camera is a battery hog.

Ploid 3.0

AlphaSnake said:
That's poppycock! No one ever specified it had to be stock.

I ran the stock Mugen and I'm like 5 seconds behind the rest of you. Bollocks!

lol OWN3D (I know I'm late. I gotta start bookmarking threads. Can't look at threads I posted in like the old GAF *in the CP*) Sure wish GT4 was online so I could race joos in person (Somewhat), and save a replay of Alpha spinning out of control.

Ploid 3.0

Man these online games and time trial/game record threads showed me that I pretty much suck at games :(. But I still own my local friends, and that's pretty much the main thing that counts.

rs7k

Ploid 3.0 said:
Man these online games and time trial/game record threads showed me that I pretty much suck at games :(. But I still own my local friends, and that's pretty much the main thing that counts.

What are your times? I can't match most of the times posted here, simply because no one seems to be running in the time trial mode.

Zaptruder

Banned
lol :p for a moment, I was thinking, how the fuck is it humanly possible to shave off 7 seconds of the gold medal run (in Arcade TT)? I mean... I could see 4 seconds, but that would have to be extremely tight. I just managed to get gold and my goodness that was a feat I thought.

Then I tried for a gold medal in license... well that was a great deflater. :p

mr2mike

Banned
hm... after this thread last time I started going back to the license tests in small spurts. Last time I played I was around the middle of I-A license, with everything gold.

I need to finish that before GT4 hits, warm me up a bit.

Top Bottom