• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gt4 for me is the most visually impressive racer this gen

cobragt3

The game simply looks more realistic than anyother racer this gen. And to prove that, I have a vid a Bentley Speed8 and Audi R8 going down the track. Now the 2 cars are seen for only a short while but omg, the sight of them coming down the track was just amazing! Anyway, here's the vid
http://www.playstation.jp/ch/pv/asx/mv_gt4_01a.asx
Now mind you, the whole vid isn't about those 2 Le mans cars, sadly so when the vid loads skip to like 3:35.

Also, check out this pic of the Speed8 in the pits
20041109-gt02.jpg

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Some might argue that for depth of beauty and dedication to the craftsmanship of gaming, Gran Turismo 3 is the best looking game available ever. An uncompromised offering the likes of which have yet to be matched in any general release.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Wait a minute...

What F-Zero GX track is that? That must be an AX track.

IMO, what makes GT4 so impressive is what it is able to achieve considering the hardware it's running on.

Gek54

RSC2 is the only game that meets/excedes GT4 IMO.

Still got to give TOCA2 a lot of props for looking as good as it does with 21 cars on the screen and full damage modeling at 60fps.

Gek54 said:
RSC2 is the only game that meets/excedes GT4 IMO.

Still got to give TOCA2 a lot of props for looking as good as it does with 21 cars on the screen and full damage modeling at 60fps.
yeah thats a good point considering other games have only 6-8 cars on track...

I think some of the tracks in Flatout are very close to RSC2 quality. It looks superb and is smooth as butter.

Gek54 said:
Does Flatout run at 60fps on xbox?
yes. atleast looks 60fps to me. =) At first I didnt like to blur-effect but now I have get used to it...and it makes it look bit more realistic.

edit: I think devs said in some interview that Xbox version is 60fps.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
RSC2 is not on GT4 or even GT3's level in the grfx dept. Sorry.

In fact, RSC1 (PC) had more 'Oh sh!t that looks real!' moments than RSC2. For me at least.

Top Bottom