• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

ashk

I'll be using the BMW M3 Coupe '07.

I'd also like a clarification on a question regarding the corner cutting. When you say curb, does that include both the red/white and gray part (i.e. everything that isn't grass)? Or just the red & white part? From the wording I suspect the former, but I just want to make it completely clear so I don't get any unnecessary penalties. Personally, so far I've been trying to keep two wheels on the road through that corner, but there's a few tenths to be made by going through it more aggressively.

Kaze13

Z34 Best new time = 1:26.353! Yah...I think I'll be using the Z34. I used the GT5-tuning settings and it just didn't feel right. Some of it worked but my tune in was a bit better for me. I mish- mashed the settings and now it feels *almost* as stable as my Z33 but quite a bit faster. It bested the Z33's best and avg lap by almost a second.

Toxa

sorry guys but I'm not sure to take part to the race tomorrow :(

I have a lot of things to do tomorrow; and I not sure if I'll be able get back at home in time.

have to find someone to replace me :(

sorry

I might not be able to race tomorrow as well. I started a new job on Wednesday and I have to come in tomorrow for a few hours because we fell behind a bit, but usually I won't work Saturdays. Anyway, if I manage to choose a car, and actually practice today, I can possibly race tomorrow as I should be home before 4pm. Otherwise Dibbz or whoever can jump in.

UFRA

ashk said:
I'll be using the BMW M3 Coupe '07.

I'd also like a clarification on a question regarding the corner cutting. When you say curb, does that include both the red/white and gray part (i.e. everything that isn't grass)? Or just the red & white part? From the wording I suspect the former, but I just want to make it completely clear so I don't get any unnecessary penalties. Personally, so far I've been trying to keep two wheels on the road through that corner, but there's a few tenths to be made by going through it more aggressively.

Good question! I've clarified the post a bit more.

You are allowed to use the gray part as well. So as you said, anything that isn't grass is OK to drive on.

Lion Heart said:
I might not be able to race tomorrow as well. I started a new job on Wednesday and I have to come in tomorrow for a few hours because we fell behind a bit, but usually I won't work Saturdays. Anyway, if I manage to choose a car, and actually practice today, I can possibly race tomorrow as I should be home before 4pm. Otherwise Dibbz or whoever can jump in.
Toxa said:
sorry guys but I'm not sure to take part to the race tomorrow :(

I have a lot of things to do tomorrow; and I not sure if I'll be able get back at home in time.

have to find someone to replace me :(

sorry

Thank you for at least notifying us now rather than just not showing up with no communication lol. Any bit of notice helps.

We will try to get people from your teams to sub first, otherwise if not then different subs will be assigned to fill the grid.

Anyone from Team Fast Windmills Through Chemistry (FWTC) or Deep Speed who wishes to be a substitute for tomorrow's race, please show up at the appropriate race time and be ready to race. If your teammates cannot race, you will be allowed to jump in for them instead.

Schmitty

So which time is correct? The fancy graphic with the races and times states 21:00 GMT but the countdown is for 7:30 GMT.

UFRA

Schmitty said:
So which time is correct? The fancy graphic with the races and times states 21:00 GMT but the countdown is for 7:30 GMT.

Ah ha! I was just testing you guys to see who would notice!

Ok ok...it was still set for the old time. :p Fixed now.

Niks

Public Service Announcement

Since the races are now 12 players only, the remaining 4 slots on the server can be filled by people that are willing to race as substitute drivers. If you are one of them, have your car ready, join the server and go into spectate mode. If for some reason a player(s) can’t race, you will fill in. If you are replacing a member of your team, you will gain both team points and individual points, if you are replacing a member of another team, you will only gain individual points.

Remember, only join the server if you are willing to race, otherwise save us the bandwidth :p

Konosuke

I won't be home at 21h, so good luck to everyone especially to my teammates. Go Team Redline! Will watch vissione's stream later tho.

I just got home from work, anyone from DEEP SPEED want to take the second position or should I run to my ps3 and start practicing? I haven't practiced once for this track, hell I dont even have a car yet so take the spot if you can.

Broseybrose

Can i race today? I used to be on team FWTC but ill race for whatever team needs me. In the Tuscan Speed Six 00.

Well, ill be at practice about an hour before start time.

Angst

Niks said:
Public Service Announcement

Since the races are now 12 players only, the remaining 4 slots on the server can be filled by people that are willing to race as substitute drivers. If you are one of them, have your car ready, join the server and go into spectate mode. If for some reason a player(s) can’t race, you will fill in. If you are replacing a member of your team, you will gain both team points and individual points, if you are replacing a member of another team, you will only gain individual points.

Remember, only join the server if you are willing to race, otherwise save us the bandwidth :p
For the people asking about substitutions. Join the server tonight.

I'm running 1:29s with the TT, I can get that with the C 63 but its a lot less consistent. No idea how you guys are running 1:27s but I'm going to get smoked this race.

ashk

Lion Heart said:
I'm running 1:29s with the TT, I can get that with the C 63 but its a lot less consistent. No idea how you guys are running 1:27s but I'm going to get smoked this race.

Don't be surprised if you see 1:25s ;)

Angst

Awesome race today! No incidents during the first corner / first lap and balanced car meant nobody really ran away with the race.

UFRA

Great job today guys. Everyone really got themselves in shape and did a great job on the race start!

I'd say the car testing has paid off majorly, as we had a 1 second gap between 1st and 2nd, and the top 5 cars were all less than 10 seconds from the leader. This has NEVER happened before in any of our previous races.

Niks

Looks like you guys had fun, thats great.
I think the practice starts were a great idea. Just so that everyone knew what to expect.

Cant wait for the photos.

ashk

Great race everyone. The start went great, those practice starts before qualifying should be made obligatory.

At the start I got overtaken by MM and Toxa, and then I just kept my distance as they fought it out. After getting by both of them I went off the road and ended up at the back, but in return I got one of the most exciting races I've been in. Had a few great battles with various people, and got the win in the last corner :) What more could I want?

Toxa

well I wasn't pretty fast today ...

had a clean battle for the first place with MM until lap 4, we were side by side before the last corner, I decided to concede the last corner (I'm not crazy) I took every necessary precaution but it wasn't enough :( MM was incredibly slow in the last corner (one of the most faster corner in this track)

then my race was fucked (lmao) it was impossible to avoid MM, car damaged :( early pit stop.

had to battle with worn tires (16 laps) in the last part of the race, I managed to grab the third place, it was good and fun .

Good race for the windmills team I'm happy :p

sorry for my behavior when my car was damaged

UFRA

ashk said:
Great race everyone. The start went great, those practice starts before qualifying should be made obligatory.

At the start I got overtaken by MM and Toxa, and then I just kept my distance as they fought it out. After getting by both of them I went off the road and ended up at the back, but in return I got one of the most exciting races I've been in. Had a few great battles with various people, and got the win in the last corner :) What more could I want?

And that's exactly what our goal was. Great to hear that. :)

This was one of the first races in a league I ever had where I was literally constantly pressured by someone behind me, and also trying to overtake someone ahead of me.

I was never by myself just doing laps against the clock.

Any feedback is appreciated guys!

brentech

Working on taking the last few photos. 3 laps left, then I'll export, resize, and upload.
Great race with some amazing comebacks.

Toxa

UFRA said:
And that's exactly what our goal was. Great to hear that. :)

This was one of the first races in a league I ever had where I was literally constantly pressured by someone behind me, and also trying to overtake someone ahead of me.

I was never by myself just doing laps against the clock.

Any feedback is appreciated guys!

indeed this race was more interesting than GVS, all the work in order to make the championship fair for everyone seems to work :)

Kaze13

Great fucking start guys. That was the best one I have seen so far.

Early laps:
Had a great time battling (trying to get past) brentech and his RX8. Good shit. I had a couple of close calls and could have forced the pass and just pushed him out but that wasn't my goal. I was 6th place and the guys in front already had a 4+ seconds lead up front. My immediate concern was brentech's position. Then, I saw a whole group of racers up in front and I went "wtf...problems? Alright then, a win is possible now"

Middle laps:
Got past brentech after his mistake and immediately sought the front four. Got into various battles for position and noticed a couple of guys pit early. In front I had MM, and Sunhi. As they battled, I got closer. MM pressured Sunhi into a mistake and it was only MM in front. That battle was awesome. I got bumped a couple of times in the back after getting in front but they were very minor. I had a blast!

This is when I noticed the massive speed difference (carried) down the kink onto the front straight. Everybody carried so much more speed! Wow. The only time I could put some distance between us is everywhere but the lead up to the front straight! (MM with damaged wheels to boot!)

I pitted in at lap 11 I think.

Late laps:
After I pitted, I had to take back the #1 spot. I knew three things, first, I knew I had 6+ seconds that I built up. Second, lappers are now coming into play. No biggie I thought. Third, Tox was up in front. He's fast but he had one problem. Tire wear! Had a mini battle with him with nabijemte in tow. Good times.

Lap 19
BeHest in play. I compromised my speed and line to get a past him and get into a good drive at the back straight. I knew nabijemte was very close I had to put some distance everywhere I could. I failed. Misjudged exit trajectory and slightly bumped the right wall. Damaged front right wheel. Managed to keep nabijemte held up behind though.

Lap 19/20
nabijemte got in front. I can only go so fast now and even then, my fastest was a good half a second at best from his avg lap time. Then, dun dun dun! I passed him at the end of the back straight! Fuck me silly, that was exciting.

Last Lap
2 possibilities. 1. I win. 2. I lose. I lost in the last corner. I held up nabijemte up to that point. I broke earlier than normal to compensate for my wheel issue. That wasn't enough. I still veered off course, ran up to the hill on the right and nabijemte passed for the win. Good game. I was surprised I was even in front at that point. :thumbup!

Mission accomplished. I had a great effin time and my connection didn't time out during the race. This was very very fun. I loved it. Thanks Tox, your fast ass lap times inspired me to keep improving my own. To top it off, my hands didn't cramp during the race. Usually, the DS3 fucks me up lol.

Thumbs up everyone! I'd like to thank my team for the support. Thanks to Nissan for providing me with an awesome car. Looking forward to Deep Forest.

UFRA

Schmitty said:
You mixed up the Audis. I'm the white one.

And vissione was in that race?! I never saw him.

Fixed! Sorry.

Kaze - Great race highlight. Glad to see you enjoyed it, good to have you aboard, you did great for your first race first team-based race of this league. :)

brentech

WELCOME TO TRIAL MOUNTAIN

RACE BEGINS

A SAFE TURN 1

LARGE PACK ROUNDING UP 1ST LAP

LAP 2 UNDERWAY

MISSED THE CONTEXT, BUT TOX ENDS UP HAVING TO GO THROUGH GRASS

TOX ABLE TO REGAIN CONTROL AND CARRY LEAD

HAS MINOR FRONT SUSPENSION DAMAGE

ASHK TAKES LEAD AND OPENS UP

MID RACE, A LARGE PACK

TEAM REDLINE, TRAVELING TOGETHER

TEAM RAVEN RACING, ALSO, TRAVELING TOGETHER

BACK STRAIGHT, GOING 3 WIDE

EVERYONE MAKES IT AROUND THE SWOOPING TURN SAFE

WEEKEND WARRIOR PITS WHILE IN FIRST

BRENTECH UNFORCED ERROR. SPUN OUT, STAYED PUT

SAW PEOPLE APPROACHING ON MAP

ALLOWED PACK OF 3 TO SAFELY PASS WITHOUT ME MOVING

THE PODIUM NEARING THE END OF THE RACE, KEEPING IT CLOSE

KAZE AND ASHK BREAK AWAY WHILE TOX'S TIRES WEAR THIN

LAP 21 BEGINS

LAP 21, KAZE AND ASHK KEEP JOCKING FOR 1ST

BAD ANGLE FOR KAZE

ASHK TAKES THE LEAD ON FINAL TURN

I was wondering, what have you guys done to stop people from tuning cars to above the specified limit and then limiting it's power? Sorry if its been stated somewhere earlier.

That was a great little race. I only managed to come in 8th but was a mere 24 seconds behind the leader. An extra 1 second/lap and I could have been up there with my team mate, I also didn't so much as rub a wall during the entire race. The start was nerve-wreaking but from what I saw everyone made it through the first lap without damage.

Great recap Brentech.

brentech said:

WEEKEND WARRIOR PITS WHILE IN FIRST

That was an exciting moment for me. first time in all the races from both leagues that I've lead a race. I was tempted to stay out for longer but it was around lap 13 and I knew I had to pit at least once.

UFRA

Great photo recap brentech!! Thanks again as always for doing that.

33-Hit-Combo said:
I was wondering, what have you guys done to stop people from tuning cars to above the specified limit and then limiting it's power? Sorry if its been stated somewhere earlier.

We have no rules against this. However, we test every car for the league and in some cases that includes cars which are over-powered and then limited to 414HP.

Niks

Awesome photos Brentech.

5 cars separated by 8 seconds cars after 20 laps, true testament to how even and competitive the race was. Good job everyone.

Dead Man

Congrats to Ashk on the win, and WW on the good race. Looks like it was a good race for everyone, glad to hear. Thanks for the pics too, brentech, they are great as always.

Top Bottom