• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

UFRA

Lead Farmer said:
When I get a chance to race for team Windmills I would like to race in a Camaro SS, I didn't see it on the list but you guys have the corvette approved. It is probably OK right?

We are working on testing that one for you, and I'll let you know ASAP.

Also, to anyone interested there's a few of us in the lounge. If anyone wants to join for some laps feel free.

Toxa

Kaze13 said:
What is the reasoning towards having 4 racers per team but only 2 can race at the track? I'm asking because we now have Mush signed up for DF. We also have Toxa and I for the remaining spot and now have Lead Farmer interested as well. Is it just because we seem to be more active now?

I can race for another team if it means I can race regularly. I'll just put that out there. The FWTC name is really growing on me though lol.

I don't care you can race at DF ;)

Dead Man

weekend_warrior said:
There's no way the Murcialago will be allowed since it's a bonefide supercar and all the other supercars have been banned, and besides it doesn't fit within the type of cars the league is encouraging.

And do you have a Miura or plan on grinding for one? Because it's 15,000,000 credits.
Of course I have a Miura. You think I would expect people to even think about it if I didn't have one? And supercars like the Ferrari California have been banned? Cool, good to know. I was unsure what type of car the league was trying to encourage besides diversity since the league organiser showed up in one. Is an Aston Martin too much of a supercar?

I thought the Camaro SS was already banned, too.

UFRA

33-Hit-Combo said:
Nice practising with you guys, apologies I couldn't keep up! I need to work on the front end of that R32, a lot.

Glad you could see what it's like. Feel free to join us for more practices.

If you do decide you want to officially join the league, just let us know.

UFRA said:
Glad you could see what it's like. Feel free to join us for more practices.

If you do decide you want to officially join the league, just let us know.

Will definitely jump in some more practices!

Tried another car today (370z) and I could consistently match my R32 times, but it's still nothing on 1:14 from yesterday. There's a real big margin in performance it seems.

ashk said:
Some people can do 1:14s in allowed cars. It may even be possible to see 1:13s by race day.

wat... The best I can do is 1:17.2, consistently too... Really wish the spectator mode allowed me to accurately watching racing lines!

Angst

33-Hit-Combo said:
wat... The best I can do is 1:17.2, consistently too... Really wish the spectator mode allowed me to accurately watching racing lines!
That's why there are several videos in the op further up in this page. Data logger as well :)

Angst said:
That's why there are several videos in the op further up in this page. Data logger as well :)

Ah, thanks, I thought videos were only uploaded after races. I honestly can't see much difference in the way of lines, however the California looks so planted! I've been trying to tune out the understeer on my Z34 without using the use of rear wheel spin.

Toxa

so far my best is 1.14.8 but I do not see how it's possible to perform 1.14.1 or 1.13 without shorcut (with the lancer)

Angst

Toxa said:
you're late :p
Lol. Currently b-speccing to make up for all the money I spent buying cars to test out for the NRL. Thanks for using my b-spec drivers btw toxa, it sure helps in getting my funds back on track. I was down to 3,000 Cr a couple of days ago.

UFRA

UFRA said:
Everyone, please put your league car up for "Share with Friends" temporarily so that we can obtain a thumbnail photo of it for the roster.

Notice the mega post to see the idea we're going for. Please post in the thread when your car is shared so we can minimize the inconvenience for you.

Once your car is shown above you may remove it from sharing.

Thanks!
Reminder

Toxa

I conducted an investigation and that is what I discovered :

when you bought a car more the car is close to 414hp limit (like 380hp) more the car will be easier to drive and faster than car with 280hp tuned

for example

buy a lotus esprit (350hp) tuned to 414hp and buy a sub (280hp) tuned to 414hp, the lotus esprit will be always faster.

yesterday I tried the california and today I tried the BMW M3 07, I saw nab running in 1.14.1 in 3 laps with this car.
with my lancer my best lap was 1.14.8 after 15 lap with god speed.

I tried the BMW M3 07 (390hp) tune to 414 and I was able to run easily in 1.14

Toxa said:
yesterday I tried the california and today I tried the BMW M3 07, I saw nab running in 1.14.1 in 3 laps with this car.
with my lancer my best lap was 1.14.8 after 15 lap with god speed.

I tried the BMW M3 07 (390hp) tune to 414 and I was able to run easily in 1.14

I am so on that M3 tomorrow...

I've just been playing about with the Yellowbird, mid 1:16's... It's just so much fun though.

Schmitty said:
Let's not start a one car league. And to think that was the car I used in the practice round on Autumn Ring

I'm just curious how it performs in my hands because I can barely break the 1:16 barrier in the 370z.

Also I'm not actually racing because I suck too much. Just joining practice :)

Dibbz

Just bought the Acura NSX '91 mainly because of how hard you guys say it is to drive. It' is not my car btw. I'm still deciding :D

Dead Man

Yeah, just tried the M3 '07 myself, 2 seconds quicker than the DB9 around Deep Forest. Oh well. I'm sure I'll have some good races. Gonna try the 2 NSX's next.

Broseybrose

Official post for saturday's race:

Broseybrose - FR4WD - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION ‘99

Car is set to online. Let me know when i can have it back ;)

I didnt get to race last week and i want in this week.

UFRA

Broseybrose said:
Official post for saturday's race:

Broseybrose - FR4WD - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION ‘99

Will set to online sometime tonight.

I didnt get to race last week and i want in this week.

You're signed up, thanks. Good car choice btw. :)

Dead Man

Dibbz said:
Just bought the Acura NSX '91 mainly because of how hard you guys say it is to drive. It' is not my car btw. I'm still deciding :D
Yeah, it's pretty nice, actually. About the same balance as the NSX-R, just a bit less grip, and less acceleration.

Edit: Got the Aston down to a 1:16.9, but mid 17's is the best I can do reliably.

Niks

Ok, since the California is banned here’s the Track Preview videos with an allowed car. It’s a 1.14.935, I’ve done better during the online practices but I was in a hurry:

Cockpit + Data Logger
Replay + Data Logger
Cockpit + Replay
Cockpit
Replay

Also I gotta say I found the “why MM was suddenly faster” comment a bit offensive. What exactly are you basing this on? My previous races with the Z4, probably the worst car in the allowed this, or the underpowered NSX in the SuperGT :p. It’s important that you know that the California during that race wasn’t tuned properly, which is part of the reason why it was actually approved. The transmission was set to 300Kmh, which was giving me times actually slower then other cars. It was a bad overlook on my part and now I’m paying the price (in point penaltys) for it.

And to clarify on why was the California approved so close to the race, so it doesn’t leave anyone else “surprised” or suspicious... At the same time that we were spending all of our free time testing requested cars, I was also seeing all the cars I liked being banned. Then the mistake mentioned above with the California happened and I though I had “finally” gotten a car I liked approved.

Post by our fearless leader.

Angst

33-Hit-Combo said:
Ah, thanks, I thought videos were only uploaded after races. I honestly can't see much difference in the way of lines, however the California looks so planted! I've been trying to tune out the understeer on my Z34 without using the use of rear wheel spin.
And that's why you should buy the extra rear wing and not rely on Nissan's pre-installed shite wing ;)

Toxa

Niks said:
Also I gotta say I found the “why MM was suddenly faster” comment a bit offensive. What exactly are you basing this on? My previous races with the Z4, probably the worst car in the allowed this, or the underpowered NSX in the SuperGT :p. It’s important that you know that the California during that race wasn’t tuned properly, which is part of the reason why it was actually approved. The transmission was set to 300Kmh, which was giving me times actually slower then other cars. It was a bad overlook on my part and now I’m paying the price (in point penaltys) for it.

And to clarify on why was the California approved so close to the race, so it doesn’t leave anyone else “surprised” or suspicious... At the same time that we were spending all of our free time testing requested cars, I was also seeing all the cars I liked being banned. Then the mistake mentioned above with the California happened and I though I had “finally” gotten a car I liked approved.

there's nothing offensive to say you were faster than earlier (practice) we had a lot practice enough to determine which drivers are the fastest for the race.
so I was suprised to see you in second place during the qualify session, that's it.

UFRA

Don't forget, sign-ups for Deep Forest are open!

I will be re-posting the mega post on the next page when we get there.

Also remember to share your car so we can get a picture of it.

Dead Man

Niks said:
Ok, since the California is banned here’s the Track Preview videos with an allowed car. It’s a 1.14.935, I’ve done better during the online practices but I was in a hurry:

Cockpit + Data Logger
Replay + Data Logger
Cockpit + Replay
Cockpit
Replay

I can understand that! :lol

Toxa

about this line :

I was also seeing all the cars I liked being banned. Then the mistake mentioned above with the California happened and I though I had “finally” gotten a car I liked approved.

same for me my favorite cars are either too slow or too fast, I'd like to drive my 430 scuderia.

but I want something fair for everyone so I drive the lancer evo

IMO we should raise the HP limit for the next season

Top Bottom