• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

UFRA

Gran Turismo 5 NeoGAF Racing League - Spec II

From this point forward the NRL will suffer the following changes:
  • Race grid has switched from 16 cars to 12 cars.
  • Number of teams have switched from 8 to 6.
  • The teams have been reshuffled
  • Races will now be every week instead of 2 weeks apart.
  • Races will now be at a fixed time. Currently set to 21:00GMT.
  • Races will now be 30 minutes instead of 20 minutes.
  • Cars must be allowed before accepted.
  • If you don't like any car for the list tell us what you want to use, we'll test it and see if it's allowed.
  • Races will NOT have a parade lap.
  • Qualifying will be 10 minutes.
  • All drivers are required to do at least one mandatory pit stop during the race.
  • League will remain with Heavy Damage.

Updated race schedule:
JyFUn.png

QsaKR.png

NRL Teams
f3rOI.png

Super Metallic Red
SKgcL.png
4EqGS.png
Zm8wT.png
7LV43.png

• UFRA - (Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG ‘08)
  • brentech - (Mazda RX-8 Type S '07)
  • Konosuke - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05)
  • h3ro - (Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02)

JiHfo.png

New Indy Yellow Pearl
RXFMT.png
qA10z.png
jokXE.png
qA10z.png

• SunhiLegend - (Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02)
  • Lion heart - (Audi TTS Coupe '09)
  • Dibbz - (Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 (C5) '04)
  • Firewire - (N/A)

VDF9r.png

Cosmos Blue Metallic
2zDif.png
Knph1.png
pS5u9.png
bivS4.png

• Metalmurphy - (Ferrari California '08)
  • Angst - (BMW M3 Coupe ‘07)
  • Niks - (Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02)
  • gutterboy44 - (Ferrari 512BB '76)

9Tjdu.png

Orange
dmLUg.png
lf3w0.png
SRm9r.png
qA10z.png

• Mush - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07)
  • Toxa - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION ‘99)
  • Kaze13 - (Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08)
  • Lead Farmer - (N/A)

CSXfK.png

Matte Black
juD1n.png
CotUN.png
ma3MT.png
qA10z.png

• weekend_warrior - (BMW 135i Coupe '07)
  • ashk - (BMW M3 Coupe ‘07)
  • Dead Man - (Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06)
  • avaya - (N/A)

qzCNU.png

Brilliant White Pearl (3P)
dXJg2.png
kHgDe.png
qA10z.png
qA10z.png

• Schmitty - (Audi TTS Coupe '09)
  • BroseyBrose - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION ‘99)
  • CozMick - (Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08)
  • vissione - (Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05)

Team Rankings:
3UDxa.jpg

Individual Rankings:
4SbxW.jpg

**********CAR LIST**********

Angst

andylsun said:
Has NRPC been posted for March? I'd like to join in but couldn't find any details in the last 10 pages.
NRPC will be back next month:
"the NRPC is taking a break this month due to my ban, PD changes with the gifting system, and the league restructuring. Should be back next month but obviously, I won’t be able to reward any car that’s worth more then 1,000,000Cr."

andylsun

Angst said:
NRPC will be back next month:
"the NRPC is taking a break this month due to my ban, PD changes with the gifting system, and the league restructuring. Should be back next month but obviously, I won’t be able to reward any car that’s worth more then 1,000,000Cr."

Thanks. I'll be ready for April. Want to start doing something easier before trying the racing league. My free time is a little unpredictable.

UFRA

The Deep Forest sign-up list is updated.

We're at 7/12 for the grid currently.

Still need sign-ups from Deep Speed, FWTC, FR4WD, and MGR.

If I missed anyone's sign-up post I apologize in advance, just post it again to remind me. :p

Also a reminder to please set your cars to "share with friends" if you don't currently have a pic showing up in the team roster. MM will capture the pic as soon as he can. Thanks!

I'd like to participate, if possible, what account do I have to add?

And I think I'd use an S2000, can I use the engine limiter to get it to 414 bhp or do you have to get to the power limit only through changing parts?

Kaze13

Unless Lead Farmer wants DF as his first race for team FWTC then I'll take the spot. If he is racing then I'll be on standby as a substitute. I'll have a chat with Tox as soon as possible and straighten it out asap though. If he is pulling faster lap times with his car then I'll elect him to represent the team at DF instead. My times are not *the* fastest but I know I can pull fast-ish lap times consistently.

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
Unless Lead Farmer wants DF as his first race for team FWTC then I'll take the spot. If he is racing then I'll be on standby as a substitute. I'll have a chat with Tox as soon as possible and straighten it out asap though. If he is pulling faster lap times with his car then I'll elect him to represent the team at DF instead. My times are not *the* fastest but I know I can pull fast-ish lap times consistently.

Sounds good.

Speaking of Lead Farmer - the Camaro SS is not allowed, so you'll have to choose another car please. :)

Dead Man

Had a quick practise with Kaze13 today, he is pretty fast!. I tried his car just now offline and couldn't get close to his best time.

offshore

Just going to pop my nose in this thread for the first time and ask what you guys make of the quality of online? It's been quite jerky for me, even for just European races.

What's it like for you guys? You're racing together from all over the world.

Kaze13

Dead Man said:
Had a quick practise with Kaze13 today, he is pretty fast!. I tried his car just now offline and couldn't get close to his best time.

Keep in mind that my car is tuned to my specs so its performing how I want it to. You should meet the fast lappers lol. Tox being one of em.

Edit: my best lap was a flat 1:15

CozMick

Banned
offshore said:
Just going to pop my nose in this thread for the first time and ask what you guys make of the quality of online? It's been quite jerky for me, even for just European races.

I saw absolutely no latency during the 16 player race we had a few weeks back.

This was with Brits, Americans, Germans(?), Australians.

Server ran like a dream tbh, wasn't sure who the host was.

Angst

offshore said:

Depends on what you mean when you talk about quality.

Racing quality is awesome. :D

It's pretty much lag free as well. It might have something to do with the fact that we're always using a private lounge. Occasionally the guys from Australia or NZ can be a bit laggy though.

brentech

gutterboy44 said:
What the shit. I shared my car online the other night and it isn't showing in my profile. I will check it out later tonight.
In game or online? Usually any updates to info that I view online requires me to click into someone doses profile, than back to my own before it shows changes.
Sometimes I have to do that multiple times.

CozMick

Banned
Angst, I don't see my car in Team FR4WD, did we get a change or something, I just assumed people were using the same cars unless they were banned.

Anyway here it is,
1.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z34 ('08)

I'm available to race on Saturday.

Angst

CozMick said:
Angst, I don't see my car in Team FR4WD, did we get a change or something, I just assumed people were using the same cars unless they were banned.

Anyway here it is, http://lh5.ggpht.com/_6Gu-uEk_1r8/TUYaRFSu-8I/AAAAAAAAAEM/LNtZ_ti8ymI/1.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z34 ('08)

I'm available to race on Saturday.
Everybody where allowed to change cars, but you only had to change your car if it was banned. As we can't know who wanted to keep their old car everybody has to say what car they will be using on Saturday. UFRA will update the post when he's online.

Have you shared your car btw?

Angst

Players Participating in Round 4 (11/12):
Team Redline - h3ro - Pending
Team Redline - Konosuke - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
Metal Gear Racing - Niks - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02
Metal Gear Racing - Metalmurphy - pending
Team FR4WD - BroseyBrose - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION ‘99
Team FR4WD - CozMick
Team FWTC - Mush - Pending
Team FWTC - Lead Farmer - Pending
Raven Racing Int. - ashk - BMW M3 Coupe '07
Raven Racing Int. - Dead man - Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Deep Speed - Dibbz - Pending
Deep Speed -

Who will be racing for Deep Speed??

Dibbz

MM is on my case. Sending me messages on PSN making me feel bad :(

I'll race this Saturday for Deep Speed, I should have a car by tonight hopefully so I'll let you know what's up with that.

brentech

Dibbz said:
MM is on my case. Sending me messages on PSN making me feel bad :(

I'll race this Saturday for Deep Speed, I should have a car by tonight hopefully so I'll let you know what's up with that.
He doesn't have a car, don't worry. lol

Angst

Angst said:
Players Participating in Round 4 (11/12):
Team Redline - h3ro - Pending
Team Redline - Konosuke - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
Metal Gear Racing - Niks - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02
Metal Gear Racing - Metalmurphy - pending
Team FR4WD - BroseyBrose - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION ‘99
Team FR4WD - CozMick
Team FWTC - Mush - Pending
Team FWTC - Lead Farmer - Pending
Raven Racing Int. - ashk - BMW M3 Coupe '07
Raven Racing Int. - Dead man - Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Deep Speed - Dibbz - Pending
Deep Speed -

Who will be racing for Deep Speed??
Only one spot left!

Kaze13 - please join the lounge on Saturday in case of need for substitutes.

Kaze13

Got some new Ohlins bits in my Z34 and it feels much better. Got it dialed in real well at DF and got my avg lap time down to around 1:16. Feels good but I think I can make it better.

Best before Ohlins: 1:15.002
Best after awesomesauce bits: 1:14.5

That was a perfect lap though and hard to replicate. I was gunning for nabi's best time of 1:13.78x. That time is just woah.

Broseybrose

Kaze13 said:
Got some new Ohlins bits in my Z34 and it feels much better. Got it dialed in real well at DF and got my avg lap time down to around 1:16. Feels good but I think I can make it better.

Best before Ohlins: 1:15.002
Best after awesomesauce bits: 1:14.5

That was a perfect lap though and hard to replicate. I was gunning for nabi's best time of 1:13.78x. That time is just woah.
I'm sorry but what are Ohlins bits?

Dead Man

Mush said:
Sorry if I missed it, but what's the ruling on turn 4 and cutting across the run-off area?
I didn't see it either, I hope it's okay, just because that is the way my lazy arse has raced the track since GT1. But if not I'll try my best to make sure I stay on the right side of it.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
MM said he wants people to keep 2 wheels on the road, just like the corner at trial mountain.

Oops, yeah, we kinda got distracted testing some cars and practicing throughout the week and forgot to release a nice visual aid for this one.

Kaze13

UFRA said:
Oops, yeah, we kinda got distracted testing some cars and practicing throughout the week and forgot to release a nice visual aid for this one.

That is still technically a road. In this case it's the same as the one at Trial mountain except you are met with a wall if you get off the tarmac.

edit: I can't take that shortcut anymore. It is actually the slower path for me. I use a different line to get through that section quite a bit quicker (for me)

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
That is still technically a road. In this case it's the same as the one at Trial mountain except you are met with a wall if you get off the tarmac.

edit: I can't take that shortcut anymore. It is actually the slower path for me. I use a different line to get through that section quite a bit quicker (for me)

Ok Kaze, if you want to get technical, then you're gonna get a technical answer! :p

MsIbk.png

(The area referred to as the "non-road" would be the bright white area on the left side, where the left tires of the red car are contacting)

Kaze13

UFRA said:
Ok Kaze, if you want to get technical, then you're gonna get a technical answer! :p

http://i.imgur.com/MsIbk.png[IMG]
(The area referred to as the "non-road" would be the bright white area on the left side, where the two left tires of the red car are contacting)[/QUOTE]

Can't see shit Captain! LOL. But, I get it. To me, that is the faster line anyway. I find myself really unstable if I take the shortcut. What's the take on the next turn? That too has the same issue.

edit: I thought that my Z33 owned this track until my latest suspension tune on the Z34. Feels sooo much better now.

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
Can't see shit Captain! LOL. But, I get it. To me, that is the faster line anyway. I find myself really unstable if I take the shortcut. What's the take on the next turn? That too has the same issue.

edit: I thought that my Z33 owned this track until my latest suspension tune on the Z34. Feels sooo much better now.

I'm not sure which corner you're referring to there. I think for the most part the corner pictured above is the only one where you can safely cut it and gain an unfair advantage. Any other cuts on this track will put you in the grass and risk some kind of crash.

Niks

Also please remember the two main passing areas are both the main straight and the back straight. All other areas are risky to go for a pass.

lCOd5.png

Dead Man

weekend_warrior said:
MM said he wants people to keep 2 wheels on the road, just like the corner at trial mountain.
So just to clarify, that mean two wheels on the rumble strip and no further? Or 2 wheels on the sealed road and no further?

UFRA

Dead Man said:
So just to clarify, that mean two wheels on the rumble strip and no further? Or 2 wheels on the sealed road and no further?

It won't be the end of the world if your right side wheels are on the rumble strip (the red/white striped part only), but for the sake of keeping things simple try to always have contact with the road as far as your right side wheels go.

The main thing is that this shortcut isn't nearly as serious compared to the Trial Mountain cut. That said, it doesn't mean we would just allow anything (since you could still certainly unfairly overtake someone with this cut), but try to not do anything worse than what my crappy red car is doing up above lol.

Dead Man

UFRA said:
It won't be the end of the world if your right side wheels are on the rumble strip (the red/white striped part only), but for the sake of keeping things simple try to always have contact with the road as far as your right side wheels go.

The main thing is that this shortcut isn't nearly as serious compared to the Trial Mountain cut. That said, it doesn't mean we would just allow anything (since you could still certainly unfairly overtake someone with this cut), but try to not do anything worse than what my crappy red car is doing up above lol.
Cool, shall do.

Top Bottom