• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Kaze13 said:
Ok, I just watched my replay. No corner cutting. I did run slightly wide several times and bumped a couple of people on the inside. What may have been seen as a T1 going wide advantage was when I missed the failed pit entry and miscalculated T1 because of frustration. I'll tell you that I didn't get any advantage out of that botched turn at all lol. There was a time where my outside two wheel were on the red curbing. I wanted to shut the door (with authority) on WW and it resulted in a spirited and aggressive cut on that corner. Maybe I'll capture the whole battle on vid cause it was quite exciting to rewatch.

Gotta apologize to JM761. I hit you on the inside a few times trying to force a pass on the inside. I thought maybe you knew I would be there but obviously not and it was my fault.

Please do, I'd love to watch that.

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
Gotta apologize to JM761. I hit you on the inside a few times trying to force a pass on the inside. I thought maybe you knew I would be there (a few of those times) but obviously not and it was my fault.

Apology not accepted. :mad:
Because I don't think I needed to hear one. :p

If there were any bumps it may have just been lag in the replay (IMO the replays sometimes show 'awkward' car movements when translating lag). Honestly I don't recall you hitting me at all, and if you did, it would have been so insignificant I wouldn't have cared. So really, no worries at all Kaze. :)

Kaze13

weekend_warrior said:
Please do, I'd love to watch that.

I'll be uploading 3 vids. The last one is the battle.

UFRA said:
Apology not accepted. :mad:
Because I don't think I needed to hear one. :p

If there were any bumps it may have just been lag in the replay (IMO the replays sometimes show 'awkward' car movements when translating lag). Honestly I don't recall you hitting me at all, and if you did, it would have been so insignificant I wouldn't have cared. So really, no worries at all Kaze. :)

Cool. Well, even those little bumps are not cool when I do it so I take it harder when I do it multiple times. Honestly, non of em were even enough to do damage even in full damage but it still throws the other guy off line.

Im uploading 3 vids. All captured Amatuer style with my handy not dandy phone camera. Shaky cam FTL! lol.

Here is vid #1: Failed Pit entry and botched T1.

Vid #2: Short battle with JM761/UFRA <- was just a test vid. Uploaded it anyway lol

Vid #3 Epic Battle with WW

brentech

lol @ the pit entry. I'm sure you would have noticed the slight deviation if he wasn't RIGHT in front of you, but at least you didn't smash the wall.

Broseybrose

Schmitty said:
What a disaster that race and Team FR4WD is in. Hopefully I can race next time and get us some points
Yes hopefully you can. We two are the only members left of that team.

Vissione has issues with the league and will not race. CozMick DC'ed on Deep Forest and hasnt been seen in the GT5NRL since.

Angst

WVMTy.png

Round 6 - Nurburgring GP/F
Y3Fqy.png
Length: 3.20mi/5148 m Longest Straight: 0.39mi/620 m Elevation Change: 186.0ft/56,7 m Corners: 17​
Race lap preview video:
COMING SOON!

Race starts in:
t1302379200z0.png
How to join:
Just post in this thread that you want to join the race and what car you'll be using so you can be added to the list. Priority will be given to members with the lowest Individual Points. Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list if you haven't done it yet, and on race day join the private lounge a couple of minutes before the race time.​
Substitute Drivers:
If you are not registered for this race, but would still like to race, you are free to join the server as long as it doesn't fill up, if for some reason a registered player isn't available you might fill in for him. But you MUST follow these guidelines while on the server.
  • DO NOT enter the track unless asked to do so by the race organizer.
  • You will be given priority to replace someone from your own team.
  • No one guarantees you will actually race.
  • If the person you are replacing arrives during practice or qualifying you MUST leave the track for him to join.
  • If the server is full and a registered players are missing you will be asked to leave the server.

Player conduct while on the server:
  • When the race organizer wants to start the event, please keep chatter to a minimum.
  • Qualifying will start 10 minutes after race time. Use the time to warm up.
  • All members registered on the race must join the track. Substitute players will only join the track when asked to do so by the race organizer.
  • Before qualifying starts we will do a synch check, followed by a 1 lap race. (to reset times)
  • Qualifying will start immediately after the 1 lap race and the full race set to start after 10 minutes.
  • All the players that were in the previous 1 lap race must join the track right after it ends and start posting their times.
  • During qualifying DO NOT quit to the lounge.
  • Please be extra careful during the first corner, and the first lap in general.
  • You must do at least 1 mandatory pit stop during the race.

Players Participating in Round 6 (0/12):
  • Team Redline - Konosuke - Lancer Evolution IX GSR
  • Team Redline -
  • Team Metal Gear Racing -
  • Team Metal Gear Racing -
  • Team FR4WD - Schmitty - Audi TTS Coupe
  • Team FR4WD - RankoSD - No Car Decided
  • Team FWTC -
  • Team FWTC -
  • Raven Racing Int. ashk - BMW M3 Coupe '07
  • Raven Racing Int. - Risk Breaker - No Car Decided
  • Deep Speed - Dibbz - Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
  • Deep Speed -

Kaze13

brentech said:
lol @ the pit entry. I'm sure you would have noticed the slight deviation if he wasn't RIGHT in front of you, but at least you didn't smash the wall.

I would have but I was thinking, "Every 1/10's of second counts" and was planning on slowing down. Mental note, practice at least one pit entry before a race...lol.

Angst said:
"Breast_Cancer is now online" - you need friends with more taste. :p

Your pit entry was hilarious though. :)

He's a fellow rider. He's a bit...out there lol.

That pit entry was nuts eh? My race would have been terrible after that.

I love the Nurb GP track! My new favorite real world track. Since there is a preference towards teammates with low participation/scores, I will be standing by as a reserve just in case. Also, where has Toxa been? I was the only FWTC member and our team score just took a major hit. We are in position for a 2nd place! C'mon lets do it!

Angst

brentech said:
Sob, that's one track I didn't want to miss =(
do us proud team redline!
Same here, I love the track! And I will be travelling on Saturday so I won't be able to participate either. :(

I just wanted to say that I could be a sub for any team without available drivers, but... how does that work exactly? Can I use my own personal car (like an S2000) or does it have to be the car the designated driver was going to use?

ashk

I did 5 laps of the GP/F today and it was much more fun to drive than Fuji. Fuji's too wide of a track IMO, this one's nice and tight. It's also easier to see if you're going fast or not. Wouldn't wanna miss it.

ashk - Raven Racing Int. - BMW M3 Coupe '07

brentech

Anyone know when exactly MM is back? Feel bad that so much of the season has gone on and he can't even communicate with the league?
Has to run it via underground railroad...

Kaze13

weekend_warrior said:
Like always- Ashk and Dead Man for RRI, and I'll be available as a sub if/when Dead Man thinks of another reason he can't make it. :p

You saw the uploaded video of our battle right?

ashk

I'll be in the lounge tonight at about the usual race start time. Hopefully some of you will join me and we'll get some racing going :)

RankoSD

I would like to join the race, G25 user here, I'm clean driver so no worries there...

RankoSD - FR4WD - will decide after some tests

ashk, can I join your lounge later for some laps?

Angst

Risk Breaker said:
I just wanted to say that I could be a sub for any team without available drivers, but... how does that work exactly? Can I use my own personal car (like an S2000) or does it have to be the car the designated driver was going to use?

RankoSD said:
I would like to join the race, G25 user here, I'm clean driver so no worries there...

RankoSD - FR4WD - will decide after some tests

ashk, can I join your lounge later for some laps?
None of you guys are in a team, but as some people have dropped out there are open spots.

I suggest RankoSD join FR4WD as you've already decided you want to be in that team.

Risk Breaker you could join Raven Racing or . It's better to join a team than just race as a sub.

Both of you (if you choose to join the league) have to find a car in the car list that you want to use (red cars are banned and obviously you can't pick one of them). Then paint it in your team's colors. (RRI - matte black, FR4WD - white).

Also add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list. All races will be held in this lounge and same thing goes for practice sessions, i.e. when ashk says he'll be practice in the lounge he will be in this lounge and not his private lounge.

Angst said:
None of you guys are in a team, but as some people have dropped out there are open spots.

I suggest RankoSD join FR4WD as you've already decided you want to be in that team.

Risk Breaker you could join Raven Racing or . It's better to join a team than just race as a sub.

Both of you (if you choose to join the league) have to find a car in the car list that you want to use (red cars are banned and obviously you can't pick one of them). Then paint it in your team's colors. (RRI - matte black, FR4WD - white).

Also add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list. All races will be held in this lounge and same thing goes for practice sessions, i.e. when ashk says he'll be practice in the lounge he will be in this lounge and not his private lounge.

Yeah, that could be the best solution... I wasn't really sure if there were open spots :p I have 3 matte black chips so I could join Raven Racing, won't be using an AWD car and I like the colour. I would need some time to test my cars and choose one, I'm not sure if the S2000 would be competitive.

My only question/problem is... it this really compatible with the SuperGT league? Aren't races a lot of times done at the same hour? The races are usually late enough in here... ._.

Angst

Risk Breaker said:
Yeah, that could be the best solution... I wasn't really sure if there were open spots :p I have 3 matte black chips so I could join Raven Racing, won't be using an AWD car and I like the colour. I would need some time to test my cars and choose one, I'm not sure if the S2000 would be competitive.

My only question/problem is... it this really compatible with the SuperGT league? Aren't races a lot of times done at the same hour? The races are usually late enough in here... ._.
There are lots of people that race in both leagues. Keep in mind that you will only race in the SuperGT league every second week (or if you prefer, two weeks on and two weeks off) and it's the same thing in this league. There are only a few races left in this season of the NRL and if there is any issue with the timings we will try to sort it out.

Angst said:
There are lots of people that race in both leagues. Keep in mind that you will only race in the SuperGT league every second week (or if you prefer, two weeks on and two weeks off) and it's the same thing in this league. There are only a few races left in this season of the NRL and if there is any issue with the timings we will try to sort it out.

Okay then, I'll join the league and the team :) Oh, and this race, because the next race is the one that will give me problems. I'll probably be in Madrid (500km from here) due to an Epic Games/Gears 3 event so if I race it'd be with my DS3 and I could wreck everyone :p

I'll be terribly sorry if I have to miss any race in any league but everyone can be sure that I don't want to do that and I (and brentech) can probably make it work most of the times. At least until summer.

So, yeah, I'm up for some racing this saturday, sign me up please.

Risk Breaker - Raven Racing - Car to be decided.

Thank you for your patience Angst, you're very helpful man.

Kaze13

Can we vote for tracks for next year? I'd love a round to be held at Eiger. Also, we should include Dirt/snow and gokart special stages as well. Oh oh, how about rally portions and make the whole thing a grand tour!....I wish GT would include tournament options online...sigh...

Risk Breaker said:
Wow the 8C is awesome... Used to hate that car lol

The DB9 is even faster... I'm torn :( Nobody is using the 8C, am I right?

Nope, no one is using it. Looks like it was only tested by one person though, so it might still need to be approved, but with only the one race left I doubt it.

Broseybrose

Just wanted to let the league know that ill be there Saturday for team FR4WD just in case we dont have enough members, like last week. Schmitty wants to race, and i saw someone just join the team, so we'll see what happens.

weekend_warrior said:
Nope, no one is using it. Looks like it was only tested by one person though, so it might still need to be approved, but with only the one race left I doubt it.

Nah I don't think it's bannable, at least I got "only" around one second faster around a 2 minute lap on Nurb than with the DB9 which shouldn't be one of the fastest cars. And even if I win or something and it turns out it's pronounced banned afterwards I don't mind losing my points, I just want to have fun.

So it looks like I'll be using the 8C after all. It's a little wilder than the DB9 but goes easier on the tyres. I'll grab the thumbnail later and post it here.

ashk

Risk Breaker said:
Nah I don't think it's bannable, at least I got "only" around one second faster around a 2 minute lap on Nurb than with the DB9 which shouldn't be one of the fastest cars. And even if I win or something and it turns out it's pronounced banned afterwards I don't mind losing my points, I just want to have fun.

So it looks like I'll be using the 8C after all. It's a little wilder than the DB9 but goes easier on the tyres. I'll grab the thumbnail later and post it here.

If your best time with the 8C is slower than ~2:02.5 I think it should be okay to drive. If it's faster than that you better ask some of the testers to check it out and pass a sentence.

Yeah, it's slower... In a 7 laps test (after a lot of individual laps) my fastest was 2:03.5, now that I check I did 2:03.9 with the DB9 so it's pretty close.

When I started testing I could only do 2:05 with it and the other cars I tried, while I got to 2:03.high easily with the DB9, but the 8C driving style just clicked on me after that :D

brentech

So while being bummed that I no longer had a capture card, I realized I do have a FlipCam which has a standard tripod mount slot. So I snapped it on and decided to see how well it could record.

It actually came out really well, imo, but the Flips major drawback is the sound quality. Constant low level hiss. Anyways, I just tossed up a replay from a Fuji practice session and recorded it.

The bottom corners also seem a bit dark, but other than that, I think it seemed to do the job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5JKRKcUYw

UFRA

ATTENTION: Team Redline

Sorry but I can NOT participate in the race this weekend. Although I'm off from work, it's my cousin's wedding so I'll be gone all day. :)

I think brentech is unavailable too, so that leaves Konosuke or h3ro to report to the race!

brentech said:
So while being bummed that I no longer had a capture card, I realized I do have a FlipCam which has a standard tripod mount slot. So I snapped it on and decided to see how well it could record.

Well that came out pretty good I'd say. That reminds me that I have to fix my camera which has a broken battery lid... That or get a new computer that doesn't die on me when I try to use my capture card.

I'm really looking forward to test my new ride on the track against the others, specially after seeing that RX8 rocket! It's a shame you and UFRA can't race this one.

ashk

Some practice tonight at the usual time? I haven't done any racing on this track with this car yet, I've always been alone in the lounge :( It would be nice to get a few races done to know what to expect, and maybe avoid a first corner pile-up :p

brentech

Yeah, unavailable. I'm heading out for a 6 hour drive in just a bit. We're visiting a friend in DC for the weekend.

I did find out that I'm available next weekend though. So that's good news particularly for the Super GT event. Think it's just a special event here though.

brentech

As it turns out, my wife got sick this morning and we have some predicted bad weather passing through this weekend. So we canceled our drive to DC. Not totally sure I can make it, but there is at last a small chance that I can compete for Team Redline if we don't fill out.

brentech

Konosuke said:
Reporting for Duty! I hope your wife gets well soon.

Team Redline - Konosuke - Lancer Evolution IX GSR
She's already fine. She woke up with a sinus headache and was hot, which caused it. =\

I don't know exactly what we'll end up doing tomorrow, but if I'm available, I'll show up in the lounge to race for us as well.

Angst

33-Hit-Combo said:
I may register for the race tomorrow, however if I do it'll be last minute, would that cause complications?
No worries, just post here and join the lounge. Have you added the lounge account btw?

Angst said:
No worries, just post here and join the lounge. Have you added the lounge account btw?

Yep. I've been apart from GT5 for about 2 weeks now, will be reunited about 2 (if I'm lucky) hours before the whole event begins, so I'll see how I do before committing to anything :)

Kaze13

Team FWTC doesn't have any registered drivers?! Cmon! Sign me up in the meantime then. Team FWTC - Kaze13 - Nissan Z34.

Toxa where you at?! We need some points. We have a shot a 2nd place!

h3ro

Hey Bren, as I messaged Konosuke on PSN, I'm on call tomorrow and as long as I'm not called in, I should be able to race tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a quiet day/night.

Top Bottom