• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA IV PS3 Worldwide PSN ID Thread

ZeroEdge

needlesmcgirk said:
I still haven't even been able to get online at all with GTAIV. Alsways gives me the connection problem try again later message. Totally weak.

I actually got on yesterday at fucking 3:30am (couldn't sleep so decided to play thought what the hell lets see if MP is working) , played with some random people it was actually pretty fun, and stable for me. Try again today and get the same damn cannot connect to game provider error msg again...sigh.

Teknoman said:
You guys seriously need some headsets.
Yea, that's the main reason that I'm debating trading my copy for the 360 one. I haven't heard one person use their headset yet- if they even have one to begin with.

icechai

yayyy i picked it up today!! Be seeing some of you online already as my buddylist is lined up with GTA4 players, but if you haven't met me yet (from Warhawk), hiiii! Add me! :) -- icechai/icechai/EST

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Just trying out multi now. Stack loads of fun.

Going to add everyone in the local area (ie Australia) and see how we go.

Teknoman

UncleGuito said:
I still can't join rooms that I'm invited to, sorry Teknoman...

Well we finally got into one. That team DM seemed to go on forever...did green team use auto aim, or just really powerful guns?

EDIT: Some of the game types are really fun, but would be better if people played correctly most of the time/ communicated. Especially the Team games.

Steroyd

The thread title should be changed to be a meetup thread.

Would love to have something setup today from 9PM GMT.

Safe Bet

Banned
Steroyd said:
The thread title should be changed to be a meetup thread.
Looking for people to play some Cop & Crooks or Team Deathmatch with.

PSNid: Safe_Bet

Posted: 3:00 PM CST (? 9:00 PM GMT ?)

If anyone's looking for more players, please send an invite my way...

I should be available to play just about anytime today.

Teknoman

Safe Bet said:

I'll be online later today. Im CST as well.

Safe Bet

Banned
Teknoman said:
I'll be online later today. Im CST as well.
Sorry if I missed you yesterday.

Unexpected company came over then afterwards I fell asleep early.

I should be on and off all day today.

If anyone finds a decent server (good host, mics, etc.), send me an invite please.

Safe Bet

Banned
Facism said:
i still haven't played on a full server yet :/
I've managed to play on a full server once, once.

:(

I know multiplayer isn't the focus of the GTA series but I hope we see a patch to the online interface soon.

Safe Bet said:

I got your add invite yesterday. Game seems to be working online today. If you see me on, hit me with an invite anytime. I really want to play multiplayer today cause I have not had the chance to do so.

Safe Bet

Banned
Played a few games of Turf War today with Mr_Buttersworth.

I'm starting to like that mode.

Still getting use to the gameplay overall, which seems to be exactly what everyone else is doing at this point.

I completely ignored the Body Armor and Health drops for far too long.

*blush*

They help enormously...

Not sure how I feel about the radar and auto-aim yet.

I usually hate radar in shooters (CoD, Halo, Etc) but knowing exactly where your enemy is seems to create some interesting encounters.

MiamiWesker said:
I really want to play multiplayer today cause I have not had the chance to do so.
I should be back on in a few.

:)

PS

If anyone becomes annoyed by receiving game invites from me, I apologize.

I spam my Friend List whenever it seems like I've found a decent server.

I will be going on now, I am open to invites, hit me up at any time. If I take long to respond its cause I am in the middle of a mission, other than that I will pop in as fast as possible.

Facism

Safe Bet said:
I've managed to play on a full server once, once.

:(

I know multiplayer isn't the focus of the GTA series but I hope we see a patch to the online interface soon.

i know we're different timezones and all but add me to your friendlist, bud. I'm away from the PS3 atm. I don't sleep so well these days so it'd be good to have some people online when i'm fixing for some mp.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have been unable to update the list lately but I promise I will get to it soon.

Anyone interested in getting a crew of 8-16 together that meets on a specific night to play this?

Remy, Sonycowboy, SafeBet (I tried accepting your PSN invite but it said the Friend request was cancelled) etc. Let's try and get a night(s) set up where we all meet.

Safe Bet

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Remy, Sonycowboy, SafeBet (I tried accepting your PSN invite but it said the Friend request was cancelled) etc. Let's try and get a night(s) set up where we all meet.
I'll resend.

I'd love be a part of any online meetups.

PS

Sorry I haven't been online or accepting invites.

The single player portion of the game has completely consumed me.

Teknoman

We've really got to get some GAF GTAIV with headsets games going. MGO was that much more fun with a team full of people with headsets for coordination/fun.

Teknoman said:
We've really got to get some GAF GTAIV with headsets games going. MGO was that much more fun with a team full of people with headsets for coordination/fun.
Well I'm down to play pretty much anytime, and I've got a headset. Add me to your friends list.

Teknoman

Snidely Whiplash said:
Well I'm down to play pretty much anytime, and I've got a headset. Add me to your friends list.

Gotcha. I'll try to either start some games or get someone else to start some this Friday evening/night.

Shearie

Gonna set up some MP games at various times today. I have a mic so add me if you want me to whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

Steroyd

Shearie said:
Gonna set up some MP games at various times today. I have a mic so add me if you want me to whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

We should have a set time so we can get optimum players together.

9PM BST (GMT +1) seems to be right for balance with the GMT/EST divide.

Top Bottom