• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Wolfe

Yeah I'm sure some made out like kings, people were reporting being able to get 800k+ each time they swapped to a secondary character, crazy stuff.

Seeing lots of lag with NPC vehicles when I'm in the vicinity of other players now, like cars just spawning right in front of me and whatnot. Guessing it's just a side effect of that hotfix, still weird seeing.

Mastah

I "only" got 8 million more in the bank, up to 11, but also have 2 X80 Proto bonds plus I've bought the most expensive yacht, all available clothing, RE-7B, 811, Sabre Turbo Custom, Contender, Gang Burrito (so all remaining quickest cars in their respective classes) and shit ton of Pegasus vehicles, because why not have 3 or 4 buses.

In hindsight I would kill it till the end and then buy things, amassing even more cash, but I've played it safe.

UncleMeat

Nooby question for you guys: what's the best super car in the game now? Is it still the zentorno or should I buy something else?

Wolfe

Nooby question for you guys: what's the best super car in the game now? Is it still the zentorno or should I buy something else?

The latest 3 supers seem to be the new top 3 with the RE-7B as the king due to a bug that allows it to accelerate beyond the games current max speed for cars online.

The Zen is still competitive, but all things equal the 3 new ones will beat it.

Kuldar

What the fucking fuck is this warehouse attack?!

My first one just happened after I was droped from a race. By the time I arrived (because I was at the other side of the city) to defend my warehouse half of the crates were robbed. I lost half of a nearly full big warehouse. I fucking lost hours and hours of play because this dumb thing don't wait for you to be there... I'm so pissed... This warehouse attack is so much bullshit...

What the fucking fuck is this warehouse attack?!

My first one just happened after I was droped from a race. By the time I arrived (because I was at the other side of the city) to defend my warehouse half of the crates were robbed. I lost half of a nearly full big warehouse. I fucking lost hours and hours of play because this dumb thing don't wait for you to be there... I'm so pissed... This warehouse attack is so much bullshit...
It happens when you leave a large number of crates stagnant in a warehouse over an extended period of time apparently, going by what the game tells you when you start the SecuroServ stuff. I agree, it's a shithouse mechanic. I try to do my warehouse filling and selling in the shortest time possible to try and avoid it.

So my friends and I steal this guy's cargo and we are tasked to take it to a destination. Once he realized his crew wasn't going to be able to get their cargo back, he quits and then the whole mission cancels? What kind of shit is that?
"If I can't have it, nobody can" is shit design. I've got perfectly good cargo. Let me have it.

So my friends and I steal this guy's cargo and we are tasked to take it to a destination. Once he realized his crew wasn't going to be able to get their cargo back, he quits and then the whole mission cancels? What kind of shit is that?
"If I can't have it, nobody can" is shit design. I've got perfectly good cargo. Let me have it.
You can't steal another CEO's SecuroServ "Special Cargo" (the crates), only destroy it. I suspect it was a Hostile Takeover VIP Mission you're thinking about, and those have a strict time limit. If you don't deliver the suitcase within the time limit then the mission ends and nobody gets paid.

What's the best/fastest way to gain money while playing online solo? I've Googled it, but all the results are pretty old. Any fresh strategies?

I just started with a crew of friends, but they are only on later at night, and I have a bunch of time to kill by myself during the day.

What's the best/fastest way to gain money while playing online solo? I've Googled it, but all the results are pretty old. Any fresh strategies?

I just started with a crew of friends, but they are only on later at night, and I have a bunch of time to kill by myself during the day.

Get your first million. Start an invite only session and register as a VIP. Rotate Sight Seer and Headhunter. You shouldn't have to wait longer than an occasional 5 minute cool down. You will probably pull in roughly 100k an hour, depending on how quickly you can complete the missions.

Wolfe

If you can become a CEO the vip work pays well, main drawback being that you need to become a CEO which costs a million up front I believe.

Other than that I would guess contact missions would be your best bet.

Finally finished filling my medium warehouse for the second time and had another super easy sell off with a delivery point only a mile away and only minor resistance on the first delivery, possibly the first time I've liked having the Gee warehouse in El Burro Heights. Brought me back up over 7M and should be getting the 500K daily objective bonuses on both my characters again Thursday.

UncleMeat

Get your first million. Start an invite only session and register as a VIP. Rotate Sight Seer and Headhunter. You shouldn't have to wait longer than an occasional 5 minute cool down. You will probably pull in roughly 100k an hour, depending on how quickly you can complete the missions.

I'm quoting ExitPlanetDust but asking anyone; can you do these missions as a CEO in an invite only session? I know you have to to be in a public session for the cargo/warehouse stuff.

Basically I just made my first million and I'm wondering if I should become a CEO since I don't have enough money to buy a warehouse yet. Can you still make money as a CEO without owning a warehouse?

Thanks in advance.

Wolfe

I'm quoting ExitPlanetDust but asking anyone; can you do these missions as a CEO in an invite only session? I know you have to to be in a public session for the cargo/warehouse stuff.

Basically I just made my first million and I'm wondering if I should become a CEO since I don't have enough money to buy a warehouse yet. Can you still make money as a CEO without owning a warehouse?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah the crate buying/selling is restricted to public sessions but VIP work can be done in private sessions, some of it solo (some requires multiple people).

Headhunter and Sightseer being the two most common to run solo. Headhunter has you kill 4 VIP targets, each rolling around the city (or stationary at a specific location) in an armored vehicle with 3-4 armored guards.

Sightseer has you locate 3 packages and retrieve them, the locations being random around the map. You find each location in order by using an app on the in game cell which will have you play one of 3 hacking games to access the location.

Both net you 21-25k in my experience (the number fluctuates, not sure why.)

There are a few other VIP works you can do solo/private but I don't do them as often so I can't recall what you do for them specifically.

Edit: no warehouse necessary for VIP work.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Both net you 21-25k in my experience (the number fluctuates, not sure why.)

Like the contact missions, the amount of money you receive for VIP work is based on how long you take to complete it. The longer you take, the more you get (with a hard cap of 25K).

Wolfe

Owning a Buzzard is obviously essential for VIP work like Sightseer.

Honestly I'd say it's the other way around in that the Buzzard is essential for Headhunter and not Sightseer, but that's just me lol.

I find headhunter without a buzzard to be way more of a hassle in that the cars and security guards are all heavily armored, I mean out in the open each guard takes two missiles to kill. I find it easier to just fly up in a buzzard and snipe the targets with missile while out of the range of their guns.

Now don't get me wrong sightseer is a huge pain without a buzzard, as the first package can sometimes spawn on the complete other side of the map, but it's still doable in a fast car but obviously takes a bit more time.

I still fully recommend doing both in a buzzard, but personally while I use it for headhunter 100% of the time, for sightseer I also my cars depending on the first packages location.

Like the contact missions, the amount of money you receive for VIP work is based on how long you take to complete it. The longer you take, the more you get (with a hard cap of 25K).

It's definitely not the exact same way as contact missions though, in that the payout has always been 21-25k for me regardless of how long it took me. I mean I've finished each of those missions in less than a third of the time available and still gotten at least 21k.

Granted I figured there was something going on to cause the payout to fluctuate like that but contact mission payouts can vary to a much higher degree.

snacknuts

we all knew her
It's definitely not the exact same way as contact missions though, in that the payout has always been 21-25k for me regardless of how long it took me. I mean I've finished each of those missions in less than a third of the time available and still gotten at least 21k.

Granted I figured there was something going on to cause the payout to fluctuate like that but contact mission payouts can vary to a much higher degree.

Sorry, I was unclear. The VIP missions cap at $25K. The contact missions each have their own max payout value, which you get if your completion time is >15 min. That figure goes up if you're playing with other people.

You can block some outgoing ports if you want a private public session, that's what I do anyway when I do the warehouse stuff. Just need to remember to disable the rule when you're done and you might need to leave GTA Online and rejoin as well.

Wolfe

Sorry, I was unclear. The VIP missions cap at $25K. The contact missions each have their own max payout value, which you get if your completion time is >15 min. That figure goes up if you're playing with other people.

Ah ok I gotchya, thanks.

You can block some outgoing ports if you want a private public session, that's what I do anyway when I do the warehouse stuff. Just need to remember to disable the rule when you're done and you might need to leave GTA Online and rejoin as well.

If you're on PS4 it's even easier, I can't recall the name of it but if you go into manual internet setup there's a part where the default value is set to 1500 and if you set it to 800 (or whatever, think 800 is what I did when I tested it once) and you'll be unable to join others and instead will load into a solo lobby.

Once you want to play with others again go back to internet setup and change that particular value back to 1500 and you're good to go.

Sorry I know that's rather vague but it's hard to miss when going through the manual net setup.

If you're on PS4 it's even easier, I can't recall the name of it but if you go into manual internet setup there's a part where the default value is set to 1500 and if you set it to 800 (or whatever, think 800 is what I did when I tested it once) and you'll be unable to join others and instead will load into a solo lobby.

Once you want to play with others again go back to internet setup and change that particular value back to 1500 and you're good to go.

Sorry I know that's rather vague but it's hard to miss when going through the manual net setup.
It's the MTU setting, and if you change it from Automatic (1500 by default) to Manual and set it to 927, then you'll always load into a Solo public session. Friends will still be able to join on you. Note that once there are multiple people in your lobby though, randoms might start being put into it too. You can vote to kick them with your friends though if you're desperate. With MTU set to 927 you won't be able to do regular jobs though (races, deathmatches, heists, etc.).

UncleMeat

Honestly I'd say it's the other way around in that the Buzzard is essential for Headhunter and not Sightseer, but that's just me lol.

I find headhunter without a buzzard to be way more of a hassle in that the cars and security guards are all heavily armored, I mean out in the open each guard takes two missiles to kill. I find it easier to just fly up in a buzzard and snipe the targets with missile while out of the range of their guns.

Now don't get me wrong sightseer is a huge pain without a buzzard, as the first package can sometimes spawn on the complete other side of the map, but it's still doable in a fast car but obviously takes a bit more time.

I still fully recommend doing both in a buzzard, but personally while I use it for headhunter 100% of the time, for sightseer I also my cars depending on the first packages location.

Well I made quite a bit of money running these tonight so thanks again. One tip on Sightseer for poor criminals like me that don't have a buzzard and can't afford one you can call for a Merryweather helicopter ride, whack the pilot and steal his chopper, only cost $1000.

And for headhunter I just used my armored kuruma and didn't have too much trouble.

Wolfe

Well I made quite a bit of money running these tonight so thanks again. One tip on Sightseer for poor criminals like me that don't have a buzzard and can't afford one you can call for a Merryweather helicopter ride, whack the pilot and steal his chopper, only cost $1000.

And for headhunter I just used my armored kuruma and didn't have too much trouble.

Ah yeah I still don't have any armored cars (I've yet to touch any heists lol) so that idea never crosses my mind. Good call.

Nice idea with merryweather too, spend 1k for a 20k+ proffit, can't beat that.

Mastah

actual_1471014185.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...wswire&utm_campaign=gtao-execbonuses-08122016

But the Buzzard is quicker and more agile than the Savage...

By the time any of that matters, someone breaks out the homing launcher anyway. The Savage will shred anything on the ground: tanks, insurgents, pickups, players. If I need something faster with longer range, I'm taking the Hydra.

Can't have the Savage load in nearby for free as a CEO. You have to go pick it up. Buzzard, you can call it up and have it spawn nearby.

Bingo. That's probably the biggest advantage the Buzzard has over the Savage. Hence the reason I'm going to finally going to buy one at the 50% off discount.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Bingo. That's probably the biggest advantage the Buzzard has over the Savage. Hence the reason I'm going to finally going to buy one at the 50% off discount.

Off the top of my head, I was trying to remember the Pegasus heli spawn spots (for Savage/Hydra/etc).

All 3 Airports
Hospital Roof downtown
Meriweather Pier, near Simeons car drop off spot
Pier north of the main airport, near the boat docks
Police Station at the far north city

Trying to think if there were others places.

Yeah, I think you got it.

Edit: Oh and not being able to spawn an arial vehicle in a location that you are presently in or within 100 yards from is bullshit.

Upgraded my Maze Bank West office to the main Maze Bank office. It's nice to be away from douche bag alley, plus the view from the main Maze Bank helipad is awesome :)

The much smaller rotor diameter means you can also land the buzzard in places where the savage simply doesn't fit. For special cargo missions that's actually a pretty big deal (and can make the savage and Valkyrie annoying to use).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Upgraded my Maze Bank West office to the main Maze Bank office. It's nice to be away from douche bag alley, plus the view from the main Maze Bank helipad is awesome :)

The much smaller rotor diameter means you can also land the buzzard in places where the savage simply doesn't fit. For special cargo missions that's actually a pretty big deal (and can make the savage and Valkyrie annoying to use).

Yeah, this too. Alot of the warehouses, you can just land on the Cargo delivery spot, and you're done.

Except that one warehouse near the overflow river, and partially under the main East/West highway. It's delivery spot is pretty narrow.

Yeah, this too. Alot of the warehouses, you can just land on the Cargo delivery spot, and you're done.

Except that one warehouse near the overflow river, and partially under the main East/West highway. It's delivery spot is pretty narrow.
I wish there was a YouTube video showing the actual yellow delivery 'ring' (I've forgotten the proper term for those things) for each large warehouse. The best I could find was simply a video showing the outside of each one, but the only pertinent information is where that delivery ring is and I can't find it tracked anywhere.

I currently own the Logistics Depot and it's brilliant, it has a big courtyard and you can land a buzzard right in the yellow ring. I've been thinking about buying a second large one but don't want to end up with one where I can't land a buzzard really easily.

av2k

Can someone give me a run down of what to do after not playing the game after a long time?

I have 12 million, do I just jump in, become a CEO thanks to half price deal and start making money? So lost with all the new updates, lol.

Can someone give me a run down of what to do after not playing the game after a long time?

I have 12 million, do I just jump in, become a CEO thanks to half price deal and start making money? So lost with all the new updates, lol.
That's not a bad idea. How long has it been since you've played?

I've just started playing this, made my way up to rank 10 (mostly via Cunning Stunts, which is loads of fun) and now want to play Top Fun, but I've only found a game twice. It's a brilliant game mode but doesn't seem to have much traction. Anyone here want to play? On PS4.

Top Bottom