• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Mastah

Unfortunately I couldn't do anything. It was a building to the right of Pacific Standard Heist Finale escape route. I've searched roof, looked at all set of stairs, run around whole block and couldn't find anyone. No lock on in my Buzzard either, so I had to wait until time ran out and deal with the fact one crate was lost ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was happy to see Rockstar fixed this problem in the latest update

Fixed an issue that caused Special Cargo crates to fall through the map meaning they could not be collected and the Mission could not be completed.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/pl/articles/222662548

but it seems it's still not fully resolved.

aristotle

I just got back into GTA V on PS4. I haven't played much yet, since I did complete the PS3 version of single player. I sent a request to join the PS4 group though, but hit me up if anyone wants to play online.

PSN: xinoart

So, I've just picked up GTAV on PS4 and I fancy giving some of the online modes a whirl. What do I need to know, and how difficult is it to get started? I had the game on PS3 but haven't played it in about two years, but I remember having to jump through tons of bullshit hoops to actually get to the online modes. I really would like to just jump straight in to the likes of Top Fun or Cunning Stunts; is that possible? Can I browse lobbies, or do I need to go into the online open world before getting into different game modes?

Symphonia

Banned
So, I've just picked up GTAV on PS4 and I fancy giving some of the online modes a whirl. What do I need to know, and how difficult is it to get started? I had the game on PS3 but haven't played it in about two years, but I remember having to jump through tons of bullshit hoops to actually get to the online modes. I really would like to just jump straight in to the likes of Top Fun or Cunning Stunts; is that possible? Can I browse lobbies, or do I need to go into the online open world before getting into different game modes?
You free to play today? Add me on PSN (vntonywhite) and we'll get you started.

You free to play today? Add me on PSN (vntonywhite) and we'll get you started.

I got your friend request; thank you. However, I won't be available to play for about 12 hours from now (I'm in the UK and only play at night before going to bed). If you're still around then, I'll hook up with you later.

I assume you're still bitter that the CEO system fucked you over by not paying you for your associate work.

What? Nah son, I told you to forget about that at the time.

Just now I was being chased by 2 randoms for a bounty and you helped them rather than me. Then you started calling me pussy. Like I said, stay classy

Are you saying you don't remember chasing a GAF member (and friend) with a bounty? I was in an insurgent in the tunnel and you started attacking me, went ghost org then called me pussy.

Not a big deal, I just usually help GAF Crew. You must have been hard up for that 9k lol.

snacknuts

we all knew her
After a great deal of hemming and hawing, I finally picked up the Tropos over the Omnis over the weekend and gave it the standard snacknuts branding (suddenly realizing I should have taken a pic). I also bought and fully upgraded the armored Gallivanter Baller LE LWB, but was disappointed that my custom version is not the one that gets delivered when I request a CEO vehicle delivery for that car. With that being the case, I probably won't drive it very often since I already have three other armored cars (Kuruma, Schafter V12, Insurgent) that I would prefer to use. Oh well.

Symphonia

Banned
Are you saying you don't remember chasing a GAF member (and friend) with a bounty? I was in an insurgent in the tunnel and you started attacking me, went ghost org then called me pussy.

Not a big deal, I just usually help GAF Crew. You must have been hard up for that 9k lol.
The only guy I'd gone after today wasn't you, and it was because they'd been a dick in a previous session.

Striker

After a great deal of hemming and hawing, I finally picked up the Tropos over the Omnis over the weekend and gave it the standard snacknuts branding (suddenly realizing I should have taken a pic). I also bought and fully upgraded the armored Gallivanter Baller LE LWB, but was disappointed that my custom version is not the one that gets delivered when I request a CEO vehicle delivery for that car. With that being the case, I probably won't drive it very often since I already have three other armored cars (Kuruma, Schafter V12, Insurgent) that I would prefer to use. Oh well.
The armored XLS is a fine and speedy SUV. I have my own garage for that, and those same three vehicles you mentioned.

gwailo

Banned

You should be able to get right into one of the Cunning Stunts races while the game is loading by hitting square. Otherwise you can either do a quick job (race or mission) via the phone or go into the pause menu and select a race or mission. I think you have to already have done a race/mission to have it in the pause menu though.

snacknuts

we all knew her
You should be able to get right into one of the Cunning Stunts races while the game is loading by hitting square. Otherwise you can either do a quick job (race or mission) via the phone or go into the pause menu and select a race or mission. I think you have to already have done a race/mission to have it in the pause menu though.

There's a setting somewhere that will put you into GTA Online as soon as the game loads instead of starting single player first and then making you move to online. That's how I have it, and it always maps R1 as the button to press to jump into whatever mode they're pushing at the time.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
3 nights in a row I've won a premium race and each time I've got an update to the XB1 after finishing the race and spectating. Such luck.

Would like it if they did non-contact into the stunts. I feel robbed so many times due to some dickbag ramming me.

Any groups going on here that do racing?

I considered buying some of the other CEO vehicles (I already have the Buzzard and the Turreted Limo, which are the most important ones IMHO), but then I figured that it's easier just to call my mechanic and get a car (armoured or fast) if I need it, and the Buzzard and Turreted Limo give you all the firepower you'll ever need on land or in the air. The one that does slightly tempt me is the Volatus chopper, since it would be handy for transporting my friends to my yacht in a bit more style than the Buzzard, without having to go visit one of the few regular Pegasus chopper spawn locations.

Does anyone have any experience with the Volatus, or can recommend a different luxury chopper? I heard some let you drink champagne in the back, but I'm not sure which ones.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I really want to get the turreted limo, but I was hoping it would go on sale again. Until then, I already have the Insurgent Pick-Up if I need something like that (although without the immediately CEO delivery).

This week's specials (note the discounts on the Volatus and the Nimbus):

actual_1469533813.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...new-gta-online-cunning-stunts-races-today-new

I really want to get the turreted limo, but I was hoping it would go on sale again. Until then, I already have the Insurgent Pick-Up if I need something like that (although without the immediately CEO delivery).
Yeah I definitely prefer the Insurgent Pick-Up (and if I'm doing a 111 crate sell mission I always pick one up first, just in case), but the instant CEO spawning of the Turreted Limo is unbeatable.

sunnz

I miss the days when there was so much more variety in the cars people drove.

Now its only super fast or armour with a very very small margin having something not in that category.

Wolfe

I miss the days when there was so much more variety in the cars people drove.

Now its only super fast or armour with a very very small margin having something not in that category.

TBH it's always felt like this to me lol. In the beginning it was the Adder/Entity combo, to which the Zentorno later joined.

I know what you're saying though and the more cars we have available it will surely seem more noticeable when people are primarily using certain vehicles.

On that note though I can't deny the Tyrus looks pretty rad, especially the rear end (the length doesn't bother me, I'm talking specifically about the rear as seen from the back). Always was a fan of the Saleen and McClaren looks. I just wish the front end looked a bit more F1 as well heh. Not big on any of the wing options but the default one would have to be my favorite looking, I'm still surprised (pleasantly I might add) that they made the default spoiler have the same traction advantage, as least as far as the stat bars show, as the other two options. Always felt silly that they go out of their way to add a traction advantage to having a spoiler, and then make it so that all of the stock spoilers do absolutely nothing.

On the flip side the other car I'm driving the most lately is the Lynx, still haven't seen many of those around (for good reason obviously lol!)

I'm still surprised (pleasantly I might add) that they made the default spoiler have the same traction advantage, as least as far as the stat bars show, as the other two options. Always felt silly that they go out of their way to add a traction advantage to having a spoiler, and then make it so that all of the stock spoilers do absolutely nothing.
Actually Broughy confirmed that that's just a bug with the display of the stats bar for those new cars, you still need to replace the default spoiler for max downforce :(

Wolfe

Actually Broughy confirmed that that's just a bug with the display of the stats bar for those new cars, you still need to replace the default spoiler for max downforce :(

In the back of my head I kind of assumed that was likely the case. Dumb design but what are you gonna do.

On the bright side at least the Tropos has a no spoiler option that isn't default and that actually does improve traction, I'll take that for now at least.

Still can't bring myself to put a spoiler on: Lynx, Sabre Turbo, FMJ, Phoenix and Tyrus now (at least those ar the ones I remember, oh and the Tropos technically lol). If it doesn't look good on the car, I don't want it on there, regardless of how much it improves the performance.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I played a fair amount over the weekend and I would say that 80% of the time when I joined a new session, I was by myself and no one ever joined. Today I am getting the same thing 100% of the time, but in addition, there are NO cars driving around on the roads. It's the weirdest thing.

I played a fair amount over the weekend and I would say that 80% of the time when I joined a new session, I was by myself and no one ever joined. Today I am getting the same thing 100% of the time, but in addition, there are NO cars driving around on the roads. It's the weirdest thing.
Sounds awesome for crate buying/selling :)

elyetis

Do we know if they will give us access to the stunt race assets in the editor ? Given some of the crazy race people already do with the original assets, I can only imagine what they could bring us with all those loop, speed boost etc..

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Do we know if they will give us access to the stunt race assets in the editor ? Given some of the crazy race people already do with the original assets, I can only imagine what they could bring us with all those loop, speed boost etc..

Some playlists and races went up last week which people had created, I have no idea but some were mental. The good thing about them they have no contact option so you don't have to deal with dickbags ramming you of the edge.

I haven't even bothered with the crate buying/selling as yet, I own an office and a warehouse but the public lobbies do put me off.
I find that if I "find new session" four or five times it'll put me in a session on my own. At that point no other randoms seem to ever join, unless one or two of your friends do (at which point randoms will quickly start being added).

Kuldar

From my experience, free aim servers are less populated. Most of the time I can quickly find a server with 1-3 people. I just ask them if they are peacefull and then it's all good. It's on PS4, don't know if it's the same thing on other plateforms.

Daffy Duck

Man, I haven't played this since the launch of GTA:O on the 360.

Reading all these updates and that huge helpful post earlier makes me want to jump back in and play.

Symphonia

Banned
Cannot wait for the day they make stunt races in GTA Online non-contact. Far too many cheating bellends ruining the fun for everyone.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I usually suck at racing, but yesterday afternoon I did one of the rally races and absolutely killed it. I have no idea what happened, but I squirted out to first place right away and no one ever got close to me again. I assume they were all beating the crap out of each other behind me, because the race I ran was far from perfect and the second place guy was still 40 seconds behind me.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r98NZyHW7xA

Striker

Nice job. Was catchup and slipstream off?

I hate being tossed into lobbies and hosts keep them on. I bought the RE-7B and I love it. Still get caught into guys swiping me on a turn as I pass or as I'm hitting a ramp, which completely takes me out of my rhythm and often hard to overcome with decent racers in the match.

I just now tried a Premium Race in the Sports class and I'm initially bumped because the guy directly in front does not move in his armored Kuruma (who tries to spin me out as I'm driving around him) and pressed off the road a few seconds later into the water (track was H200, which looks nice). They should make the Premium races non-contact, or better yet, the ability for hosts to make them non-contact.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Nice job. Was catchup and slipstream off?

I honestly don't know. Based on how it turned out, I would have to say no.

I share your sentiment for wishing that non-contact was enabled, even just as an option, for the stunt races. I don't mind losing a race because I drive like an idiot, but I get really frustrated when I am knocked out of contention in the first couple turns because of people bumping me. And especially when I lose because I have to slow down to avoid bumping other people.

EDIT: Apparently now the cool thing is to get in a group and block ramps or tunnels for people who are still racing. I just went through three races in a row, quitting after each one to get in a new session, where these stupid dickheads were pulling this crap. They're garbage people.

Top Bottom