• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

It's dropping again!
B7DljkBIgAAlG-p.jpg

Fuck you script kiddies! Thank you Rockstar!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Omg awesome! xD

Seriously, this should be our little GAF crew project.

I'm not a part of the GAF crew yet btw... How do I apply?

Yeah, man. If you're in the crew and I can get in hopefully we can get this done with minimal effort.
My active crew is Infinite Medium (our YouTube channel) but I'm also in NGAF (either Gaming Age Family or NeoGang... can't remember) and I'm in "Bad People Loud".

Also have capture hardware so I'm down to help out with a GAF strut-a-thon at some point!

Fitts

I just picked this up yesterday for PS4 to play with friends online and, while it's a lot of fun, the controls are atrocious. Does anyone have have any recommendations on sensitivity settings? To be more specific, I'm of the opinion that everything feels slow/clunky and aiming with something like a marksman's rifle is super difficult because it just feels...off. It's tough to describe, actually. Basically, I'd like the aiming to feel more like an FPS or an Uncharted game and character/camera movement to be more responsive.

Grinchy

Banned
I just picked this up yesterday for PS4 to play with friends online and, while it's a lot of fun, the controls are atrocious. Does anyone have have any recommendations on sensitivity settings? To be more specific, I'm of the opinion that everything feels slow/clunky and aiming with something like a marksman's rifle is super difficult because it just feels...off. It's tough to describe, actually. Basically, I'd like the aiming to feel more like an FPS or an Uncharted game and character/camera movement to be more responsive.

Yeah you need to first go into the settings and look for deadzone. There's a bar. Turn the bar all the way off (to the left).

Then, you have to give up on sniping because the game has an insane amount of input lag. When you combine the input lag with the deadzone/accleration problems, it's essentially unplayable without auto aim. They likely had to do something funky with the v-sync that has led to an incredibly high input lag.

Fitts

Yeah you need to first go into the settings and look for deadzone. There's a bar. Turn the bar all the way off (to the left).

Then, you have to give up on sniping because the game has an insane amount of input lag. When you combine the input lag with the deadzone/accleration problems, it's essentially unplayable without auto aim. They likely had to do something funky with the v-sync that has led to an incredibly high input lag.

Gotcha. Thanks for your suggestion. I turned the acceleration up as well.

It's odd to me that controls wouldn't be prioritized above all else, but there's fun to be had so I won't stress over it too much.

Grinchy

Banned
Gotcha. Thanks for your suggestion. I turned the acceleration up as well.

It's odd to me that controls wouldn't be prioritized above all else, but there's fun to be had so I won't stress over it too much.

Yeah I love this game. I think it's one of the most amazing games we've had in years. It's so good that it makes bad aiming feel like a nitpick.

Is anyone interested in trading some rally race wins for the award / paint unlock / trophy? Need four people total for it to count.

I've been trying to do this legitimately, and even with two friends occasionally onboard to help, haven't had much luck finding random people to race with between the bad matchmaking and general disinterest in racing. Finally decided to just try and boost this one.

Tigress

Is anyone interested in trading some rally race wins for the award / paint unlock / trophy? Need four people total for it to count.

I've been trying to do this legitimately, and even with two friends occasionally onboard to help, haven't had much luck finding random people to race with between the bad matchmaking and general disinterest in racing. Finally decided to just try and boost this one.

I might be... will these wins count towards unlocking engine upgrades? Cause I think that's all I really want to unlock race wise. So as long as I can get some wins that count for that in trade I'll totally be up for it. But I won't be available til much later today at earliest (work and all).

(also, if anyone wants to help me accumulate some sniper kills I want to get the LSPD paintjob for my sniper gun but that will be a long time in making, especially if I can't find a few people willing to just give me a few kills. Add in I don't like killing random people unless they start it with me or it's a job where it is implied people are wanting to play PvP so I feel bad sniping random people in free roam).

skybald

I have not bought anything yet, but have close to 500,000 saved up. Should I buy the most expensive apartment? Would like some input on what to buy first.

I have not bought anything yet, but have close to 500,000 saved up. Should I buy the most expensive apartment? Would like some input on what to buy first.

I'd keep saving until you can buy your own Buzzard. It will help you out so much on some of the higher-level missions. It's my best purchase in the game by far.

I think they're around 1.7 mil. I can't remember exactly.

GQman2121

Banned

It depends on what you want out of the online game.

What do you primarily do with your time while online?

Missions? Free roam? Racing? Do you like your current attire?

To be successful you likely need weapons, so do you have guns that you feel comfortable with at your current rank?

Do you care about car ownership? Because that's really the only reason to own an apartment at this point until Heists are released.

Personally, I have two apartments. One downtown with a ten car garage; one near the beach with a six car garage. I own about 15 vehicles, a few that I could honestly do without, but enjoy having the option of mixing things up.

Still, I've likely pissed away hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not a cool million) on shit I didn't need or will ever use in Freeroam or missions just because the money was there. Recently I've cut that all out as I would love to purchase the Hydra that seems imminent in future DLC.

I played with some GAF people the other night. They said they too were recording. LonestarGA and catdafelix I believe. Some fun madness :D

Most expensive isn't necessary, but pay attention to garage size. You may want to buy 2 places that cost less but both have 10 car-garages. I also heard something about a duplication glitch being possible if you own two places in the same building.

Anyone who wants to do some missions for money, try out some glitches (like the flying one above or what Vanoss and co. did with the tow trucks), or just strut your stuff, add me on PSN.

I might be... will these wins count towards unlocking engine upgrades? Cause I think that's all I really want to unlock race wise. So as long as I can get some wins that count for that in trade I'll totally be up for it. But I won't be available til much later today at earliest (work and all).

(also, if anyone wants to help me accumulate some sniper kills I want to get the LSPD paintjob for my sniper gun but that will be a long time in making, especially if I can't find a few people willing to just give me a few kills. Add in I don't like killing random people unless they start it with me or it's a job where it is implied people are wanting to play PvP so I feel bad sniping random people in free roam).

Rally wins should count for performance upgrades, though only one or two wins are needed to unlock the rally related stuff. Not sure if both a driving and navigating win are needed. (Navigating is for sure).

Regardless, if enough people are interested and this eventually happens, I can stick around for a bit to help you farm some regular race wins.

skybald

It depends on what you want out of the online game.

What do you primarily do with your time while online?

Missions? Free roam? Racing? Do you like your current attire?

To be successful you likely need weapons, so do you have guns that you feel comfortable with at your current rank?

Do you care about car ownership? Because that's really the only reason to own an apartment at this point until Heists are released.

Personally, I have two apartments. One downtown with a ten car garage; one near the beach with a six car garage. I own about 15 vehicles, a few that I could honestly do without, but enjoy having the option of mixing things up.

Still, I've likely pissed away hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not a cool million) on shit I didn't need or will ever use in Freeroam or missions just because the money was there. Recently I've cut that all out as I would love to purchase the Hydra that seems imminent in future DLC.

I do a lot of racing and I like the missions. I don't really know what you do in free roam. Honestly I am only just getting into the mp, rank 22. I don't like the look of my character but don't think I can change that now

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How can you save up for a buzzard!?

Mission payout isnt that decent and the amount I spend on refilling ammo makes it even harder

Tigress

How can you save up for a buzzard!?

Mission payout isnt that decent and the amount I spend on refilling ammo makes it even harder

Some missions payout better than others. A Titan of a Job is a great one that is easy to do solo (I can do it easy) and will net you ~20k per mission. Rooftop Rumble is ok even though they nerfed it. Sadly, the other ones that do well on the top of my head require a buzzard for them to be easy payouts ;). Oh.. Coveted isn't too bad for making money without the buzzard. If you're willing to spend some time, some of the survivals aren't too bad. I am partial to Boneyard cause it has that spot behind the trailer that is very defensible if you are just one person. Also the one in the train yard I think has a good hiding spot (not quite as good but still pretty defensable. I have never tried that one solo but I have managed to carry my team in every level when they all died and I was left using that spot).

Also, sell cars and figure out which ones make you more. THere are some modded cars that will get you more money but you have to know when and where to find them (in new gen I am totally clueless. I have yet to find any gang cars or the modded Mercedes or whatever it's called). But, also, the Baller SUV is really easy to find and will get you 9k. And if before you sell it you first scroll through suspensions (don't buy any) and then scroll through horns, "Sad (something) horn)" should have a checkmark. Pick that one and it will add 10k to the value. IF you have a garage, stock up on these cars and sell them anytime you have a minute and it has been an hour since your last sell of one.

Also, do Simeon missions for bringing him a car. I find the best value is the car that is equivelant to a Land Cruiser (I forgot its name but I think it sounds similar to Land Cruiser) though Baron Von Beans claims the Ocelot will get you 18k (I didn't find that to be true). Also, if he requests a specific car that shows up in green, that can be worth a lot too.

Anyways, it is a grind but I've managed to save up enough money for an apt (and not one of the cheapest either), a garage, a zenterno plus many other cars (more than fits in one garage), mods for the cars (all have bulletproof tires for example), and a tank (and some other odds and ends) using that method (and I didn't even know about the way to add 10k to the value of a car until like a week ago at best and only got to try that out yesterday). I also have a buzzard that I saved 2/3'rds of hte money but I admit I used the loophole for the challenges (That no longer is there) to make some of the money (as well as for the float plane).

Lashley

Some missions payout better than others. A Titan of a Job is a great one that is easy to do solo (I can do it easy) and will net you ~20k per mission. Rooftop Rumble is ok even though they nerfed it. Sadly, the other ones that do well on the top of my head require a buzzard for them to be easy payouts ;). Oh.. Coveted isn't too bad for making money without the buzzard. If you're willing to spend some time, some of the survivals aren't too bad. I am partial to Boneyard cause it has that spot behind the trailer that is very defensible if you are just one person. Also the one in the train yard I think has a good hiding spot (not quite as good but still pretty defensable. I have never tried that one solo but I have managed to carry my team in every level when they all died and I was left using that spot).

Also, sell cars and figure out which ones make you more. THere are some modded cars that will get you more money but you have to know when and where to find them (in new gen I am totally clueless. I have yet to find any gang cars or the modded Mercedes or whatever it's called). But, also, the Baller SUV is really easy to find and will get you 9k. And if before you sell it you first scroll through suspensions (don't buy any) and then scroll through horns, "Sad (something) horn)" should have a checkmark. Pick that one and it will add 10k to the value. IF you have a garage, stock up on these cars and sell them anytime you have a minute and it has been an hour since your last sell of one.

Also, do Simeon missions for bringing him a car. I find the best value is the car that is equivelant to a Land Cruiser (I forgot its name but I think it sounds similar to Land Cruiser) though Baron Von Beans claims the Ocelot will get you 18k (I didn't find that to be true). Also, if he requests a specific car that shows up in green, that can be worth a lot too.

Anyways, it is a grind but I've managed to save up enough money for an apt (and not one of the cheapest either), a garage, a zenterno plus many other cars (more than fits in one garage), mods for the cars (all have bulletproof tires for example), and a tank (and some other odds and ends) using that method (and I didn't even know about the way to add 10k to the value of a car until like a week ago at best and only got to try that out yesterday). I also have a buzzard that I saved 2/3'rds of hte money but I admit I used the loophole for the challenges (That no longer is there) to make some of the money (as well as for the float plane).

Thanks man. Titan is my favourite mission but when I play on normal with friends I'm sure it only pays about 15k

will try selling cars etc too

Tigress

Thanks man. Titan is my favourite mission but when I play on normal with friends I'm sure it only pays about 15k

will try selling cars etc too

Oh, play everything on hard mode, you get more ;). I think the least I got for A Titan of a Job is 18k but I always put it on hard. It's really not that hard on hard (and trust me, coming from me that says something. I'm probably one of the worst GTA players out there that isn't a newbie). And that was alone (you get more if you play with friends).

GQman2121

Banned
I do a lot of racing and I like the missions. I don't really know what you do in free roam. Honestly I am only just getting into the mp, rank 22. I don't like the look of my character but don't think I can change that now

There's really nothing to do in free roam except go broke. Sure you can rob stores or armored trucks (if you can find them), but ultimately free roam is nothing but a huge $$$ sink designed to make you go poor.

Lashley

Oh, play everything on hard mode, you get more ;). I think the least I got for A Titan of a Job is 18k but I always put it on hard. It's really not that hard on hard (and trust me, coming from me that says something. I'm probably one of the worst GTA players out there that isn't a newbie). And that was alone (you get more if you play with friends).

Yeah we use to. Dropped to normal to get through missions faster as the money/rp isnt too lower compared to hard.

Does anyone know what vehicle this is??

10535722_10152611651413240_3905802111664949052_o.jpg

Was playing Online just before (PS4) and the game was running like crap. It kept stuttering every few seconds (both audio and video) for like a split second.

I ejected the disc, cleaned it, but it kept happening. I have never had issues before. I hope my PS4 isn't fucking up :(

Razakin

Ocelot F620 gives around 16k when it's Simeon's wanted car (green, not the sms one).

And doing missions/racing is the best way to get money, but I myself tend to do it so that I'll just get 50k per day, so things won't get too grindy. Which is usually 4-5 missions and sell car or two.

Also, using something like AP Pistol instead of assault rifles on missions could also save a bit in a long haul, the pistol seems to be pretty good.

Great news about those Dubstas. Should make farming for them easier.

I believe I found you on the Social Club, and sent you an invite. Unless there is another SolidChamp on there, you should have an invite waiting.

Nope, looks like you got me.

Thanks a lot! I'd love to play in a full server with NeoGAF.

Add me via PSN: SolidChamp

I'd happily accept invites to play when I'm around.

Lashley

If anyone needs some quick money you can buy the rat loader for 6k and use the trombone glitch to make 10k. Cars that you buy can be resold without a time limit so you can make like 40k in 5mins.

Been doing this, very handy. Thanks :D

skybald

If anyone needs some quick money you can buy the rat loader for 6k and use the trombone glitch to make 10k. Cars that you buy can be resold without a time limit so you can make like 40k in 5mins.

As in you buy the car using the phone app and then drive it into Los Santos customs and sell it over and over?

Lashley

As in you buy the car using the phone app and then drive it into Los Santos customs and sell it over and over?

Yes, go to suspension, back out, go to horn, add sad trombone at bottom (its free), sell

only downside is the wait for mechanic but ive just garage near LSC

Can the Vapid Blade be found anywhere online, or is it only available via purchase? Is it worth it?

I wish I could sell the Marshall. It was fun for awhile...but i never use it anymore.

Can the Vapid Blade be found anywhere online, or is it only available via purchase? Is it worth it?

I wish I could sell the Marshall. It was fun for awhile...but i never use it anymore.

The Blade is purchase only. I've driven it in a few races when it was an option, I really enjoyed it. Pretty good handling and acceleration, and didn't seem as susceptible to the back end swinging out as much as some of the other muscle cars. Not sure what cosmetic mods it has available. It's on my wish list.

Tigress

Ocelot F620 gives around 16k when it's Simeon's wanted car (green, not the sms one).

And doing missions/racing is the best way to get money, but I myself tend to do it so that I'll just get 50k per day, so things won't get too grindy. Which is usually 4-5 missions and sell car or two.

Also, using something like AP Pistol instead of assault rifles on missions could also save a bit in a long haul, the pistol seems to be pretty good.

Well doing Simeon's missions add in a little variation so things don't get grindy and add money. Selling cars you stole, especially if you store a bunch in the garage, takes a few minutes and the right car will at least get you 9k even if you don't do the horn glitch. So those are easy quick money. And if you store a few in your garage it is gaurenteed money. And I don't limit myself to money made rather than if I feel like doing the thing to make money (and I don't repeat missions back to back cause while I can have fun doing the same mission over it gets too grindy even for me to repeat the same mission back to back).

And yeah. I try to to use the pistol where I can but since I've started playing free aim and I suck at aiming that's hardly ever ;). Besides, I find I do best with a sniper rifle and patience (you don't get much money for failing ;). And for me the best chance I get for success is tactics, caution, and not rushing myself (I tend to get flustered when rushed. Which is why I hate timed missions).

Top Bottom