• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

waypoetic

Banned
I've not played for most of January due to internet issues at home. I hope you are all well and had a wonderful holiday break.

Is there anything noteworthy that needs adding to the OP? No time to scan the thread as I'm at work!

There he is. Hope to see you online soon buddy!

Tigress

Heh, met a random guy from Gaf yesterday playing on hte PS4 version who had no clue there was a crew (was on with another crew member and didn't realize it til he got close to me and saw he had an orange hue around his dot). I told him to contact Baron about joining the crew :). It was funny though, I'm all like, "Oh, you're in my crew" to the other crew guy (who I already forgot his name cause I suck at names) and this guy just chimed in, "You guys are from Gaf?!".

It's weird, I met a lot of nice randoms yesterday (some non Gaf or at least they didn't associate themselves with Gaf). Not used to that. The other ones i joined a random mission and no one was talking until some one was brave enough to ask if we could hear him. And then we all just got to chatting and trying to organize ourselves in missions (badly I might add LoL). I'm not used to randoms actually wanting to work together and do more than just finish the mission for their money (which is why I wasn't even bothering to talk at first).

torontoml

Lots of glitching going on lol, playing free roam and noticed somebody else constantly selling rat loaders lol. Also had another Gaf member in the room trying to get dubstas. Don't know how he did, I decided to leave cause they wouldn't spawn regularly with the two of us going for them.

waypoetic

Banned
I met a random yesterday. He was a fucking weirdo. He followed me around and i had to join another session because of him following me around everywhere. Maybe he thought that because i was using my female character, that i was a girl, and that he fell in love with my avatar; i mean yeah, she's pretty hot but c'mon... :D

I met a random yesterday. He was a fucking weirdo. He followed me around and i had to join another session because of him following me around everywhere. Maybe he thought that because i was using my female character, that i was a girl, and that he fell in love with my avatar; i mean yeah, she's pretty hot but c'mon... :D

Did you kill him before he started following you? I've found that people on this game get incredibly butthurt if you kill them, more so than any other game I've ever played. I don't know why. I've had countless people follow me around the entire map trying to kill me, even when I entered passive mode.

waypoetic

Banned
Did you kill him before he started following you? I've found that people on this game get incredibly butthurt if you kill them, more so than any other game I've ever played. I don't know why. I've had countless people follow me around the entire map trying to kill me, even when I entered passive mode.

I got the package drop before he did and i immediately switched to passive mode. This dude didn't *get* passive mode so he started swinging and shooting at me and when that didn't work he just started following me.

Ain't nobody got time for that. I'd rather just finish the mission and move onto the next. You could probably complete another mission in the time it takes to wait anyway.
That's assuming you'll be given another mission in the vote screen. It's rare to be given 3 or more missions in a row, so you've got to return to free mode (which is like a 3 minute process itself) and start up the phone calls again.
Not to mention, by the time you finished up with mission objectives, its just a few more minutes to get maximum payout - it's not like you'll be waiting the full 16 after Titan of a Job or Extradition, etc. Waiting those 5 extra minutes is the difference between 10k and 20k.

Don't apartments include garages?

Sorry, like I said, totally new to this.
They do. A ten car garage is a MUST. Either a stand alone, or buy one with a cheap-o apartment. If you plan on Heisting, you will need an apartment with a "planning room", but I don't know if you can host the job in your place without financially backing the heist. Sadly we don't know enough to make those guesses.

However useless, I love my apartment at Eclipse. I don't have the 500k one, I have the original high end two story apartment. I own two other ten car garages, but will really only sell one of those for a high end house. The sanctuary it provides is nice, but I rarely spend any time there. Maybe 5 hours total (over estimating, too) out of close to 700...

Edit: Double team go! I should really just get back to work..

I've never heard of that 16 minute rule. You get more money if you take longer to complete a mission?

*edit - bah didn't realize I was double posting.
Its 15 minutes actually, and its not worth it (its just 2x pay). Playing missions in 4 minutes (1x pay) will give you more money in the same amount of time.

payout
1-2min: 0.4
2-3min: 0.6
3-4min: 0.8
4-6min: 1
6-8min: 1.2
8-10min: 1.4
10-12min: 1.6
12-15min: 1.8
Over 15min: 2

Final Payout = Base Pay x Time-Difficulty Multiplier x No. Ply Multiplier (Round to nearest 10)

http://gtaforums.com/topic/614195-job-reward-database-rp-cash/

You can buy apartment and garage combos, or just a garage
Okay cool.

They do. A ten car garage is a MUST. Either a stand alone, or buy one with a cheap-o apartment. If you plan on Heisting, you will need an apartment with a "planning room", but I don't know if you can host the job in your place without financially backing the heist. Sadly we don't know enough to make those guesses.

However useless, I love my apartment at Eclipse. I don't have the 500k one, I have the original high end two story apartment. I own two other ten car garages, but will really only sell one of those for a high end house. The sanctuary it provides is nice, but I rarely spend any time there. Maybe 5 hours total (over estimating, too) out of close to 700...

Edit: Double team go! I should really just get back to work..

So how many garages can you own? And how much are they?

waypoetic

Banned
I got 1 high-end apartment with a 10 car garage where i store race cars and cruisers. Second apartment is a medium-end (or whatever they're called) one with a 6 car garage; that's where i store all my mission vehicles (armored up SUV's and 4 doors with bulletproof tyres) and then i've got another 10 car garage over by the airport.

Ullus

Anyone interested in a modded Dubsta? Can make them spawn if ya want one.

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7cwd5MIcAMaU-J.jpg:orig[/IMG]

Tigress

Anyone interested in a modded Dubsta? Can make them spawn if ya want one.

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7cwd5MIcAMaU-J.jpg:orig[/IMG]

Damnit, they refuse to spawn for me. Even had some one (I don't know his name on here, only his PSN) show me his trick to getting them to spawn (and he managed to grab three or four for me doing this even). Tried it myself and got it to work all of once :/. I am wondering if you can't mod the dubsta you use to try to bring them out (the one time I got one to spawn I was using one of the modded dubstas he had given to me that I hadn't insured or changed anything on).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Damnit, they refuse to spawn for me. Even had some one (I don't know his name on here, only his PSN) show me his trick to getting them to spawn (and he managed to grab three or four for me doing this even). Tried it myself and got it to work all of once :/. I am wondering if you can't mod the dubsta you use to try to bring them out (the one time I got one to spawn I was using one of the modded dubstas he had given to me that I hadn't insured or changed anything on).

nah, I've had them spawn with a slightly modded dubsta. Should be ok, or you can just use one of the other ones you've collected.

I have a Dubsta2 in my garage just to help make them spawn. That's all I use it for lol.

RJVoG0Ma_E-R8paOjN54dg_0_0.jpg

Spawning them, 7-15 hours
http://xboxclips.com/StormLord/d9c33e1e-99cd-4eb6-a223-b96b2b5c6ca1

Its harder to get them to spawn when you don't have a Dubsta2, but once you do its easy (ps4 and xbox)

Ullus

I assume you mean the trick where you go up the hill between like 7am and 12am? That didn't work for me at first, but if you go at the same speed as the traffic it should work.

I keep seeing people talking about Dubsta spawning. Why do you do it? Quick cash?

If anyone's interested in playing some missions online over the weekend. Add my GT: Zombie Lyle

The sad horn trick doesn't actually work on the D2's.

It actually does. You need to go into "Suspension" and change it to stock which costs $160. Then go to horns, select the sad horn which is free. Then go back to suspension and re-select the custom suspension the D2 came with. If you exit the garage before you re-equip the suspension back you will need to buy it again for like $4000 or something.

Damnit, they refuse to spawn for me. Even had some one (I don't know his name on here, only his PSN) show me his trick to getting them to spawn

That would be me :p I'll make a youtube video with detailed instructions for you and all gaf members in the next hr. Most of the videos online regarding the Dubs is the old way of doing it.

Tigress

That would be me :p I'll make a youtube video with detailed instructions for you and all gaf members in the next hr. Most of the videos online regarding the Dubs is the old way of doing it.

I swear I did everything you mentioned, only one showed up for me ever. It feels like those dreams I have where I think I should have control but nothing happens (I have had dreams I can control so it drives me nuts when I do realize I'm dreaming and want to control it but my mind refuses to listen to my input). I know, that's kinda a random statement, but that's what it feels like to me (Where you think you should have control but the magic isn't working).

The sad horn trick doesn't actually work on the D2's. They are however the most profitable vehicle's you can pull off the street.

Nope, it does work (I thought so too but CatDaFelix set me straight). Pay for the stock suspension, then go get the sad horn, then go back and get the suspension that came with the truck (But don't leave customs before doing this or you'll have to pay for that suspension). Voila! You know have a ~36k dubsta ;).

I hope they don't fix the sad horn glitch. I don't really like doing the glitches that get you a ton of money at once but I don't mind small glitches like the horn one because I do feel they are too stingy on payouts (*cough* encouragement to pay for MTs *cough*) in general and it kinda helps fix that.

GTA Online Chrome Dubsta Location/Spawn trick + (horn mod/suspension)

This is the best way to spawn these rare SUV's and to make them modded with the horn and then sell them. Until RS patches the horn trick it's the most expensive car online to sell.

Youtube link: http://youtu.be/Gg24T9k-_Ys Switch it to HD. The video will show you all these steps with multiple spawns and a car sale at the end with the horn mod.

Spawn Time: 7:00am to 3:00pm (15:00). Make sure you are at max range before 7:00am and then head towards the location right at 7:00am or later.

Spawn Location:

I4qietI.jpg

This Dubsta Chrome will always spawn at this location. It pulls out of the driveway and pulls up to this 2 way stop. The best way to stop it is too stop right in front of it before it turns. If you don't catch it, it will turn left or right so you will need to chase it down. The trick if it does drive away, do not crash into it as the driver will take off faster than other peds. If you only block it. It will stop.

HdQJq9B.jpg

To spawn these Dubs is to have one. You can mod a Chrome Dub (I'm not sure about a regular non chromed Dub). Change it anyway you like and it will always spawn them.

The Chrome Respawn:

To re-spawn a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on. It's all about distance from the actual spawn area. In my youtube video the ideal spot is this far away.

7oWk6Jv.jpg

As you can see my custom chrome is blocking the spawn location and I'm in another random car. This trick works where the custom chrome is already parked there so I just have to drive up again. This can be done more than once during the time frame.

Chrome Spawn Issues:

There's certain factors in the spawn where if you have more than 1 person in the car or near the area at the sametime. It's still better to do this solo method or atleast have 1 player waiting at the max range of the spawn and switch out cars with each other.

There's also times where this chrome will not spawn at all. I have no idea of the factors to produce this. If your on a 2nd run in a random car off the street and drive to your custom car nothing will spawn. The best thing to do is just get into your custom Dub and drive the max distance and come back. Some of the spawn times vary. I've seen nothing after 11:00am and max 15:30.

Selling the Chrome Dub (with horn mod):

You need to go into "Suspension" and change it to stock which costs $190. Then go to horns, select the sad horn which is free. Then go back to suspension and re-select the custom suspension the D2 came with.

DSm8elx.jpg

6817XEX.jpg

rHIJXmj.jpg

Misc Stuff:

I have 2 Apartments/10 car garages that are close to this spawn area and I can quickly move the Chromes into my garage and go back out again. That's 20 spaces (my custom dub is in another 10 car garage). That's a total of $36,250 x 20 = $725,000.

Sorry about the quality of the images above. It's actual video screencaps from the video off the PS4 and not saved screenshots.

Tigress

Damnit, I was all set to try to get the modded Dubsta to show up today (even watched some one's suggestion on it) and apparently my BF forgot to pay the internet company! And he doesn't have time to deal with it til he gets home (I'd frikking do it for him but if it is a mistake I won't know to contest it and harder to get your money back once you already gave it to them).

Oh well, least I still have my phone for internet (but I can't play GTA online through that!).

Why does this stuff always happen when I have the day off?

I just cannot seem to get the Dubsta 2 to spawn for me. First i drove around the spot in a normal Dubsta from 7am to 5pm. Nothing.

Then a modified Dubsta..then again in a normal car. Again...nothing.

I even tried driving at slow/traffic speed...but even that didnt work :(

I just cannot seem to get the Dubsta 2 to spawn for me. First i drove around the spot in a normal Dubsta from 7am to 5pm. Nothing.

Then a modified Dubsta..then again in a normal car. Again...nothing.

I even tried driving at slow/traffic speed...but even that didnt work :(
Have someone with one join you in an invite only game . It should spawn with theirs driving around in their game. The Dubsta 2 doesn't spawn in last gen consoles.
I could add you, I have all the versions. Let me know what system you're on.

torontoml

Man you guys just need to get the one, then hold on to it. In the 8 game hours it spawns I can get 8 of them if nothing goes wrong. Plus one more sometimes at the closest ls customs, no idea what makes vehicles there spawn.

That's a question, the downtown ls customs shop, I have had a customized gauntlet, ruiner, sabre turbo and chromed/gold dubsta show up outside the garage. Approximately the same price 7-9k, regular 23k for dubsta. There was a dominator that showed up once was 19k before glitches.

Anyone know how to spawn them regularly?

Top Bottom