• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Downloading now in MT timezone PS4. 4.75GB.

It's not a store update since it's a game update.

Whoo page top, here's a post of you Lone (welcome back!) in the buzz and tigress in the tank :p

whCJdQM.jpg

gioGAF

I'm on. It looks like Dubsta farming is gone :-(

Edit: Bastards removed all of the Dubstas in my garage!!

Looks like most items are not going to be available from the get go, heists will need to be done. Hit me up y'all: Akuma_818

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Looks like most items are not going to be available from the get go, heists will need to be done. Hit me up y'all: Akuma_818

I had chromes in mine, but one look at the spawn area didn't get me any. Will need to check this out more.

Cronnie

Didn't have time to check the spawn point, but jumped on for a few minutes and can confirm one of my 10 car garages where I keep my chrome and gold Dubsta collection still has all 10 in there.

Completed the first heist with xenorevlis. Was pretty good. It was just an intro/beginners heist, though, so I did expect anything huge or complicated. We both received ~$57k playing on normal difficulty.

That reminds me, I need to buy a new mic if I'm going to playing with GAfers and randomers. The standard PS4 mic sucks ass, and my skype mic isn't compatible with the PS4.

aember

Completed the first heist with xenorevlis. Was pretty good. It was just an intro/beginners heist, though, so I did expect anything huge or complicated. We both received ~$57k playing on normal difficulty.

That reminds me, I need to buy a new mic if I'm going to playing with GAfers and randomers. The standard PS4 mic sucks ass, and my skype mic isn't compatible with the PS4.

Both 57k? Did you split it 50/50?

nikos

On top of that, there are Special Heist Completion bonuses that can only be achieved once per person, but will add some serious zeros to your bank balance. They are as follows:

First Time – Completing each Heist Finale for the first time, will net you a bonus cash reward
All In Order Challenge – Complete all Heists in order, including Setups, to receive a $1,000,000 cash bonus
Loyalty Challenge – Complete all Heists, including Setups, with the same team of players to receive an additional $1,000,000 bonus
Criminal Mastermind Challenge – Complete all Heists, in order, with the same group of players, without losing any lives, to receive a massive $10,000,000 bonus

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52401/setting-up-for-gta-online-heists

Having read that, would it be better to assemble a dedicated crew before starting any heists? That $1M loyalty bonus would be nice. Seems like you only have one chance to get it.

Ted

I'll try and get on before 4.30 then to do the tutorial heist as I believe that's a two man job then perhaps we can all have a stab at the more difficult ones later as a fireteam. I know Way will be prepared, dark suit and balaclava already donned no doubt.

I've got about 4m stashed in the bank so happy to fund anything required and I /promise/ not to blow up Way's car by accident, not more than once anyway. :)

Mastah

0_0.jpg

I want my character back :( Now I'm looking like this:

0_0.jpg

I'm kinda scared to see how my other 3 characters changed into some monsters, females especially :/

Mastah

It seems all these issues only appear in last gen versions. Hopefully Rockstar will fix it soon, because some of changes are just too much:

XJRo35I.jpg

2bXxZBK.jpg

aember

Yeah, $57k each. It was 60/40 originally, but I split it down the middle because I'm a nice guy. Lol.

I'd say keep it at default, the game even explained that you get a bigger split by default to compensate for the the lack of rewards for completing the setup missions + having to pay the starting fee for the heist.

e:
from the patch notes, this is for everyone who enjoys going on big mission sprees:
There are now 2 pages of jobs down from 3.
The first page will display only Jobs of the same type you just finished playing, including a “Random” option. For example, if you just finished playing Rooftop Rumble, only Missions will appear on the new first page, and you will have a “Random Mission” option.
The second page will show a random selection of jobs, similar to how the Next Job Voting Screen works now, to allow players to change Job types if desired.

Managed to complete all of the setup missions for the Prison Break heist...and just before we start the finale the servers start fucking up. ¬_¬

Typical.

I'd say keep it at default, the game even explained that you get a bigger split by default to compensate for the the lack of rewards for completing the setup missions + having to pay the starting fee for the heist.

e:
from the patch notes, this is for everyone who enjoys going on big mission sprees:

e:

The first page will display only Jobs of the same type you just finished playing, including a “Random” option. For example, if you just finished playing Rooftop Rumble, only Missions will appear on the new first page, and you will have a “Random Mission” option.
The second page will show a random selection of jobs, similar to how the Next Job Voting Screen works now, to allow players to change Job types if desired.

Perfect. This is what I've wanted since the game launched. Having to back out to free-mode so that I could start up another mission myself because there were no missions to choose from on the job select screen was such a hassle.

Oops, sorry for the DP.

aember

Has anyone gotten one of those free roam activities yet?

Been playing for a couple hours now (no heists since "1st run" crew is sleeping) and I've yet to get any.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52401/setting-up-for-gta-online-heists

Having read that, would it be better to assemble a dedicated crew before starting any heists? That $1M loyalty bonus would be nice. Seems like you only have one chance to get it.

Ooh, will hold onto this knowledge. Did the 1st mission with Felix, will wait till I know I can lock down the other 2 spots before doing the rest of them. Some of this is easy money, though I doubt we'll be able to do the no deaths part.

Ted

Some good changes in this patch and I've not even tried heists or looked at new purchasables yet.

"Client Invites" in the host menu are a great addition for getting friends of friends in lobbies, daily challenges sound fun and shooting stuff out of the sky or "making noise" is always good!

BobTheFork PS4

I'm going to be on and ready to play after work.
I'd love to get a full group to do all these heists.

I'm in OG GAF clan but there haven't been many people on.

I'm lvl 139 and fully armed.

Add me, invite me, whatever. Let's do this GAF!

Kalamari

The chrome Dubsta didn't spawn in the usual place, however the one I sold at LS Customs was worth quite a lot more money after the update.

I don't know if they changed the spawn location or increased its rarity. Hopefully a new trick can be found.

IIRC Dubsta now sells for ~$54k, ~$67k with the horn.

There's a modified Sentinel that spawns, sells at ~$44k.

After it wouldn't let me sell my previous modded cars I kind of stopped selling anything. Can you still make good money just finding and selling a local car every few hours?

Top Bottom