• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

I'm on the PS4, what's your name on PSN. I'm off right now and yea I hope R* gives me a reason to spend my 8 million--I know I only want 1 apartment so I'm going to sell my old one if new ones are being released.

Also what aim setting is the most popular one so I can always have a full lobby or job party? Is it free aim?
I know it'snot directed at me, but feel free to add me too, my PSN is in my profile here, but my name is pretty much the same wherever I am :D

Regarding money, and things to spend it on - I know you said you have one apartment already, do you have multiple garages as well? You'd never know it, but 30 car garages can fill up quick..! (I'd assume you do...since most with several mil in the bank usually have a LOT of what they want...) Aside from that, go for the collector route. Buy the slow planes and boats, or slow Pegasus vehicles. Buzz by people in them, the reactions are pretty great when you are taking a Mammatus barely over buildings when mayhem is going on in the streets. Or become a car collector. One of my garages has nothing but Sports cars in it. Two aren't modded, but I have the collection (plus 5 Comets in different color schemes xD), and to me I get enjoyment out of that.

Regarding aiming settings, I know a lot of Gaffers use total free aim. I do, mainly to get out of the easier death lobbies. It's no fun to have a bounty on you, while you are toying with people by letting them chase you, to have a guy hit you with a sawed off shotty as you scream past him at 120+ mph while he is on the sidewalk, with a single shell. It takes some getting used to for sure though.

GQman2121

Banned
Looking good, sound good.

ULwNKlO.jpg

Tigress

So they say it took a total of three hours. Does everyone have to have three hours to dedicate at once or can we finish a pre mission or two and then return later at some other time to do other ones?

http://www.gamesradar.com/gta-online-heists-first-ps4-hands-/

possible 10 mil payout for playing all on hard with no deaths

If you're looking for a perversely difficult challenge, however, online heists have got you covered. The Criminal MasterMind Challenges require you to finish every heist in order without losing a single crew life on Hard difficulty mode (we played on normal). One death, and it all starts again… even if you're eight hours in on the final seconds of the last heist. Ouch. On the flip side, the level of co-ordination and tactics required is a huge incentive… not to mention the staggering $10,000,000 prize for pulling if off. There are sub-incentives for other achievements ($100k-$1m), like playing all heists in first-person, completing heist finales for the first time etc. Every heist you complete adds new Versus modes to GTA Online (like Hasta La Vista, a pushbike-versus-truck race in a hoover dam with a fairly obvious movie inspiration, plus fresh ambient activities, like helping Trevor shoot planes from the sky).

I'm confused, are there 5 heists or 5 parts of 1 heists? Does it take 3-4 hours to complete 1 heists or all 5?
Multiple parts per heist. It took them that long to do one heist.

gtavheistshumanelabs14jpg-c261e2_zpseg0gchjy.jpg

I'm guessing there will be a lot of very expensive things to buy, maybe why they never fixed the horn glitch.

I hope the new items are not locked behind "if you completed a heist". I have the money, I would like to buy them.

Tigress

I hope the new items are not locked behind "if you completed a heist". I have the money, I would like to buy them.

Honestly, I think that would be kinda fair and I think good motivation/reward for playing heists.

I think there should be stuff that you have to play a heist to be able to get. I think it would make the game more interesting and more motivating to try to play and find others to play with.

I just hope I can find some one willing to have me on their heist team, heh (I'll try to do my best even if my best isn't that great :) ).

I'm confused, are there 5 heists or 5 parts of 1 heists? Does it take 3-4 hours to complete 1 heists or all 5?

I believe that there are 5 different heists, and each one has at least 2 setup missions and then one "heist" mission where you do the job.

IGN just played one of these today, and reported first time, it took about 3 hours to get through, but then they were able to do it much quicker after.

Symphonia

Banned
OK, to clear it up.

There are five heists. Each heist is broken down into five different stages/missions to set up and plan the heist. Planning of each heist takes place at the heist leaders apartment. Each heist COULD take up to 3 hours, but can be done in less with practice.

Kalamari

Hey guys!

Picked up the PS4 version yesterday in anticipation of heists after selling my PS3 version only a week after its disappointing online release.

Anyways, I am having fun with online and am looking forward to raising hell with you all.

Send a friend invite if you like, PSN: EvilKalamari

tuco11

Thinking about picking up GTA V on PS4. Played Campaign on 360 when it launched never played online. Is the online community still big? Heists sound awesome.

Thinking about picking up GTA V on PS4. Played Campaign on 360 when it launched never played online. Is the online community still big? Heists sound awesome.

Yep huge and very vocal.

They do sound awesome, to be honest I was only hyped about cool stuff being added to free roam but now I'm fully hypeed for heists.

Tigress

Bah! You just wanted to rob me of the chance to fly the heli! Don't lie! (Well that and snipe helicopter pilot. Don't worry, I understand, I love taking down the helicopter pilots... or shoot out their tail rotor).

(just poking fun at you. I was still laughing at the video you posted here).

Rembrandt

Banned
on XB1,which aiming mode has the most players. I'm usually able to get into a free aim assisted lobby with 30 players (are all free aim players in the same lobby or did they separate assisted/full/free, too?), but PVP and playlist are usually empty. There's a lot of cool shit I'm always missing out.

Tigress

'Criminal Mastermind Challenge – Complete all Heists, in order, with the same group of players, without losing any lives, to receive a massive $10,000,000 bonus'

Yes! lol

Wow, that sounds like it takes dedication. On the other hand, I think I'd never need money in GTA in a long time (though I suspect the new stuff will be significantly more expensive).

I wonder if you have to do all the heists in order with no loss of death with the same players on the very first attempt to do the heists? Like is it a one time attempt you can do to earn that 10 million?

Or if you mess up and lose a life if you can start over and try again?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Fair enough.

I'm not sure I need more than 10 million. Right now I'm saving up money because I don't have much to spend it on anymore (other than modding out vehicles).

Sigh... I'd be down to grind that Challenge.

Tigress

What apartment should I buy, I am looking at the high end ones. Can anyone suggest a few that have good views?

I like both my high end apartments. Unfortunately, I only remember the buildings they are in. One is Tinsel Tower and is the second most expensive old style high end apartment and the other one is in the Eclipse and I think it may be the most expensive old style high end apartment (I didn't like the new ones they added as much. You get way more views in the original ones as they are corner apartments so you get a view on two sides). I think that one was apt. 42 but I really can't help you on which one the Tinsel Tower one was (That was the original one I bought).

Tinsel Tower is great if you like watching action from your apartment on random servers as people like to hang out around that area. The other one has a view of a similar area but much higher/farther away but in general just has a gorgeous view of Los Santos (if we were talking real life apartments this one would have the view I would want).

Kalamari

I like both my high end apartments. Unfortunately, I only remember the buildings they are in. One is Tinsel Tower and is the second most expensive old style high end apartment and the other one is in the Eclipse and I think it may be the most expensive old style high end apartment (I didn't like the new ones they added as much. You get way more views in the original ones as they are corner apartments so you get a view on two sides). I think that one was apt. 42 but I really can't help you on which one the Tinsel Tower one was (That was the original one I bought).

Tinsel Tower is great if you like watching action from your apartment on random servers as people like to hang out around that area. The other one has a view of a similar area but much higher/farther away but in general just has a gorgeous view of Los Santos (if we were talking real life apartments this one would have the view I would want).

Thanks for the info. I decided to go with Eclipse apartment 40, it's pretty sweet, everyone should come over and drink my wine sometime. :D

Also, Akuma_818 introduced me to the art of Dubsta jacking yesterday, so now I am a hardcore Dubsta hoarder. Just gotta level up now and win some races.

Symphonia

Banned
Ggs, CyanideStrike. Thanks for showing me around and the other general violence.
S'all good, bruh, had fun breaking into the army base, chasing you down on the train, and mindlessly blowing your brains out, haha. Be sure to link me to the YouTube videos once they're uploaded - think we got some decent footage.

S'all good, bruh, had fun breaking into the army base, chasing you down on the train, and mindlessly blowing your brains out, haha. Be sure to link me to the YouTube videos once they're uploaded - think we got some decent footage.

Fort Zancudo fails.

Hilarious failure after failure, trying to steal a fighter jet from the base.

The violence that follows afterward.
Goooddammnnn that shitty ShareFactory degradation.

Things just kind of fell apart here. Chasing and killing each other around the North side of the map. The helicopter bit at the end is from when we decided to raid the airport and use whatever we could find to make it back to the military base. One of use got a fighter jet. The other, me... got blown up by the fighter jet. Unfortunately, the share function didn't capture anything leading up to it. So here's the helicopter going up in flames for everyone's enjoyment.

My guy is ready for heists, dressed in a black suit with a white shirt and black tie and of course a pair a black shades.

The four seater car of choice is the Exampler fully modded of course, painted in black and armour up to 100%.

Spent a fortune buying ammo, bullets, RPGs, sticky bombs, you name it I got it.

A choice of badass masks as well these heists are gonna be fun as heck!

Symphonia

Banned
Fort Zancudo fails.

Hilarious failure after failure, trying to steal a fighter jet from the base.

The violence that follows afterward.
Goooddammnnn that shitty ShareFactory degradation.

Things just kind of fell apart here. Chasing and killing each other around the North side of the map. The helicopter bit at the end is from when we decided to raid the airport and use whatever we could find to make it back to the military base. One of use got a fighter jet. The other, me... got blown up by the fighter jet. Unfortunately, the share function didn't capture anything leading up to it. So here's the helicopter going up in flames for everyone's enjoyment.
Awesome stuff, haha. Loving the ice-cold executions. Sorry again for blowing your chopper up, had a 4* wanted level, thought you were the pigs, aha. We'll have to do it again soon. We need more people next time, for sure.

Had a worldrecord screen at the end of a race today, can i check it on socialclub or somewhere else again, where it was?

Don't want to spoil the fun, but they are completely broken. I get one every few races, even when I obviously made a mistake somewhere. Fix that shit Rockstar.

Montresor

Can someone answer the following question?

Now that GTAV 360/PS3 has new achievements/trophies, I want to do the following:

1) Load up GTAV 360 and get some Online Heists achievements
2) Get GTAV on XB1
3) Transfer my GTAV 360 character from 360 to XB1. I'm already set up on the online Social Club web site. So I assume it will just be a couple of clicks on the XB1 UI to do the transfer?
3.a) When the transfer is done, my level/money will all be transferred over right?
4) Then play GTAV on XB1 like I normally would.

5) Here is where things will get awkward. Unfortunately I have this quirk where if I play a game on both 360 and XB1, for my own sanity I need to have the same gamerscore in both. I.E. In Tomb Raider Reboot I have 950/1000 in both the 360 and XB1 games. I'd like to make sure that continues with GTAV. What happens if the following scenario happens:

a) I transfer my level 35 GTAV 360 character to GTAV XB1
b) In GTAV XB1, I somehow (very much doubt this will happen) play enough of the online mode to get to level 50 and get the level 50 achievement.
c) Will I be able to go back to GTAV 360 and then get the level 50 achievement there? Will I have to start from scratch from level 1? Or from level 35? Or will I already be at level 50?

aember

5) Here is where things will get awkward. Unfortunately I have this quirk where if I play a game on both 360 and XB1, for my own sanity I need to have the same gamerscore in both. I.E. In Tomb Raider Reboot I have 950/1000 in both the 360 and XB1 games. I'd like to make sure that continues with GTAV. What happens if the following scenario happens:

a) I transfer my level 35 GTAV 360 character to GTAV XB1
b) In GTAV XB1, I somehow (very much doubt this will happen) play enough of the online mode to get to level 50 and get the level 50 achievement.
c) Will I be able to go back to GTAV 360 and then get the level 50 achievement there? Will I have to start from scratch from level 1? Or from level 35? Or will I already be at level 50?

Think of it as copy pasting your X360 character to the XB1. Now they're two separate characters, so whatever you do on XB1 doesn't affect your X360 character, who's been in stasis since you left him.

Kalamari

Hey, how do the unlocking of missions work? For example, I'm level 29 now but still don't have Lamar's Lost MC RIP mission that unlocks at 25. Do I have to complete his prior missions, or do I just have to wait for him to call?

Hey, how do the unlocking of missions work? For example, I'm level 29 now but still don't have Lamar's Lost MC RIP mission that unlocks at 25. Do I have to complete his prior missions, or do I just have to wait for him to call?

You just have to wait for it or be invited to it.

Top Bottom