• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

waypoetic

Banned
Jumping in.

EDIT: I knew it :') I knew that the servers would be fucked tonight, just like last night. They worked during the day, but now "The Rockstar game services are unavailable right now".

Will try to sign on tonight. Last night was a complete no go. My original evening plans were moved, and I'm hoping something doesn't encroach upon my newly freed up time slot.
Was that loading the game fresh, instead of going to sp? I might give that a shot. I stopped doing that with the PS4 version since it would always put me in the larger lobbies, and they take a while to load. Would rather go to sp, then join crew member in invite session, which takes a fraction of the time. Hopefully this method will be a thing of the past.

That was going into MP from the loading by pressing square. Before it always put me in large lobbies but I actually want to get in rooms with clan members. I thought it was a good thing, it's the first time I got into a clan room without having to load a normal lobby and go select clan room after the fact.

dedhead54

I was able to get the first setup for the first heist done and then the servers crapped out and I got kicked from the job. After that I was dropped back in an empty lobby and then eventually couldn't even connect. Fucking R*.

Posted another recruitment in the Heist Update thread. Likely going to cross post in the GTAV thread. Hopefully we will see plenty more fresh faces here soon!

waypoetic

Banned
Only having played the first heist i'm glad that they gave us who love to drive (and do it well) things to do that make us feel important - getting that chance to shine!

waypoetic

Banned
I'm "okay" with the servers being screwed up by this massive wave of players trying to get on etc, but i'm pretty annoyed by these bugs that showed up (i guess they're bugs anyways) with the new patch; like the "invite player (disabled)" and "join game (disabled". The reason it gives - for being disabled that is - is that you haven't completed the tutorial yet, and i'm like I DID THAT LIKE A YEAR AGO?!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm going to ready to play in an hour on ps4. Seriously, I want to wheelman for a crew so someone invite me to a heist.

I really want to play the other heists too, but worry so much about these loyalty bonus reward things. Had a reset message last night, which at least makes me believe that you have the ability to start over, and that you don't have "just one chance" to do them.

Also want the servers to work when I get home.

waypoetic

Banned
No. Transportation is a precise business.

transporter3_19.jpg

I am the wheelman.

I really want to play the other heists too, but worry so much about these loyalty bonus reward things. Had a reset message last night, which at least makes me believe that you have the ability to start over, and that you don't have "just one chance" to do them.

Also want the servers to work when I get home.

Well, here's the thing: You can't start which ever one you want. You have to progress through them story style before a replay. Even if someone else invites you to a heist, you have to do it yourself as the leader before you can replay it.

So basically I'm giving up on the reward bonus for a few days. Once I've lead all the heists and can replay them, THEN I'll worry about a crew and do them in order. It's kind of chaotic that way.

Either way I'm available. If you were planning on doing them all tonight I'm up for it.

Also I now for a fact you can re-do them for the bonus. You just need to do them in order.

My question is, how does the 2 man heist play into that? Does it not count because half of your 4 man crew can't do that one.

Jb

Ok the
aircraft carrier
setup mission for the 3rd heist is fucking awesome :) Laughed out loud when
danger zone
started playing after you and buddies take down a whole squad of
jets
over the moonlit ocean. Just perfect.

Essay

Well, that was a fun 7 minutes online. I talked to Lester at the warehouse and then got the boot on walking out, so we'll see where I'm at when I get back on.

EDIT: Guess it was a normal drop, no trouble rejoining. Heist time! :D

Cømet

Banned
So, uh, what's the major crew for gaf then? Been in some crew I joined drunk a year or so ago on 360, about time I joined the proper gaf crew.

EDIT: Found it. Neogang.

Prologue

Cømet;155582515 said:
So, uh, what's the major crew for gaf then? Been in some crew I joined drunk a year or so ago on 360, about time I joined the proper gaf crew.

EDIT: Found it. Neogang.

Oh, its not NGAF anymore?

bob, can you hear me?

LAM09

I recently started playing online, and I'm currently level 4. I looked for heists on quick jobs, but that option isn't there.

Do you have to play a certain missions beforehand, or can I only take part in heists if I'm invited?

Essay

I recently started playing online, and I'm currently level 4. I looked for heists on quick jobs, but that option isn't there.

Do you have to play a certain missions beforehand, or can I only take part in heists if I'm invited?

You definitely can't initiate the heists until level 12. Not sure if you can be called to them before then.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wait...so is there a 100% official NeoGAF PSN crew?

Yeah, but even then it's hard to get large groups to work together.

The Heists are driving me mad, between wanting to experience them the 1st time with the crew of people I run with, and the desire to see more of it when I might have more free time than others.

Lonestar! Dude, you and whomever else is free. RaymaNv8 and myself are in a closed friend server right now. We'd like to do heists - add me (xenorevlis) and join up if anyone is down!

MisterNoisy

Fantastic run with Pennybags, pyrogeek and another friend tonight. Knocked out the last two heists and good fun was had all around. XGAF is the best. :D

Symphonia

Banned
If any of the PS4 Neogang crew want to attempt some heists today, I'll be online from 10:30am GMT. I'll start a closed friend session.

Top Bottom