• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Ted

Got the tutorial heist done yesterday with Cyanide and then did a couple of contract missions (Effin Lazers is back!) and races with Cyanide and DireStr8s. Good fun guys. :)

I really need to concentrate more when playing as it took three attempts simply because I'm an idiot! First time doing the Fleeca run
I completely ignored the heli due to pick us up and just kept driving
and second time
I shot a witness (well, he was flailing his arms about and they got in the way of a bullet)
. Third times a charm though.

Just from that first heist I really think these have some really good content in them, the cut-scenes, the dialogue, the set-up, the involvement of all players, it's all very slick.

Looking forward to playing some more at the weekend.

EDIT:

Any advice on the fastest way to rank up a low level character?

Are there any efficient missions I could grind?

The tutorial missions should get you to about level 4. From there you don't have a huge choice of contact missions available (check the contact mission list in the OP) to host but quick joining other peoples hosted contact missions will get you where you need to be fairly quickly.

waypoetic

Banned
So, seeing as the first heist wants you to use a specific vehicle i wonder if all the cars I've gotten are useless as far as heists go? Don't spoil the contents of the other heists please, but are there heist specific vehicles given by Lester etc, and no room left for personal "heist specific vehicles"?

My Granger is going depressed...

Wanna welcome new members staticneuron, OrionCelsius, Whide, ExitPlanetDust, and slash3584 to the crew! More and more are coming each day. Once the initial heist fun is done, guaranteed solid teams will form up for those big scale challenges. Time to form some bonds.
Cømet;155582515 said:
So, uh, what's the major crew for gaf then? Been in some crew I joined drunk a year or so ago on 360, about time I joined the proper gaf crew.

EDIT: Found it. Neogang.
Wait...so is there a 100% official NeoGAF PSN crew?
I believe Waypoetic already mentioned, but the main official active crew is the Gaming Age Family. This was the main crew when PS3 came out, and what members of the NGTT (NeoGaf The Third) moved up from. I know NeoGang is still active though. I'm the leader of the Gaming Age Family (tag in game is NGAF), if you are not currently in the Family, send me a PM with your user names for PSN and the Social Club. I'll try to do some research as well, wee if I can beat you to the punch.
Wait, Neogang is NGAF, right?
No, these are two separate crews. See above! (This is just for clarity though, not necessarily responding directly to you Cyanide, just for others and the newcomers :D )

Any advice on the fastest way to rank up a low level character?

Are there any efficient missions I could grind?

I did it with races. Good money and rep if you win...if you win. Grinding missions can be tough to do the way they have it set up now but you should look online for a list of mission and when they open up. Any mission listed with a big payout (over 10k) will give great rep as well.

GQman2121

Banned
participate in a capture - hold daily objective

How do I do this?

You open your phone, select capture and then hope it throws you into a lobby where people want to play it.

Alternatively you pause, select jobs and then pick capture from the list.

The daily objectives are just that, daily tasks that you can complete during one in game day cycle for additional money and RP.

I'm told completing one consecutive weeks worth of objectives earns $500k. I can't confirm.

IMACOMPUTA

Cross-post from another GTA thread:

My friend and I are looking for 2 more for heisting tonight. We'll be playing around 6 or 7 central time.

If you might be interested, add me on psn.
Psn: IMACOMPUTA

Playing on Hard.

How long do you have to wait until Lester contacts you again with heist info? I cancelled the Prison Break heist so I could restart it from the beginning and he hasn't contacted me yet.

Yeah he was just annoying and not funny in the slightest, ok we get it you are creepy!

Well, from what I've seen he doesn't talk as much, or much at all after that. You may heard him on the initial phone call but after that the other heists seems to be given by other characters who do all the talking.

So how is the heists in the game. I kinda want to pick up the ps4 version to play online and do the heists. Maybe I'll try them out on the ps3 to see if I like it then maybe get the ps4 version.

Jb

The Humane Raid stealth mission is such a bitch. You have so little information on what alerted the guards and what their aggro range is -_-

Hoodbury

I'm still playing through the single player part and every once in awhile I'll get like a text message type of popup that has someone from my friends list doing something which looks like it's from the online mode. Is that them inviting me to do it with them? Or is it just a broadcast saying they are doing something?

I haven't even created an online character yet so I've never clicked those things.

I'm still playing through the single player part and every once in awhile I'll get like a text message type of popup that has someone from my friends list doing something which looks like it's from the online mode. Is that them inviting me to do it with them? Or is it just a broadcast saying they are doing something?

I haven't even created an online character yet so I've never clicked those things.

I think that's just the 'newd' feed saying that they did a heist. Is it a small black window? The invites I get are green and show up in my phone.

Hoodbury

I think that's just the 'newd' feed saying that they did a heist. Is it a small black window? The invites I get are green and show up in my phone.

I think it's a light green background. Shows up on the left side of my screen. If I open my phone it does show up under the job list.

I think it's a light green background. Shows up on the left side of my screen. If I open my phone it does show up under the job list.

Oh, that would be an invite. I'm surprised, I didn't know you could get MP invites in SP. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.

Akai__

Humane Lab
"Deliver the EMP"
is bullshit. Impossible to finish with randoms.

People never read or listen to the objectives...

gioGAF

Did part of the Prison Break heist late last night (no NGAF members around so my team had to use a couple of randoms who sucked). Unlocked the Savage and earlier on I also unlocked the Valkyrie. Both of these things are awesome. The passenger gun on the Valkyrie is beastly and the Savage rains death and destruction on Los Santos. Armored Kuruma will also be a mainstay in my garage from here on out.

Too bad you can't use many of these items on the heists themselves.

What box do i have to check to get rid of these constant invites? I wish i could invites ONLY from crew members, and not randoms.
Right? I also hate how when launching a race, mission, or heist it now says "quit session to check invites" and the first time I saw this, I did leave only to find out it was an invite from some random for... DARTS! Wtf

Anyway, about to jump on with RaymaNv8. In like 20-30 min. Added a few of ya (my active crew is Infinite Medium but I'm also NGAF).

Yeah he was just annoying and not funny in the slightest, ok we get it you are creepy!

Well, from what I've seen he doesn't talk as much, or much at all after that. You may heard him on the initial phone call but after that the other heists seems to be given by other characters who do all the talking.

Good. In that introduction heist, he talks to you for the *entire* car ride, especially when you're trying to concentrate on that little puzzle.

If he's going to talk to you so much, I was hoping it would be stuff that might relate into the main GTAV storyline, like mentioning things about characters or something, as GTAO is supposed to be before the events of the story.

Symphonia

Banned
Can we spoiler tag any details regarding Heist missions, rewards, vehicles, etc? Not everyone has done them. It's pissing me off that people are spoiling it for others.

Having to wait this long for Lester to contact you about the next heist is fucking bullshit. Some of my friends can't stay online for hours on end, they only have an hour or two to play games in the evening, tops.

Wtf stop spoiling the heists
I have to agree with this..

People, if you are going to talk about the heists, please include the name, and spoiler tag the rest of the discussion. There are loading screens with names of the Heists, so we all know that, but leave all the fun exploration and discovery behind closed doors for those that haven't played. Thank you in advance for your consideration for everyone :D

Personally, I know I won't be available to complete all the heists within the first week, and I would love to still be surprised when I do :)

Seriously...what the fuck is this shit? Why hasn't Lester contacted me? Is there something I'm supposed to do to trigger the next heist?

Ugh.

Were you the leader of the heist you pulled?

Yup.

I had already finished the set-up missions for the Prison Break heist, but I cancelled it before doing the finale so I could star fresh with friends later on. I hosted the tutorial heist, completed it, and now I'm waiting for Lester to contact me to start the Prison Break heist...but he just won't call.

Do I have to have a certain amount of JP to get the call?

Haha, wow. The servers are fucking up now. This is just great.

Fuck you, Rockstar.

Yup.

I had already finished the set-up missions for the Prison Break heist, but I cancelled it before doing the finale so I could star fresh with friends later on. I hosted the tutorial heist, completed it, and now I'm waiting for Lester to contact me to start the Prison Break heist...but he just won't call.

Fuck you, Rockstar.
Why didn't you just finish the heist and the replay it later?

Yup.

Fuck you, Rockstar.
I just did the first one...but starting later sections...don't you just have to go to your extra room and press right on the Dpad? The text messages were just to launch it from wherever I thought. Course, I could be way off, but I know doing the finale of the tutorial I just did what I just said, and that was it. Can anyone else chime in on this?

nikos

Doing the third and final parts of Prison Break. Anyone want to join? Just sent NGAF crew invite.

PSN is Nikos

Top Bottom