• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

hoy

Banned
holy fucking shit i never played this game, waiting for it on pc. just picked it up and patched it and it stutters and crashes all the time at differing spots before the dude snipes us in the snow.

windows 8.1 with latest drivers for my 7950. i tried to restart with different versions of directx in the game menu, still constantly tweaks out and crashes.

can't say i have ever head an experience like this. even when battlefield 4 launched i was lucky and was able to get in and play games.

Sarcasm

holy fucking shit i never played this game, waiting for it on pc. just picked it up and patched it and it stutters and crashes all the time at differing spots before the dude snipes us in the snow.

windows 8.1 with latest drivers for my 7950. i tried to restart with different versions of directx in the game menu, still constantly tweaks out and crashes.

can't say i have ever head an experience like this. even when battlefield 4 launched i was lucky and was able to get in and play games.

Turn msaa and v sync off. If you need v sync turn in adaptive in your graphics control panel. Don't use txaa. Fxaa should be fine.

Next attempts will to be adding the install location to your antivirus ignore list.

Then typical shadows and texture things.

Philtastic

My guess would be corrupted graphic drivers, especially when going from official release to beta drivers (assuming that's what you meant by "latest drivers"). Uninstall, clean up what's left with Display Driver Uninstaller (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), then reinstall. I always recommend using DDU for both AMD and Nvidia. It's been decades and they both still can't get driver installs/uninstalls right.

Anybody else just not feeling the game? I really like the well crafted map but the gameplay seems to be somewhat shallow and simplistic. I genuinely enjoyed Dying Light way more. 20% progress so far and very little motivation to go on. :/

Gruso

Anybody else just not feeling the game? I really like the well crafted map but the gameplay seems to be somewhat shallow and simplistic. I genuinely enjoyed Dying Light way more. 20% progress so far and very little motivation to go on. :/
This has been my usual GTA experience. From what I've heard, I really should push through for some of the later story elements, but I've always found the missions lackluster. I buy it for the sandbox really.

OrangeOak

So... I think I can't launch the game anymore. It tells me there's a problem with the update servers and even playing it offline won't work since internet is required for that too. Bought it off Nuuvem via VPN. :|

Did you resolve your problems? I want to buy it from nuuvem and I don't know if it's safe :p

Hip Hop

Turn off MSAA and Reflection MSAA.
Also turn off everything in Advanced Graphics.

Forkball

I beat the game yesterday. I say this is easily the best GTA title and one of the best from 2013. I was skeptical of the triple protagonist angle, but it worked well in the story and missions. The world is so richly detailed that I am eager to see what I missed.

There's no way I'm going to scavenge for letters, spaceship parts, and sub scraps though.

Anyone get the Merryweather heist bug and fix it? I'm stuck looking at the tanker after blowing it up. Changing processor affinity and alt-tabbing are doing nothing.

Vuze

Anyone get the Merryweather heist bug and fix it? I'm stuck looking at the tanker after blowing it up. Changing processor affinity and alt-tabbing are doing nothing.
Not sure if it's the right one, but did you try turning on Landing Page in the settings and restart the game?

drotahorror

Dangit. I'm such an idiot. I've been putting off buying this since I have so much other stuff to play(and bought it day 1 twice already) but I bought it today to play with a buddy. Got it on GMG, didn't realize the DRM was R* Social Club til the second I sent the transaction through.

I honestly would have paid $15 more for the steam version. Should have just went with steam.

Is it still easy to party up with friends on steam though?

Also, is the social club required for Steam as well?

Salsa

kinda been wanting to go back to this a bit

do I bother with the
Trevor mom
stuff or do I just play MP with the gaf crew

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Does anyone else have issues with a controller always aiming your gun for some reason? It's acting like I always have the L trigger held down when I have a gun out. Is there a fix for this?

I switched to alternate controls and it works fine with the bumpers but I'd rather go back to normal controls.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
kinda been wanting to go back to this a bit

do I bother with the
Trevor mom
stuff or do I just play MP with the gaf crew

Completing it just gives a short cutscene. You should be able to find the van in front of hospitals in the city. Its worth doing just so you can have access to the save location again.

Vuze

So I just went online after excessively using ReShade + ScriptHook + Trainers & other asi scripts in "Online" Singleplayer mode and no ban yet. So I guess either I'm lucky or a bunch of people are just talking shit about being banned from online after using mods in the SP.

Mind you, I wrote a quick batch script so I can move everything in and out with the click of a button, so it's not like I had any suspicious files in the GTAV directory when I went online. Anyway, GTA:O has been pretty shitty for me, couldn't even get the first job (deathmatch) done because nobody joined after inviting via quick start lol. Time to get some friends aboard.

Do I have to use a trainer to unlock every outfit used in the game? I want to wreak 5-star-cop havoc in downtown Los Santos with Michael in his underwear but I can't find a way to get him into (out of?) that outfit even though it appears in the game.

So I just went online after excessively using ReShade + ScriptHook + Trainers & other asi scripts in "Online" Singleplayer mode and no ban yet. So I guess either I'm lucky or a bunch of people are just talking shit about being banned from online after using mods in the SP.

Mind you, I wrote a quick batch script so I can move everything in and out with the click of a button, so it's not like I had any suspicious files in the GTAV directory when I went online. Anyway, GTA:O has been pretty shitty for me, couldn't even get the first job (deathmatch) done because nobody joined after inviting via quick start lol. Time to get some friends aboard.

That TDM tutorial was a super dumb design decision that only worked at the very early launch of the game. Luckily once you fail out of that you should be able to just jump into the game proper. If you're not getting any calls from Lemar or Gerald, you might have to jump into a couple of missions with a friend to get it going. Sometimes the tutorial doesn't release you into the world for a while if you haven't completed that dumb TDM mission. Eventually it will release you into the world to run amok though.

And not having any suspicious files in the GTA directory is a very good way to avoid getting caught modding in Online. My guess is most people who are modding probably aren't doing that lol

so, I'm having a problem launching the game. it keeps asking for a validation key(which i entered when I first got the game) and it rejects it. can't play offline because it wants to be validated. sent a request to support last night, heard nothing from them yet. getting real tired of this shit.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
so, I'm having a problem launching the game. it keeps asking for a validation key(which i entered when I first got the game) and it rejects it. can't play offline because it wants to be validated. sent a request to support last night, heard nothing from them yet. getting real tired of this shit.

I have to go online once a week to validate through social club and then after that I can play in offline mode. I do not know if this is intentional DRM bullshit or if this is a known workaround. This is what I do and it works. YMMV.

I have to go online once a week to validate through social club and then after that I can play in offline mode. I do not know if this is intentional DRM bullshit or if this is a known workaround. This is what I do and it works. YMMV.

you mean through the site itself? how do I do that?

edit: tried it but no dice :(

shiyrley

Banned
So... I already posted this on the modding thread but I though more people need to know about this. If a moderator thinks this is wrong, then I'm sorry and feel free to just remove this post from here.

Modding GTA V is now officially not permitted, if this source isn't wrong. They changed the EULA. Not just GTA online which would be fine, no, GTA V in general.
To justify the banning of players, some Rockstar representatives are referring players to the EULA where the following can now be found:

You agree not to:
[..] reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rockstar-changes-eula-can-ban-players-for-modding-gta-v.html

Dangit. I'm such an idiot. I've been putting off buying this since I have so much other stuff to play(and bought it day 1 twice already) but I bought it today to play with a buddy. Got it on GMG, didn't realize the DRM was R* Social Club til the second I sent the transaction through.

I honestly would have paid $15 more for the steam version. Should have just went with steam.

Is it still easy to party up with friends on steam though?

Also, is the social club required for Steam as well?

It's Rockstar Social Club regardless of where you purchase the game. Only difference from the Steam version is how you launch it. The PC version has its own internal Social Club integration which you can access by hitting the Home button on your keyboard, or back/share+RB/R1 on controller. While you can use Steam to communicate with friends, you'll have to use Social Club if you want to send out invites through the in-game interface (no Steam integration).

You don't get anything from paying more for the Steam version other than automatic updates through Steam rather than downloading them directly from Rockstar.

drotahorror

Thanks, I just like things all in one place and the steam achievements that go along with it. No big deal though. Appreciate the info.

drotahorror

Man, this Rockstar Social Club downloader is horrible. I can download crap off steam or PSN or w/e at full speed and I can atleast browse the web. The R* one I'm struggling to load even simple text pages. It's like it's destroying my upload or something as well.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
It's Rockstar Social Club regardless of where you purchase the game. Only difference from the Steam version is how you launch it. The PC version has its own internal Social Club integration which you can access by hitting the Home button on your keyboard, or back/share+RB/R1 on controller. While you can use Steam to communicate with friends, you'll have to use Social Club if you want to send out invites through the in-game interface (no Steam integration).

You don't get anything from paying more for the Steam version other than automatic updates through Steam rather than downloading them directly from Rockstar.

And, like i noted above, you can put Social Club offline, but eventually (weekly) you have to connect to the mothership again to reattain your license. I guess this is how they can figure out you've been having more fun than they wanted you to.

Qassim

I'm fairly sure it has some Steam integration, I'm pretty sure I've pressed "join game" via my steam friends list and had it work.

Wrong.
Edit: I still love you.
I'm fairly sure it has some Steam integration, I'm pretty sure I've pressed "join game" via my steam friends list and had it work.
Right.

So... I already posted this on the modding thread but I though more people need to know about this. If a moderator thinks this is wrong, then I'm sorry and feel free to just remove this post from here.

Modding GTA V is now officially not permitted, if this source isn't wrong. They changed the EULA. Not just GTA online which would be fine, no, GTA V in general.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rockstar-changes-eula-can-ban-players-for-modding-gta-v.html

If true, this is terrible news. All it's gonna do is encourage a ton of piracy(even more than normal) from people who want to be legitimate customers to play a game that as a series has a history of mods being accepted. It'd be a terrible move in my opinion and they should seriously reconsider it. I have a legit copy, but I'd be super annoyed to have to download a pirated version just to play the game how I'd like. Or I could choose to never update again, but as it stands performance isn't quite where it should be and needs to be addressed.

Philtastic

Shout out to Zoolader for a successful prison heist! Took a bit with the plane guy dying a bunch but, once we got over that, smooth sailing.

I'm currently having activation problems with my game and I'm starting to wonder if it's because I modded single player. if this is the case then me and R* will be parting ways which is a shame.I've bought all 3d era gta games and most of thier side games, would suck to blacklist them because of their pride but what can ya do?

How do the people being mocked/referenced in the thread title feel? Were any of their posts serious?

At least one of these people had a post history that backed up the idea that he was being dead serious. And I'm sure he's truly concerned that such a classical piece of art like GTA V is being made to be too "gamey" and not "cinematic enough".

drotahorror

Sick, this rockstar downloader only downloaded 1gb while I slept. This program is the worst I've ever used for an installer.

Hogs bandwidth when you're using it (can't even load text sites)
Disconnects frequently and then won't reconnect

Good program.

Does anyone have the rebreather and night vision goggles available to them for free?

I found out about them yesterday, watched a video of someone buying all 20 rebreathers for 4k a piece, I went to ammunation to do the same but I could get them all for free, including night vision goggles and all the earpieces... what gives is it a glitch or did R* decide to be kind?

I think i'll keep stocked up on rebreathers just in case because they can cost nearly 90K to buy all 20

iNvid02

i wanna say i got them for free too after doing the heists. the night vision goggles are great in free roam, makes it easier to spot those slippery bastards who just want to kill you repeatedly

I'm running out of stuff to do in single player. I'm starting to be tempted to try online, despite never playing games like this online.

I just did the 30 minute triathlon.
crazy.gif

there's plenty to do online, the missions and heists are the main draw for me, but you could just play tennis, parachute and race with other players etc, worth checking out for sure

Zeth

I'm running out of stuff to do in single player. I'm starting to be tempted to try online, despite never playing games like this online.

I just did the 30 minute triathlon.
crazy.gif

My bad, that's better than I thought I'd seen. Now I'm also kicking myself for not picking up the Steam version just to save $15. Oh well.

Top Bottom