• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Zoolader

It was nice doing some of those heists last night and fattening up my bank account for once. I was able to buy a 10 car garage and still have about half a million left over to think about how I'm going to spend. I'm going to look at some videos online about bawsaq and see if I should invest.

If anybody wants to play some heists today I should be getting on a little later. Add me on RSC, Zoolader.

Does anyone else have problems with the game saving your online character tattoos?
Sometimes I login and there's 2 or 3 tattoos missing, I have to buy them again everytime.

Agremont

I get "Social Club failed to load due to an incomplete installation" (code 16) when I try to start the game now. The game worked fine a couple of days ago. I've followed all the steps in Rockstars support but no luck.

Any ideas?

Did the prison break heist yesterday

Holy shit GTA Online is gooooood

That's the only one I've done. It's really what I had envisioned and hoped for with GTA:O since it was announced (even before, really).

I played with three other strangers and it was, in a way, cooler to have completed it without a hitch because 1) there's so much that can go wrong in modern GTA (not for bad reasons, but because of consistent "realistic" physics) and 2) it was like heist/crime movies where people working together on a job don't know each other and there's always the possibility someone else is unstable or a backstabber, and the only thing everyone has in common is their desire for money.

At least one of these people had a post history that backed up the idea that he was being dead serious. And I'm sure he's truly concerned that such a classical piece of art like GTA V is being made to be too "gamey" and not "cinematic enough".

Yeesh. Hope he realizes how ridiculous that viewpoint is at some point.

i wanna say i got them for free too after doing the heists. the night vision goggles are great in free roam, makes it easier to spot those slippery bastards who just want to kill you repeatedly
i thought you unlocked them to buy after that heist, in that you couldn't even buy them prior to doing it. can anyone confirm?

It was nice doing some of those heists last night and fattening up my bank account for once. I was able to buy a 10 car garage and still have about half a million left over to think about how I'm going to spend. I'm going to look at some videos online about bawsaq and see if I should invest.
Stock market isn't available in GTAO unfortunately

Every single damn time I load the game, it goes to the online mode. I don't want it to do that. When I save as Trevor, and load the game as Trevor, I want the game to immediately take me back to Trevor. What gives?

Every single damn time I load the game, it goes to the online mode. I don't want it to do that. When I save as Trevor, and load the game as Trevor, I want the game to immediately take me back to Trevor. What gives?

Are you launching it from a shortcut or from Steam? Because if either of those are true you might be using the -straightintofreemode startup parameter which does what you're talking about. Also, if you're on Steam, make sure that when you click the game you're clicking the SP button and not the Online one in the Steam message box.

I can confirm. They were never available until I completed the related heist, then they were buyable. When I switched to PC with the same character, they were all suddenly free.
huh then I guess it's either an oversight or some kind of gift for returning players. oh well, i'll stock up while they're free for when i want to mess with some bounty hunters >:)

you can change what game mode it loads into. from loading straight into story, if you saved the game manually with the bed or with the phone you will 100% of the time load into that character.

when switching online to story mode though, it's not so much 'loading' your game save but doing a character switch to the story mode character from the online mode character. it is R*s aggressive way of making sure game immersion isn't broken by making things feel more seamless and that the characters are living their lives while you aren't playing them, which has the unfortunate side effect of putting them in annoying places, with different clothes, and like you said, loading into characters you might not have wanted to play as.

Are you launching it from a shortcut or from Steam? Because if either of those are true you might be using the -straightintofreemode startup parameter which does what you're talking about. Also, if you're on Steam, make sure that when you click the game you're clicking the SP button and not the Online one in the Steam message box.

I'm already in the game. I go to Trevor's house, save, do something stupid or want to load for whatever reason, and the game loads as my online character.

you can change what game mode it loads into. from loading straight into story, if you saved the game manually with the bed or with the phone you will 100% of the time load into that character.

In the settings under Saving And Startup, my options are Landing Page On, Startup Flow: Load into Story Mode, and Autosave On.

Like I said...I'm not even leaving story mode. I save in story mode, die or something, load the game from the menu, and suddenly I'm online. It sucks, tons of wasted time every load.

Also the problem is un-googleable. Either nobody else is having the problem or the search terms are too common.

Tendo

Thinking about getting a second 970 to sli with because of the batman/witcher deal. Any word how this game runs in sli with 2 970's?

I'm already in the game. I go to Trevor's house, save, do something stupid or want to load for whatever reason, and the game loads as my online character.

In the settings under Saving And Startup, my options are Landing Page On, Startup Flow: Load into Story Mode, and Autosave On.

Like I said...I'm not even leaving story mode. I save in story mode, die or something, load the game from the menu, and suddenly I'm online. It sucks, tons of wasted time every load.

Also the problem is un-googleable. Either nobody else is having the problem or the search terms are too common.
that is weird AF, i've never heard of that, hope you sort it

Nobody will know till release. Plus 3.5GB VRAM issue.
nobody will know how the game runs with 2 SLI'd 970s? o_o

probably better to ask in the performance thread Tendo

That's the only one I've done. It's really what I had envisioned and hoped for with GTA:O since it was announced (even before, really).

You should play Humane Labs and the Pacific Standard Job, they're even better than the Prison Break! Although the Pacific Standard Job can be pretty rage inducing at the end if you're playing with randoms, because so many people are terrible at riding motorcycles in this game :(

Pacific Standard is also where the real money is made. A top-tier Pacific run can net the crew over $300k each across setups and finale and up to half a million for the Heist leader. But you really have to be on your game to get close to that payout.

If anybody wants to play some heists today I should be getting on a little later. Add me on RSC, Zoolader.

I'll be down for some heists. I joined on your world last night but it looked like you were in the apartment probably setting up heists.

Has anyone been able to install Reshade + SweetFX on a Steam copy of this game? I've been trying to for days but every tutorial online tells me to use the Reshade installer and direct it to PlayGTAV.exe, which doesn't exist in the Steam version...

seph1roth

Hi guys, so i have a question, does this game have an online check? Like the Xbox One on its presentation?

I readed a lot of people saying that GTA V on PC cannot be played if doesn't have online conectivity, even for the single player due to the online check.

Is that real?

Thx ;)

Anyone want to do the prison break? I have one setup left before the finale

Me. I'll be on in 5 mins.

Hi guys, so i have a question, does this game have an online check? Like the Xbox One on its presentation?

I readed a lot of people saying that GTA V on PC cannot be played if doesn't have online conectivity, even for the single player due to the online check.

Is that real?

Thx ;)

I got you... If you have the Steam Version that is. Not sure how with any other versions but I'm sure there is a workaround out there, I'd imagine a lot of the people that pirated this aren't playing it online.

seph1roth

Me. I'll be on in 5 mins.

I got you... If you have the Steam Version that is. Not sure how with any other versions but I'm sure there is a workaround out there, I'd imagine a lot of the people that pirated this aren't playing it online.

Nope, it's the Social Club version, i mean...without steam.

I don't know if the game has a online check every day or 2 days, i read a lot of people complaining about it.

Hey, I just requested to join the Neogaf group. Not sure if there's anything else I need to do. Just want to hang out for cool times!

I haven't even done any heists yet, just got this game a few days ago. Hopefully I won't be useless.

drotahorror

Still battlin with Rockstars piece of garbage downloader. If it's not disconnecting left and right it's actually disconnecting ME from my network. I have to reset my modem and everything or nothing will connect (only on computer, wifi picks up fine on other devices). What a terrible way to download a game. Shit is worse than GFWL.

Skyzard

Banned
Has anyone been able to install Reshade + SweetFX on a Steam copy of this game? I've been trying to for days but every tutorial online tells me to use the Reshade installer and direct it to PlayGTAV.exe, which doesn't exist in the Steam version...

I got it working...but I didn't follow the guide. Just copy and pasted the relevant files into the folder (except I renamed the reshade64dll to d3d11.dll iirc)...has been more than a few days and I later removed it as the postfx in gtav is great and the smaa was giving me a 10fps hit without much, if any, improvement in aa with my settings.

Tensketch

The negative steam reviews are piling in. People are not happy that mods are now banned. Some are even claiming to be banned from online before they've even played it, just because they have mods installed.

I haven't played online yet and I'm dreading it. I can understand that online mods should be banned, but mods altogether? Not a good move, it's the only reason I double dipped on this damn game.

satori

I sent an invite to join the crew a few days ago. I am playing with 2 other close friends and we constantly have to deal with pugs which at times makes doing Heist a chore.

Anyways would love to get an invite to the GAF crew and get some online in :)

Pulled off a clean Pacific Standard Heist on Hard.

Grabbed all the money instead of having two people do it and just drove to my garage to grab a Kuruma.

cCunSBf.jpg

Zoolader

Grabbed all the money instead of having two people do it and just drove to my garage to grab a Kuruma.

cCunSBf.jpg

Damn I need a heist with that kind of bank. This sounds like a strategy I could use in the future when I get to it, thanks.

Even if you don't use the Kuruma Method, having one person carry all the money is a way better plan than splitting it up. Congrats on the full payout though. Also looks like someone needs to adjust their "safe zone" settings for UI ;)

Last night Retuobak and I pulled off a super clean Hard Humane Labs run with a couple of excellent randoms. The heartbreaker was we just missed the Elite challenge on hard by a little over 1 minute. Had the other guys got to the chopper a little faster at the start, and had one of them not been wearing heavy armor, we probably would have made it.

Kabouter

Even if you don't use the Kuruma Method, having one person carry all the money is a way better plan than splitting it up. Congrats on the full payout though. Also looks like someone needs to adjust their "safe zone" settings for UI ;)

Last night Retuobak and I pulled off a super clean Hard Humane Labs run with a couple of excellent randoms. The heartbreaker was we just missed the Elite challenge on hard by a little over 1 minute. Had the other guys got to the chopper a little faster at the start, and had one of them not been wearing heavy armor, we probably would have made it.

Yep, was great fun doing that heist. Question actually, how much do you get when you complete an Elite challenge?

cCunSBf.jpg

Teach me your ways, Sushi...

I still haven't finished a single heist on PC yet. Sick and fucking tired of randoms who don't know what they're doing, or people quitting halfway through the mission.

Yep, was great fun doing that heist. Question actually, how much do you get when you complete an Elite challenge?

Extra $100,000, and it's totally repeatable, unlike the first time payout. Humane Labs is arguably the easiest one to achieve, as the requirements are the least susceptible to random elements (other than just the drive there).

Edit: $50k for the Fleeca Job, $100k for the rest actually.

Kabouter

Extra $100,000, and it's totally repeatable, unlike the first time payout. Humane Labs is arguably the easiest one to achieve, as the requirements are the least susceptible to random elements (other than just the drive there).

Edit: $50k for the Fleeca Job, $100k for the rest actually.

Dang, could've used $100k. I'm only halfway to saving up for a Hydra, still 1.5 million to go :p

Top Bottom