• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Pachimari

"DocumentsRockstar GamesGTA VUser Music"

Then head into the audio settings and scan.
Thank you for this. I'll do this when I get home.

Re: the bans. I'd been using the FoV mod basically since day 1 and didn't get banned. Of course I removed it once I heard about the ban wave just to be safe. Not sure if I'm just one of the lucky ones but I'd guess a lot of the people claiming they were banned for it were using trainers or scripthooks as well and not admitting it publicly.
Wait, so you can actually get banned for using mods that are not allowed? So that you can't play the game you have bought?

Of course, if Rockstar actually gave a shit, they would've provided dedicated servers to avoid this whole debacle. But nope, gotta stick with that godawful P2P system.

Oh come on now. They're doing what they think is best for their online platform, and that's understandable. I don't think that necessarily is described as "actively fighting against mods".

No, they're fighting against mods, simple as. They aren't doing what they think is best for their online mode (as I said, P2P system), they're doing what they think will keep more people buying their shark cards. The fact that mods and exploits to get money quickly are always the first things to get patched should tell you something.

kabel

271590_2015-05-03_00006-X3.png

I fucking love the Editor! Thank you R* for this PC feature!

Some 8K screenshots I made:
http://bunny-joe.smugmug.com/GTAV-in-8K-Wallpaper

The-Bean

There's absolutely nothing.

Should I name or organize my music files a certain way?

I'm not sure, it just works for me.

All my songs are named "01 - Song Title.mp3" and they all have the correct title/album/year, etc... not sure if that has anything to do with it. You can easily add the correct data to entire albums using Mp3tag.

Talents

Banned
Anyone wanna help me and 2 friends do "The Pacific Standard Heist"? We are on the last part where you rob the bank but we can't seem to get anyone who don't die instantly as soon as we leave the bank. Anyone competent want to help? We're playing on Hard. Add me if you want to help my social club is "Talentss".

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Has the crashing during the SP heists been fixed yet? Sorry, not staying up to date.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
They are banning people for fixing the FOV issues. A simple camera fix is getting people banned. Let that sink in.

They're not banning people for "fixing the FOV issues." They're banning people for playing online with files that modify the memory.

Your way makes it seems as if they're targetting people who are trying to fix a broken game. The reality is that they're trying to prevent people from getting screwed over by people exploiting mods to do bad stuff to other people.

The Stealth Fox

I would like to get some heists going. i need a consistent heist crew. Steam name Ranger Albatross. Need cash for an armored kuruma, since that seems to dominate

HowZatOZ

Banned
They're not banning people for "fixing the FOV issues." They're banning people for playing online with files that modify the memory.

Your way makes it seems as if they're targetting people who are trying to fix a broken game. The reality is that they're trying to prevent people from getting screwed over by people exploiting mods to do bad stuff to other people.
Understandable, I hate getting into online and being killed by invincible players. However their approach to game fixing mods isn't something we should rollover and accept, no matter how great of a developer they are.

They're not making the distinction between a 'simple camera fix' and any other type of modification that alters the game. Let that sink in.
That's also the major problem with a blanket approach, legitimate game fixing mods get caught up. I'm all for banning money mods or god mode as they aren't helpful nor fixing any problem (though the game is slanted towards buying shark cards), but Rockstar really needs to get out of this dark age of not supporting mods. Just look at Skyrim's success.

I would like to get some heists going. i need a consistent heist crew. Steam name Ranger Albatross. Need cash for an armored kuruma, since that seems to dominate

Need your Rockstar Social Club name if you want people to add you for heists. And I'd be totally down, always looking for a good heist.

They are banning people for fixing the FOV issues. A simple camera fix is getting people banned. Let that sink in.

What. They aren't specifically banning people who are using FoV-mods, they are banning people who are modifying the memory, which isn't allowed. Rockstar can't tell if you're cheating or tweaking the FoV.

I do think they should offer an option to increase the FoV though, but it's their game and if they want people to experience it in a certain way I can understand that. It's obviously designed with a low FoV in mind.

Of course, if Rockstar actually gave a shit, they would've provided dedicated servers to avoid this whole debacle. But nope, gotta stick with that godawful P2P system.

No, they're fighting against mods, simple as. They aren't doing what they think is best for their online mode (as I said, P2P system), they're doing what they think will keep more people buying their shark cards. The fact that mods and exploits to get money quickly are always the first things to get patched should tell you something.

Well, of course they're gonna hunt the money-exploiters. If they wouldn't there wouldn't be any (or at least less) incentive to buy shark cards, and people who bought them wouldn't feel they got their money's worth (ironic I know).

And of course they want to keep the economy balanced - money is pretty much the only incentive to play the game right now. If everyone had infinite money a lot less would play their game.

jWILL253

Banned
The truth is that the majority of the PC community doesn't really care that much about GTAO to stop their modding efforts. Bad design decisions with the mode aside, it has it's novelty as a multiplayer mayhem simulator, but that's about it for me. It wasn't worth all the futile grinding I had to do just to be able to afford ammo in the PS3 version before the hacking started, and it isn't worth it now.

Because of R*'s arcane stance on ANY kind of modding, singleplayer or otherwise, due to GTAO, they are risking the lifespan of this brilliant game only lasting a month or two on PC.

I'm really disappointed Rockstar has made so many of the vehicles such as the hydra and the attack helicopter online-exclusive. Some people like myself don't give a damn about GTA multiplayer.

I'm really disappointed Rockstar has made so many of the vehicles such as the hydra and the attack helicopter online-exclusive. Some people like myself don't give a damn about GTA multiplayer.

I think there's a mod that places them around the SP map. Or you could use the trainer to spawn them. Still shitty of Rockstar to neglect the SP in favour of MP though.

Am I the only one having serious online issues?

What's "serious"? There are systemic problems with the GTA Online that we all sort of just deal with, but maybe your particular problems are extra problematic.

-----

Good heisting last night to IamAwake & Retuobak. Love the Humane Labs run, some of my favorite missions in the game. Even when one of the ground team forgets to equip their rebreather ;)

FtHTiny

Does anyone know a fix to the problem when you can´t switch characters offline?
I also don´t get new dailies today.
I googled a bit and found out that these bugs where known on the console versions as well but couldn´t find a real fix anywhere.

TheRed

Anyone know how to fix the problem I'm having where i cant take a weapon out without it aiming automatically and forcing me to walk really slow? It's really frustrating and forcing me to stop playing for now. Searching google only comes up with discussion about auto aim, lock on and free aim.

I seem to remember in the last gen version, your online character would wear their masks in the cut scenes. But this isnt the case (for me) anyway on the PC version.

Top Bottom