• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

The Llama

Just got to 50 race wins yesterday and become addicted to the chrome haha. Also just won a rally race so I have the metallic stuff unlocked too. So good.

Sorry if I'm being impatient but could someone add Visualante to the GAF crew? I tried once and my request disappeared. Still no luck as of yesterday. Got my first apartment now, any suggestions on what to do next? I should have my first daily challenge when I get home tonight.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What's the fastest way to get to level 12 in GTA Online?

Friend and I started today. We've just been screwing around, lol.

Enco

Anyone know why the game locks up when in an online match and then kicks me out to the same match but alone with no one else?

Really annoying.

MrBig

We felt the need for a transit and tunnel map (for running from players and cops), so here's the result. If you would like to use them, please download them locally and use photo viewer to view them, do not repeatedly download them.

Here it is at 2k but other versions and the 8k map is at the link
wAZEVAb.png

Vuze

Script Hook V has been updated for the latest game version: http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

Game will be automatically closed if you're trying to enter GTA:Online with it activated since the latest version reports activated mods etc. (this includes FOV) in the online mode to R* and you will be auto-banned.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The health regen system is starting to annoy me. Hood Safari is giving me problems.
The speed of the regen itself would encourage sitting around doing nothing for long periods of time too much. Something like Online's snack system to recover everything else may have helped, though I didn't find too many instances in SP where health management is an issue versus getting unlucky in getting shot.
Well, for the people it's an issue for, it's not any better to replay the mission over spending time regening health. They could speed it up where it takes the same amount of time to get to 100% as it does 50% anyway. All it is, is a way to add difficulty. I was playing Saints Row The Third before getting GTAV and you could literally stand around getting shot a million times. There needs to be a balance, and it's not balanced well. This is where someone should say get gud, but, it's not wrong to want a lower difficulty.

Script Hook V has been updated for the latest game version: http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

Game will be automatically closed if you're trying to enter GTA:Online with it activated since the latest version reports activated mods etc. (this includes FOV) in the online mode to R* and you will be auto-banned.
Do you have a source for this? It was nowhere in the patch notes.

Edit: huh, there is a new 15,479KB patch today? That's 3 patches in as many days

Vuze

Do you have a source for this? It was nowhere in the patch notes.

Edit: huh, there is a new 15,479KB patch today? That's 3 patches in as many days
I'm sure no dev would put sth like this in their patch notes :p
I'll just simply believe AB who developed the script Hook (see this post, he mentions the report thing there: http://gtaforums.com/topic/788343-vrel-script-hook-v/#entry1067358108; as for bans simply check the GTA V PC subreddit, there are like five threads on the matter on the frontpage haha)

====

Anyway, I just finished the story for the very first time and while I totally love the characters and admire this unbelievably detailed open world Rockstar have built, I can't help but feel like that all of the endings were rushed.
I picked C - which I think is the "true" ending after having watched A and B on YouTube - but the pacing just didn't feel right to me for some reason.
All in all I think the story isn't a master piece but then again, I think that's the case for most open world games.

I'm sure no dev would put sth like this in their patch notes :p
I'll just simply believe AB who developed the script Hook (see this post, he mentions the report thing there: http://gtaforums.com/topic/788343-vrel-script-hook-v/#entry1067358108; as for bans simply check the GTA V PC subreddit, there are like five threads on the matter on the frontpage haha)
Yeah I guess I didn't expect them to specifically say "now we've made it so scripthook.dll doesn't work any more" :p

I see the bans. So it looks like R* can tell because they can monitor all in-game transactions and most events, and they have an automated system that flags suspicious activity that either autobans the player or refers it to a human to look into. Hopefully this means it's all still safe to use offline, if we start seeing bans of people using the original, online disabled script hook I will be mad disappointed in R*

Edit:

to those people using FOV mod, it looks like R* are not considering it fair game like I speculated above:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/34kwyp/gta_online_ban_megathread/, ctrl+f for FOV

so be careful using it online or using it at all for now.

Oreoleo

Re: the bans. I'd been using the FoV mod basically since day 1 and didn't get banned. Of course I removed it once I heard about the ban wave just to be safe. Not sure if I'm just one of the lucky ones but I'd guess a lot of the people claiming they were banned for it were using trainers or scripthooks as well and not admitting it publicly.

Jackpot

Banned
If I upgrade a character's personal car, is that permanent or does it reset to default every time it's ditched or destroyed?

The Cowboy

How is the Vacca to drive? Looks really nice.

Initially a bit slippy in the back end (especially when launching off) , but very nice once you get a few upgrades into it and learn to control the rear wheels on take off - its great for weaving around traffic.

Is there some way to alter your GTAO character's facial features? I was googling and I found nothing. I'm confused though, because just yesterday I was able to. I have no idea how, but I got to the character creation screen with my current character.

Xyber

Is there some way to alter your GTAO character's facial features? I was googling and I found nothing. I'm confused though, because just yesterday I was able to. I have no idea how, but I got to the character creation screen with my current character.

The game asks you if you want to change it after you have been playing for a while and that is a one time thing. You can't get back to that menu with that character again after that.

At least that's how I understood it.

Anyone who claimed that Rockstar borking the Script Hook after that patch was just an inevitability, and that they're not actively fighting against mods, is talking out of their anus.

CEAjEG3UMAA-jk3.png:large

This is great man. Holy hell I chuckled for 4 mins. straight when I saw this. Hahahahah.

I'm about to jump online and send out some Adversary invites to crew if you guys are interested. An Adversary match consists of unfair team balancing which is done on purpose in this case. One team consisting of one player(as an example) Vs. a team of 2 or 3. The one player team will have a weapon that can shoot pretty well at a distance, and the other team will have great short range weapons. So it becomes trying to find angles on your 2 adversaries or keeping cover whilst still moving toward your stronger single opponent. It's a lot of fun.

iNvid02

remember when people started freaking out prematurely about modding might not being possible in V - just show em that pigeon and whale gif, glorious

Edit: seagull my bad, should have known these fuckers
tumblr_n3u4ehuxcX1qewacoo3_400.gif

The game asks you if you want to change it after you have been playing for a while and that is a one time thing. You can't get back to that menu with that character again after that.

At least that's how I understood it.

Damn it, I went ahead and made some changes to my character's face, but now I hate how she looks.

How is the Vacca to drive? Looks really nice.
One of the most well done cars in the game IMO... The general feedback, sound, graphic model... how it looks with different colour paint or rims. Just overall one of the best quality cars IMO. I mean, it's rather subjective. But, for example, the Suranno (SLS) and 9F (R8) are not well done IMO (especially their models and how their fascias look like shells). In contrast, the Vacca, Bullet, and Turismo all have great models, sound, and handling -- everything from appearance to control feedback just feel right.

I always buy Michael a Peggasi Vacca and a Grotti Stinger. Just feel 'right' for him once he's
rich (as in, heist rich)
and
in the movie business

When I buy cars online ingame in single player then proceed to lose them/get them blown up, do they come back in my garages? Or are they gone for good?

The car persistence system is probably the worst aspect of the game outside of some of the floaty and janky controls. It's just so inconsistent and unintuitive and it isn't explained anywhere that I can tell. Once you buy a car, you should be able to just select and spawn it at your garage like you can with the Elegy RH8. And they should spawn with any modding you've done to that car.

Damn it, I went ahead and made some changes to my character's face, but now I hate how she looks.

I'm pretty sure you can reset your appearance by deleting your cfg.dat and pc_settings.bin in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\xxxxxxxx. Not sure if deleting pc_settings.bin is needed but that's what I did (along with cfg.dat) and I got a prompt asking me if I wanted to change my appearance.

Make a backup just in case.

Anyone who claimed that Rockstar borking the Script Hook after that patch was just an inevitability, and that they're not actively fighting against mods, is talking out of their anus.

Oh come on now. They're doing what they think is best for their online platform, and that's understandable. I don't think that necessarily is described as "actively fighting against mods".

One of the most well done cars in the game IMO... The general feedback, sound, graphic model... how it looks with different colour paint or rims. Just overall one of the best quality cars IMO. I mean, it's rather subjective. But, for example, the Suranno (SLS) and 9F (R8) are not well done IMO (especially their models and how their fascias look like shells). In contrast, the Vacca, Bullet, and Turismo all have great models, sound, and handling -- everything from appearance to control feedback just feel right.

I always buy Michael a Peggasi Vacca and a Grotti Stinger. Just feel 'right' for him once he's
rich (as in, heist rich)
and
in the movie business
It's funny you should say, because i'm quite particular about high quality modes too and I love the Surano for this reason. It's very well modeled imo and there is no clipping / lazy modeling for the interior doors + dash like there are for some other cars. The convertible animation is also great, and the running lights turn on and off with the headlights like is not the case with one of the ferarri looking models and the Coquette, which bugs me a lot.

in contrast, i think the Entity has poor modeling in some places like the headlights, and the zentorno looks like it has incorrect / bad normals on the back of the roof.

it's obviously totally subjective, i just thought i'd mention it.

Also, i guess i'm not the only one who buys what cars I imagine the characters would drive as opposed to the cars that I like the most :p I bought a silver Comet as Michael because i imagine he is the type of guy to drive a boring rich guy car like a porsche.

Ullus

Well I'm dumb, just made a new character and noticed that I had half a million, figuring that the preorder deal extended to new characters,so I went and bought a house and some cars. Switched back to my main and noticed that the money is shared. I'm broke now...

Enco

Is the only way to start an adversary mode through the phone?

Can't find them on the map. Seige mode is amazing.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Oh come on now. They're doing what they think is best for their online platform, and that's understandable. I don't think that necessarily is described as "actively fighting against mods".

They are banning people for fixing the FOV issues. A simple camera fix is getting people banned. Let that sink in.

Denzar

Built my new pc, and I'm just making sure... But Social Club also saves your single player progress in the cloud right?

Top Bottom