• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Who's going first person and who's going third person for their first playthrough?

I can't decide! :)
I played up till the Trevor missions on the 360, then decided the game was so awesome I'd put it aside until the PC release (cause it would only be a 6-8 month wait, right?) so this time I'll be playing first person so it will be more 'fresh', if that makes sense.

Addnan

Shit, this comes out tonight. I need to change my graphics cards around, have a fucking 750Ti plugged in right now because I wasn't playing any games
or lock down to 24hz to recreate old memories of this game. Hmmmmmm.

Salsa

the gunplay aint FPS level nor is it meant to be so it just seems like a frustrating way to go through the game

that + coupled with limiting my fov and not being able to see how I customize my character = meh

its a cool novelty I guess and nice of them to add it officially after being modded into GTAIV

but ey, we'll pay it back by being shitty about mod support in V! gg rockstar

Qassim

First person driving I think will be the main draw for me, but I'm definitely going to give first person on foot a try.

Fjordson

The first person view is awesome with all the added animations. And they added control options to make it feel good on a gamepad, so it'll probably feel even better with M+KB.

Driving is just not that great with it. I wish it was. Maybe a wider fov on pc will help it though, idk.

Didn't look that bad looking up free roam online sessions last night. Only time it looked awful was when they had some crazy hood scoop on that blocked the view. If I'm crashing all over the place on 1st person, I'll just switch to 3rd.

ToD_

I'm planning on upgrading sometime later this year, but I hope I can run things at respectable settings:

i5 2500k (4.5GHz)
GTX 580 (3GB)
8GB RAM

It doesn't help that I have a 1440p monitor. I'm thinking about just upgrading the GPU later this year. The i5 at that clock speed should last me a little longer.

FOV was my main problem on PS4, I'm sure it will be a lot better with wider one.

Yeah FOV in first person on the PS4 is like 55°, it's crazy close.

First person is actually somewhat useful for flying, especially in the jet. The aiming reticule for attack choppers and jets has never been that great in third person.

Zeknurn

So for all the people doing Nightride FM, are you using the download included with the videos and the .cue file, or are you finding each track to download individually?

Using a software to split the large MP3 file into individual MP3 files with the cue is the easiest solution.

Compsiox

Banned
When GTA V got delayed for PC:
dd5phizuuso8.gif

Then this happened:
ik49VlPshlPIz.gif

Now:
iK09ut2lpMZ3j.gif

4hgYc9q.gif

Derp

I just checked and it does list steam and even GFWL on their for linking. Seems that it already knows my Steam stuff from Max Payne 3 / La Noire
It doesn't. It'll only show up if you've already linked your account through Steam, in-game (which is why only those of you who linked it in MP3 can see it).

Don't expect them right away. I think Rockstar said they should/would be cool with mods that don't affect the online experience, but I am sure they will take their sweet time to release the mod tools. And then there's gonna be a whole bunch of people who will try to make mods for online anyway, which might delay the whole process.
That would be the hopeful interpretation.

When Rockstar is asked:
"What are you doing to support modding for V?" and they consider the pertinent answer to be: "Our primary focus is making sure that nothing detracts from the online experience."
I find it difficult to take away that they will allow/support single player mods. If that was the case, why did they not actually say so? There is absolutely no reason. It makes no sense to not mention that you're supporting mods, when that is literally the question that is being asked, and you know it would be good PR.

Suppose we'll know for sure within the week. Along with reports on what's up with the sketchy sounding DRM. I really hope all this stuff's not garbagey.

Mitch

Banned
My RSC launcher went completely blank earlier. Pretty odd. Hoping it doesn't have anymore issues while I'm away.

the gunplay aint FPS level nor is it meant to be so it just seems like a frustrating way to go through the game

that + coupled with limiting my fov and not being able to see how I customize my character = meh

its a cool novelty I guess and nice of them to add it officially after being modded into GTAIV

You do know there are multiple FOV sliders, right? The first person customization is extensive. It's definitely worth giving a try IMO.

Also, didn't they say they aren't going to kill mod support? As long as your mod doesn't break the game

Hawk269

Did not see it so if this is old news, ignore...

Nvidia just launched new Drivers for GTA V release with SLI compatibility.

IMO, the FPS mode in GTAV was better than 3rd person mode. Added a level of detail to the world that I had never noticed before... Seeing NPC's facial reactions to you, the insane details of things at eye level, and so on, it really made the world more believable to me.

Also the 1st person mode was done with ridiculous care and you notice a lot of touches that you'd just never notice otherwise

The gunplay isn't great in either, but with the deadzone tweaks, I'd much prefer shooting in first person mode. But it's not nearly as good as a true FPS game that focuses on gunplay.

IMO, the FPS mode in GTAV was better than 3rd person mode. Added a level of detail to the world that I had never noticed before... Seeing NPC's facial reactions to you, the insane details of things at eye level, and so on, it really made the world more believable to me.

Also the 1st person mode was done with ridiculous care and you notice a lot of touches that you'd just never notice otherwise

The gunplay isn't great in either, but with the deadzone tweaks, I'd much prefer shooting in first person mode. But it's not nearly as good as a true FPS game that focuses on gunplay.

Agree 100%

Soroc

Man a rift mod can't come soon enough!

Totally agree. FP mode is now my preferred way of playing GTA V and will be in future installments as long as Rockstar offers it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That would be the hopeful interpretation.

When Rockstar is asked:
"What are you doing to support modding for V?" and they consider the pertinent answer to be: "Our primary focus is making sure that nothing detracts from the online experience."
I find it difficult to take away that they will allow/support single player mods. If that was the case, why did they not actually say so? There is absolutely no reason. It makes no sense to not mention that you're supporting mods, when that is literally the question that is being asked, and you know it would be good PR.

Suppose we'll know for sure within the week. Along with reports on what's up with the sketchy sounding DRM. I really hope all this stuff's not garbagey.

It boils down to marketing. They probably still need to figure out a way to release mod tools but block modders from creating mods that work online, so that way they won't have to patch the game on a daily basis, which requires a lot of man power. If they can't find a way to do that, then they will likely not release mod tools at all, and that is probably the reason they haven't mentioned it in the interview, because that would bring bad PR.

Anarckhy

Neo Member
I guess as long as there are no official drivers from Sony...windows has no way of knowing it is a DS4

I am. I've also read somewhere that the PC version WILL support DS4/XB1 controllers. I'm still using InputMapper atm. Just download it, plug in your PS4 controller, and boom! It's recognized as a 360 controller with exclusive features like using the touchpad as a mouse, and the light bar indicator color changes to your liking.

Top Bottom