• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

laxu

It boils down to marketing. They probably still need to figure out a way to release mod tools but block modders from creating mods that work online, so that way they won't have to patch the game on a daily basis, which requires a lot of man power. If they can't find a way to do that, then they will likely not release mod tools at all, and that is probably the reason they haven't mentioned it in the interview, because that would bring bad PR.

I'm guessing they have no plans to release any modding tools as it's entirely possible that the existing 3rd party ones like OpenIV work with minor modifications. However we have to see if they have done something to prevent modding. I truly hope they've made something simple like modded game = no online and that's all. Then people could just cram two copies of the game on the hard drive or alternatively use something like JSGME to toggle mods off when they want to play online.

Anarckhy

Neo Member
GUYS CLICK CHECK FOR UPDATES IN NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE, THE GTAV DRIVERS ARE OUT! HYPE INTENSIFIES!
79defe7605001d91664df0f44ec86e0c.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Xposting from the Performance thread, any idea?

So, can anyone give me tips for moving the game from my HDD to my SSD once it's unencrypted?

I know I can cut and paste the files over, but then you have to delete the game from your library and Steam forces an integrity check which will take forever with 60gb.

Isn't there another file I can copy over so that Steam just thinks the game was originally installed on the SSD the whole time?

nowarning

Definitely going to play it in first person, it's one thing I've always thought would be a great addition to GTA titles. I've seen some mods for GTAIV but none of them looked "done" enough so I never checked them out.

Hoping the GTAO character transfer works right away, got 500k and some other stuff on my PS3 character that I'd like to bring over.

Derp

Damn, lol, for some reason I received it late :/
Yeah sometimes it'll alert you late. Most people (including myself) normally find out about the game-ready driver updates before GeForce Experience alerts us since we're constantly checking the forums.

Salsa

cool, steam account is linked to social club tho with a shitty old nickname

GTAIV, Episodes, Max Payne 3 and LA Noire all showing up

edit: was able to change my nickname to "salsa.", can only change it once per year apparently

now I totes regret that period and im stuck with it!!!

cool, steam account is linked to social club tho with a shitty old nickname

GTAIV, Episodes, Max Payne 3 and LA Noire all showing up

edit: was able to change my nickname to "salsa.", can only change it once per year apparently

now I totes regret that period and im stuck with it!!!

Likewise.

Just pre-ordered on steam and clicked remote install, at which point it took me to a page showing all my games. Do I need to do anything else or is it actually remote installing now? Anyway to check?

Lord Phol

Sorry for not keeping up to date but how does the rockstar social club version work? Does it launch from it's own DRM launcher like origins/steams etc?

But can the PC experience fill my streets with tons and tons of npc's in some areas? This is important to me, I hope that either in options or in mods we will have some great depth to adding tons and tons of npcs in certain areas of the world.... The area around the beach should be packed on sunny days on the boardwalk and ocean front areas.

Yes it will still be fun if some areas have tons of npcs in areas like the oceanfront.

artsi

I guess as long as there are no official drivers from Sony...windows has no way of knowing it is a DS4

Nah, it definitely has. Far Cry 4 can detect the DS4 and change button prompts according to it. It also suppords the touchpad.

Grief.exe

Nah, it definitely has. Far Cry 4 can detect the DS4 and change button prompts according to it. It also suppords the touchpad.

I want to see more and more games support this natively. At the very least, allow us to switch between button icons in the settings menu.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It is downloading at between 3-4MB/s, and the progress bar is almost halfway after two hours. So why is it saying it has only downloaded 5.8GB/60GB, and estimating 18hrs remaining?

Caayn

btw this still exists

we made it for Max Payne 3

and guess who leads

PRAISE

probably easier to use that for GTAV as well since there's already 30 of us in there
Invite sent, same name as here on gaf + underscore*, although I don't know how much I'll play online yet.

*Why require a minimum of 6 characters for a username? My current username is one character too short :( Ah well, time to add a pointless underscore to my name.

Cc23830

For those with the paitence to miss both last gen and current Gen get ready for the ride of your life.
Have fun people!

Salsa

for some reason the requests arent showing up on my end

social club is shitty so im sure they'll show up later or something

does anyone wanna be promoted to help me handle the requests?

Top Bottom