• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Sarcasm

So I played online for the first time yesterday. I chose a racing match because I figured it'd be the easiest to get a feel for online.

I was wondering if it was just my bad connection or are cars and players always rubber banding around during a match? I don't know why but it sounded like I got matched up with two Germans. I wonder if that had anything to do with it or just my bad connection.

Game is Peer 2 Peer, meaning host is actually hosting it. So yea long distances really ruin it.

In the next hour or two any Gaffers doing Heists? I have a mic! I can't use mumble it causes random processes on my PC to crash.

I really thought there would be more hair and beard options. Franklin gets a decent amount of hair styles but Mike and Trevor hardly get any, and that's with the bonus hairstyles from linking Rockstar Social Club to my Steam account.

UrbanRats

I really though there would be more hair and beard options. Franklin gets a decent amount of hair styles but Mike and Trevor hardly get any, and that's with the bonus hairstyles from linking Rockstar Social Club to my Steam account.
My assumption is that Franklin's extra hair are all texture/normal maps variations of really short hair, so they can do those very quickly, whereas Michael and Trevor would require much more work.

Drazgul

My assumption is that Franklin's extra hair are all texture/normal maps variations of really short hair, so they can do those very quickly, whereas Michael and Trevor would require much more work.

That's still no excuse. Should have at least similar level of customization than Skyrim did; R* has a vastly higher budget than Bethesda and beards are important!

CHC

Goddamn the Trevor / Michael hipster conversation is really funny, especially because at the time he was wearing cuffed jeans, a 70s polo shirt and a buzz cut with mustache.

inky

That's still no excuse. Should have at least similar level of customization than Skyrim did; R* has a vastly higher budget than Bethesda and beards are important!

There's only one correct look for each of them anyway:

Franklin: fro + full beard
Trevor: mullet + handlebar + hat
Michael: grown out + full beard

Bald fits any of them if you want to switch it up a bit, but at that point they should also be wearing shades.

UrbanRats

Totally agree, especially since they have extra hair for the online characters, i was merely pointing out the difference between the three single player characters, not saying it was justified.

Tizoc

Is there no safegouse in gta online?
Also i can create multiple characters for online rite?
Sorry been busy with other stuff and ddnt have time to play it more ^^

kabel

So am I really in the minority who couldn't stand having these ugly holes on the map?

f3YEb13.png

I just couldn't leave it like that....

CHC

Found a working fix for both the Blitz Play and Caida Libre crashes here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/611703999971637849/

It looks like one of the game settings is the cause of the crash judging by how it's fixed. My guess is that it's the landing page setting, it may need to be left as default.

This is awesome, better than the half added fix that I used and posted (though that did work for now). Gonna try once I'm home.

Not surprised about the landing screen, I had mine set to go straight to Single player mode and I got the crash bug.

Axial

I just got to the first heist setup and I think I screwed up a bit... I read up somewhere that you can unlock Packie McReary as a gunman and most guides state that he's the best choice for that particular job, but I think I killed him when his random encounter popped up(didn't even knew it was supposed to be Packie). Is he really that good, or will the other available gunmen suffice(without dying or dropping money that is)? Don't feel like replaying 20% of the game since I allready took my time to gold all missions and encounters aswell as maxing Franklin's and Michael's skills : /

inky

I just got to the first heist setup and I think I screwed up a bit... I read up somewhere that you can unlock Packie McReary as a gunman and most guides state that he's the best choice for that particular job, but I think I killed him when his random encounter popped up(didn't even knew it was supposed to be Packie). Is he really that good, or will the other available gunmen suffice(without dying or dropping money that is)? Don't feel like replaying 20% of the game since I allready took my time to gold all missions and encounters aswell as maxing Franklin's and Michael's skills : /

You get a character who is just as good later on (Chef), once Trevor comes into the picture. Don't sweat it. Packie is good because he takes a lower cut than the top (12%) but has better stats. The advantage he has over Chef is obviously that he has that one extra heist to level up, but essentially they work out the same.

As for the the first heist, I think there is a way for it to still go flawlessly, but I can't recall. Just stay at the back on the getaway and even if someone drops the money you have a small window to pick it up back again if you drive over it.

Xanathus

You get a character who is just as good later on (Chef), once Trevor comes into the picture. Don't sweat it. Packie is good because he takes a lower cut than the top (12%) but has better stats. The advantage he has over Chef is obviously that he has that one extra heist to level up, but essentially they work out the same.

As for the the first heist, I think there is a way for it to still go flawlessly, but I can't recall. Just stay at the back on the getaway and even if someone drops the money you have a small window to pick it up back again if you drive over it.

The first heist goes flawlessly if you just hire Packie, he's the only one that won't fall down. You can cheap out on the rest.

Finished the campaign a little while ago. I was thoroughly impressed with the game. Gonna play around in SP a little more, haven't done anything online yet.

C all the way.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Played GTA Online on PS3 again today.

Goddamn, this is obvious already, but PC online community all the way.

Gaz_RB

Ugh, finished a story mission solo, but when I went to turn it in, the game just hung there. It wasn't frozen as I could still hear the music and ambient city noises in the background, but I wasn't able to move my character or go into a menu. As soon as I alt tabbed and came back to the game though, it hard locked my system.

I hope this isn't a recurring issue when trying to play missions solo.

It's a recurring issue whether you're playing solo or not.

so will the DLC continue from C ending...... C ending is Canon?

or will it be some alternate universe thing like undead nightmare..with zombies or aliens or whatever

i hope its the first option

I'm going through the Flight School stuff in GTA Online right now. Pretty fun but the helicopter controls feel like you need to be a savant to use them effectively.

Denton

Just tried director mode.

Mind.

Blown.

It is absolutely brilliant for just fucking around. Any character model in game - playable.
Invincibility. All weapons. Superjumps. Low gravity. Exploding bullets. Instant changes of location, day time, weather of all possible types.

Amazing thing, exactly what I wanted it to be.

My only issue - how the hell do I switch into first person in it?
Select only goes through third person cameras.

AEREC

Just tried director mode.

Mind.

Blown.

It is absolutely brilliant for just fucking around. Any character model in game - playable.
Invincibility. All weapons. Superjumps. Low gravity. Exploding bullets. Instant changes of location, day time, weather of all possible types.

Amazing thing, exactly what I wanted it to be.

My only issue - how the hell do I switch into first person in it?
Select only goes through third person cameras.

Was waiting until I finish the game before trying this...does essentially disable saving when you go into this mode, so it doesnt screw with your SP campaign at all.

AEREC

so will the DLC continue from C ending...... C ending is Canon?

or will it be some alternate universe thing like undead nightmare..with zombies or aliens or whatever

i hope its the first option

I kinda hope its something off the wall, kinda like Undead Nightmare. Though I also wouldn't be bothered if they continued Michael, Franklin and Trevor's story.

Dr Dogg

One of my mates picked A or B because they couldn't be bothered to go all the way out to Blaine County to finish of some side stuff there. Some bloody people.

Speaking of side stuff those two missions for Barry with Michael and Trevor were something else. Also came before Watch_Dogs' digital trips too.

Javier23

Banned
Goddamn the Trevor / Michael hipster conversation is really funny, especially because at the time he was wearing cuffed jeans, a 70s polo shirt and a buzz cut with mustache.
We must be playing the game at the same pace, because I just had this convo on my last session a few hours ago. It was hilarious. First time the game had me laughing out loud (not that it isn't funny). I also thought
Michael losing his shit in the previous cutscene was an amazing moment, beautifully acted at that.

This is one of the few times I don't want a game to end. The main plot, the dynamics between the characters, many of the cutscenes... they're all top notch.

We must be playing the game at the same pace, because I just had this convo on my last session a few hours ago. It was hilarious. First time the game had me laughing out loud (not that it isn't funny). I also thought
Michael losing his shit in the previous cutscene was an amazing moment, beautifully acted at that.

This is one of the few times I don't want a game to end. The main plot, the dynamics between the characters, many of the cutscenes... they're all top notch.

Yeah, the game is full of such moments. Trevor is fucking abhorrent and kills people without regard, but he still has a pretty awesome sense of humour and his conversations with Michael are a thing to behold.

Rockstar writing at its finest.

Denton

Was waiting until I finish the game before trying this...does essentially disable saving when you go into this mode, so it doesnt screw with your SP campaign at all.

I have no idea what you are saying. But no it does not screw with SP campaign.

Horp

I have a problem om my girlfriends computer.
She has a GTX 680 and a 4k Asus monitor.

When we start GTA V one her computer the game screen is too big for the monitor, so only the upper right part of the game is visible. When I change resolution in game the screen looks right again but the mouse can't move outside that small part of the screen in the corner. Very weird. Every time I restart the game the resolution-problem happens again.

Anyone heard of this and have any suggestions?

Thanks

Anyone completed the FIB heist with the dump truck? Everytime, and I mean everytime out of 5 times, the game freezes at the end when the game switches to Michael. Quite a few people have experienced this. R* support

Woo-Fu

Banned
So the game will crash whenever I switch to Michael during a heist. No matter what I do it will always crash. Basically I can't advance the game now. There goes my fucking weekend, thanks Rockstar.

It has crashed 3 times on me in the last 2 days, all 3 times switching to Franklin. No crashes before that.

Dr Dogg

So of the mission dialogue, the old Rockstar favourite of exposition on the go, acctually can be different a second or third time. I was quite surprised when I fucked a mission up for the long car journey there to have Mike and Trevor chatting about something completely different than the first time.

Does anyone know how to fix this or maybe what is causing this?

What shadow settings do you have in the main selection and under soft shadows?

Nzyme32

Anyone completed the FIB heist with the dump truck? Everytime, and I mean everytime out of 5 times, the game freezes at the end when the game switches to Michael. Quite a few people have experienced this. R* support

I got past it and a have a laptop that doesn't even meet the minimum specs; so it isn't spec related or anything. Is it possible to switch characters prior or during that instance? Also try safe mode

Horp

I have a problem om my girlfriends computer.
She has a GTX 680 and a 4k Asus monitor.

When we start GTA V one her computer the game screen is too big for the monitor, so only the upper right part of the game is visible. When I change resolution in game the screen looks right again but the mouse can't move outside that small part of the screen in the corner. Very weird. Every time I restart the game the resolution-problem happens again.

Anyone heard of this and have any suggestions?

Thanks

Quoting myself and asking another question while at it:
The performance is also way, way way too low for the 680. It's an older processor, 2500k, but with every graphics setting at lowest and resolution at 1080p I'm at mid 20:s fps. Halp plz :)

Top Bottom