• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

"we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas

this was rockstar's newswire a while back..the dlc got delayed to probably get the next gen and pc versions out http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ine-Update-Free-Deathmatch-Race-Creators-this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQPJY_W11c

here's an interview of Shawn Fonteno (Franklin) talking about finishing the dlc for GTA V and that its going to be huge (go to 6:27)

"we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas

this was rockstar's newswire a while back..the dlc got delayed to probably get the next gen and pc versions out http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ine-Update-Free-Deathmatch-Race-Creators-this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQPJY_W11c

here's an interview of Shawn Fonteno (Franklin) talking about finishing the dlc for GTA V and that its going to be huge (go to 6:27)

I just hope it's not another fucking zombie expansion. New characters would be best, but I'm fine with continuing with Frank, Mike and Trevor after the ending.

Denton

Is it possible to disable the GTA Online splash screen in the main menu to have just the wallpaper with characters there?

And any idea about that first person view in Director Mode ?

Dr Dogg

It's AMD CHS. Do you think I should change it to softest?

I'd have a play around in an area like that and go through all the Soft Shadow settings see if it changes for sure. I had a similar issue using Nvidia's PCSS on top of the roof of the jewellery store and outside Michael's house where some shadows are only higher resolution for a very small area (slightly increased getting into a car). Changing it to Softest increased the range considerably but then all shadows were soft to the same degree and not accounting for distance. Though considering it's an open world game with time of day changes and dynamic shadowing it's a pretty mean feat that it's this good.

AEREC

I have no idea what you are saying. But no it does not screw with SP campaign.

Like all other rockstar games, when you go into cheat mode it disables saving so you dont mess with your SP progress or achievements. I was just checking if this does the same.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'd have a play around in an area like that and go through all the Soft Shadow settings see if it changes for sure. I had a similar issue using Nvidia's PCSS on top of the roof of the jewellery store and outside Michael's house where some shadows are only higher resolution for a very small area (slightly increased getting into a car). Changing it to Softest increased the range considerably but then all shadows were soft to the same degree and not accounting for distance. Though considering it's an open world game with time of day changes and dynamic shadowing it's a pretty mean feat that it's this good.
So, after enabling softest shadows instead of Nvidia's PCSS this is no longer a problem?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Just here to report if you can, you should definitely try the game in 3D. It looks great.

Cross your eyes so the images overlap to see the below in 3D.

gta5023_by_aloooo81-d8q66dt.jpg

gta5009_by_aloooo81-d8q66f3.jpg

Dr Dogg

So, after enabling softest shadows instead of Nvidia's PCSS this is no longer a problem?

For me yes I no longer get that issue you posted in your pic but at the cost of lowering shadow quality/accuracy overall. I think something is not quite configured right either in engine or in an .ini file but I've not had a proper play around yet as I'm using an old card while I get my RMA sorted. Best thing to do is go to that area again and flip through all the shadow settings and see if that solves it for you. They change when selected and don't need a restart.

Just here to report if you can, you should definitely try the game in 3D. It looks great.

Cross your eyes so the images overlap to see the below in 3D.

http://orig11.deviantart.net/4036/f/2015/108/4/c/gta5023_by_aloooo81-d8q66dt.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://orig10.deviantart.net/2c95/f/2015/108/7/b/gta5009_by_aloooo81-d8q66f3.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Hahaha. I certainly haven't got the grunt to run this in 3D but I'll go dig my 120hz monitor about and install 3D Vision and check out your pics.

Quoting myself and asking another question while at it:
The performance is also way, way way too low for the 680. It's an older processor, 2500k, but with every graphics setting at lowest and resolution at 1080p I'm at mid 20:s fps. Halp plz :)

680 is fine. Your cpu just doesn't scale as well as it used too.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Hahaha. I certainly haven't got the grunt to run this in 3D but I'll go dig my 120hz monitor about and install 3D Vision and check out your pics.

Since I already run the game at 60, to get it going in 3D I just lock the framerate to 30 and let loose. Not too terrible a trade off, until the day I have a GPU which can really push 3D at 60fps.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
For me yes I no longer get that issue you posted in your pic but at the cost of lowering shadow quality/accuracy overall. I think something is not quite configured right either in engine or in an .ini file but I've not had a proper play around yet as I'm using an old card while I get my RMA sorted. Best thing to do is go to that area again and flip through all the shadow settings and see if that solves it for you. They change when selected and don't need a restart.
Okay so, I have tested a few soft shadow options and it didn't solve the problem for me.

Here's the thing, when you standing far enough from the wall the shadows look fine, but when you starting to slowly walk towards it, very noticeable box starting to appear and it changes the shadows to more detailed ones. I think the problem is within the game's engine and it shouldn't look and work like that. It's like with the object quality at the distance in open world games, when you starting to get close to them the details on them are increasing. Now, In most games you can't tell the difference cuz this process is very smooth and seamless, but not in GTA V in terms of shadows, which sometimes do not even appear on the objects until you get close to them at the correct angle. This needs to be fixed along with artefacts on AMD GPU's with MSAA enabled.

Filben

I need some input from you guys regarding the multiplayer:

How exactly does the red blip work? When are enemies marked and when am I marked? I fail to see a pattern because even if I sneak I'm blinking up occasionally.

Mouse & keyboard controls: it feels sluggish, like playing CoD with 30fps. Sometimes I play Deathmatches with the Xbox 360 gamepad and I'm not worse than with mouse and keyboard. It lacks the precision like in Max Payne 3 and just feels weird, even with 50fps. I tried to reduce the graphics even more to gain even more fps but that doesn't really help.

Do you have an thoughts on this that might help me?

teokrazia

So I've installed iFruit app for my Nexus 5 and... it only let me choose between PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/Xbox One versions.
Oh you, Rockstar!

Dr Dogg

Since I already run the game at 60, to get it going in 3D I just lock the framerate to 30 and let loose. Not too terrible a trade off, until the day I have a GPU which can really push 3D at 60fps.

I was scratching my head trying to remember how to make jps files again until I realised you just change the file extension! First image convergence is a bit out of whack but the second one is awesome. I imagine tessellation has a part to play but both Franklin and the environment have a great sense of depth to them like they're ridiculously high poly models.

My issue it that I had to RMA my card so I'm back on an old one for the time being. Could happen at a worse time! Though I remember playing DMC4 and RE5 in 3D @ 60-70fps when I got my 3D setup and it was corking experience. Definitely think I'll give GTA V a run through again in 3D when I'm back up and running.

Okay so, I have tested a few soft shadow options and it didn't solve the problem for me.

Here's the thing, when you standing far enough from the wall the shadows look fine, but when you starting to slowly walk towards it, very noticeable box starting to appear and it changes the shadows to more detailed ones. I think the problem is within the game's engine and it shouldn't look and work like that. It's like with the object quality at the distance in open world games, when you starting to get close to them the details on them are increasing. Now, In most games you can't tell the difference cuz this process it very smooth and seamless, but not in GTA V in terms of shadows, which sometimes do not even appear on the objects until you get close to them at the correct angle. This needs to be fixed along with artefacts on AMD GPU's with SMAA enabled.

Ah that's a pain. Yeah I've noticed this rather weird box/marque around your character in certain times of day or maybe certain lighting conditions that effects a few things, most notably shadows. It's one of those things that always catches my eye because the transition from lower resolution shadow maps is so sudden it sticks out like a sore thumb. Thankfully it's not Far Cry 3 bad though. Fingers crossed it is an issue that will get looked at some point, maybe even a simple .ini tweak even.

I finished the game. 37 hours.
I did all the story related missions I could find, but I missed some stuff. I never got to do the thing for Maude.

I was genuinely shocked at how few GTA IV characters I met in the game. What was up with that? I mean - Johnny from Lost of the Damned was great. All the Lazlow stuff was great. But I was shocked to see so nobody else. It was weird. I was hoping for Gay Tony, Yusef, Brucie and all the other fun crew.
It was a great game. It was a good ending. It didn't blow me away, but it left me feeling good. I had a terrific time, and it was worth all the waiting. It was worth it when I bought it on 360 and it made it RROD after 5 hours. It was worth it waiting for it for more than a year.

Franklin became a big surprise for me. I always found him unappealing. He looked like a poor mans CJ, but I think he served a super important middle ground between two extremes. The same goes for Lester.
It's weird how more of the normal persons become really great. Trevor was ultimately great, but often for unexpected reasons. The scene after the credits made me roll with laughter.

I havent thought about GTA IV since 2007, but now.. I sort of want to revisit it, but I wish it had the combat, first person view and everything in it from GTA5.

Ark

My game crashed whilst doing a mission in GTA Online and now whenever I try to play the game it locks to 30fps. I've tried resetting my graphics settings, restarting the game, restarting my computer; nothing works. Every time I'm stuck at 25-30fps instead of the v-synced 60 I had before.

Messing with the refresh rate and vsync doesn't do anything either. I'm going to try repairing my install via Steam in a minute, but I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and found a solution?

God, this game is so amazing. Sure shows that they took their sweet time with it.
Couldn't be happier.
Agreed. Game of the decade easily. It has everything : trash humour, great writing, voice acting, fantastic driving, gorgeous lighting, incredible open world feeling. It has that 'perfection' aura with this version, yea.
GTA4 was so bad compared to this now that both are on PC

Kezen

Banned
This game is crazy good, way beyond my expectations. The writing is second to none, the interactions between characters is a delight, what an incredible cast of characters. Gameplay is superb, visuals are staggering for a game of that scale.

Rockstar are gods.

dsk1210

I tried it on the first day, looked great but some of the shadows seemed to be displaying incorrectly, will need to try again.

Foffy

Banned
so will the DLC continue from C ending...... C ending is Canon?

or will it be some alternate universe thing like undead nightmare..with zombies or aliens or whatever

i hope its the first option

I thought it was confirmed a while ago that the single player DLC in the works. I know they've said that they're planning stuff for the main cast, but I also recall CVG mentioning that they're also planning DLC ala GTA IV, so I imagine that meant they were going to do use all new characters and gameplay ideas. To my understanding,
Lamar was actually going to be playable in one mission
so there's potential in that to actually be a thing down the road.

No idea on what Rockstar is going to do. They can do what Dark Souls did in that it's DLC is polishing up and expanding on cancelled content, and apparently there has quite a chunk of unused content on the console versions, as the PC version removes almost all traces of this apparently, possibly because they don't want the community to restore this content as they tried to do with San Andreas and a number of its missions.

CoLaN

The game is awesome, but wow, the online team deathmatch and deathmatch are kind of horrible, lol.

It feels like playing a subpar competitive shooter

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I tried it on the first day, looked great but some of the shadows seemed to be displaying incorrectly, will need to try again.

I found that stuff would get messed up if you changed settings while you were already in game. What I found to work best was to get all your settings set up how you wanted them for normal gameplay, then save and quit, relaunch the game. It seems like all the backend 3D settings are determined at boot, and changing them makes things all screwy.

For example, I wanted to see the game at max quality in 3D, so I turned up all the distance shadows and set shadows to very high. Suddenly shadows only appeared in one eye, and turning off 3D with the hotkey didn't fix it either. Exiting and reentering made everything look perfect with the exact same settings.

I was scratching my head trying to remember how to make jps files again until I realised you just change the file extension! First image convergence is a bit out of whack but the second one is awesome. I imagine tessellation has a part to play but both Franklin and the environment have a great sense of depth to them like they're ridiculously high poly models.

My issue it that I had to RMA my card so I'm back on an old one for the time being. Could happen at a worse time! Though I remember playing DMC4 and RE5 in 3D @ 60-70fps when I got my 3D setup and it was corking experience. Definitely think I'll give GTA V a run through again in 3D when I'm back up and running.

I cranked the first ones convergence really hard to force the character to pop out of the screen. Just wanted to see how deep you could make it all look.

That was something special for me too, downsampling RE5 at 60fps and in 3D. A really stellar experience.

styl3s

Is it possible for me to buy GTA V on Steam and move my folder where the Rockstar non steam version is installed to avoid having to download this all over again? I bought the non-steam version for $30 before it launched and my buddy wants to play but can't afford it so i figured i would just sell my social account w/ gta v on it for like $20 and just get the steam version since i wanted the steam achievements to begin with.

Just trying to figure out if i can avoid the dreaded billion GB download again.

Enco

Playing this makes me wish we had. More interactive GTA.

Imagine how amazing it would be to go into loads of different buildings. Go out for a dinner. Use vending machines. Use elevators.

Would be the greatest game of all time.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I didn't realize how badly I wanted first person mode + keyboard controls for this game until I played this. Aiming with a mouse is fucking incredible in this game. I didn't actually expect the KB/M controls to be decent either.

I hope first person mode is here to stay for future iterations.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Damn. I wonder if getting the Nvidia 3D glasses would be worth it

Its definitely worth it, for way more than just GTAV. 3D on PC is a profoundly different and greatly improved experience compared to movie 3d or console game 3d.

Zom

Banned
Oh man, I can say that as a photographer this game is going to be the end of me, director mode is bliss to take great photos.

Sarcasm

Tried joining a crew and it asked me that different control method was use. First time I hit no so basically said no to joining.

Then second time I hit yes and it was folk than failed to join a queue.

How do I change my control method back cause I forgot what that option is?

Also on social > my crew only shows people online right?

Top Bottom