• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

gta_5_pc_files_zombies.png

so
uh
looks like zombies might be on the horizon?
Sick of zombies. I'd rather have expansions similar to TLAD and BoGT.

gta_5_pc_files_zombies.png

so
uh
looks like zombies might be on the horizon?

its possible all of the that was cut content

i don't think rockstar would have waited a year and a half for a DLC that is just an alternate universe type thing like undead nightmare

maybe a zombie mini game...but i dont think it will be the main part of the dlc

Sarcasm

Still can't see an upload in gallery for my snapshots. What am I doing wrong!?

Finally see the pictures! And finally see the upload button.

wasn't there zombies running around early GTA online? or am I misremembering? there were defijnitely zombies in RDR's online, I even had a zombie skin or someshit. (it meant that u killed or were killed by a rockstar dev)

dunno if i was being bullshitted tho.

Philtastic

Was that during the Crystal Maze mission?

Ah, actually, it was and, looking at Youtube videos of this mission, it seems that this is a scripted occurrence.

This game just keeps on getting better. I've gotten to the point where (plot spoilers that you probably knew would happen)
Trevor meets Michael and Michael starts working for the FIB
. Things just keep opening up and getting more crazy!

MayMay

Banned
Finished the last Heist with an amazing crew of Gaffers just now, on normal difficulty. Damn they're alot of fun and I hope we'll get more of them in the Future.

So, the ultra super mega challenge (rly dont know the name) of doing all of them, with the same crew, on hard, without anyone dying for 10 million $$$... anyone done that already?

Say, one of us dies in the 4th heist - do we have to go back and replay from #1 or can we just cancel the heist and restart?

30IR

Banned
Man.. the game unmodded is so beautiful!

Look at this DoF (using Michael's special ability gives that blue-ish tinge):

Bgtb.jpg

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
why can't you run when you're near the start of a mission marker? It's so annoying and adds so much time crawling to the marker. Floyd's apartment is the worst offender. If you're near that place you are stuck in mud.

artsi

why can't you run when you're near the start of a mission marker? It's so annoying and adds so much time crawling to the marker. Floyd's apartment is the worst offender. If you're near that place you are stuck in mud.

Yeah that's a bit stupid, and generally I don't like the thing where you start the mission automatically. I just want to go change some clothes and again Franklin's homies drag me to some stupid shit.

OgaKratos

Somebody answer me lol!

I am afraid to go online =S
Sorry this is late. It's a beautiful apartment. I've had it since launch. The lowered driveway to the garage also offers protection from the cops in the event of a quick getaway. Like you said, also centrally placed so easy access to virtually everything. Not so expensive too. I recommend it.

Xanathus

Well, I've tried a whole bunch of stuff to bypass the crash in the Caida Libre mission but nothing works and it looks like I'll just have to stop playing single player until it's fixed.

I've tried suiciding at the end of the mission to skip it but it still plays the final cutscene and does the character switch to Franklin which crashes the game without saving it. I've also tried driving to the area where Franklin is before heading to the final point of the mission. Verifying the files on Steam shows no differences.

OgaKratos

people are far too happy to kamikaze lol, there's gotta be at least one guy per session that decides to use his plane as a weapon

i have a 4 man team for heists and we're going to begin tomorrow, is there anything i need to know for the 'complete all heists in order' bonus? Is it hard to accidentally do them in the wrong order?

I don't want to spoiler myself and look up details and names of each to make sure we do them correctly, I am guessing R* made it so you have to go out of your way to do them out of order, but I am hoping people here can tell me without me having to look up some heists completion guide.

As long as you don't join anyone's heist or setup missions, you should be fine. Just do the heists with your friends/crew in the order presented to you. The game also warns you if you attempt to play a heist that will reset your in order challenge.

Vuze

Yeah that's a bit stupid, and generally I don't like the thing where you start the mission automatically. I just want to go change some clothes and again Franklin's homies drag me to some stupid shit.
Certainly annoying. The placement of the mission markers is quite stupid sometimes.

So I watched these cops chase a rusty ass car around, everyone in it looked like they did and dealt meth. The cops killed them all, paramedics came and then a car pulled up behind the ambulance while they were working on the bodies and began honking incessantly, the paramedics stopped what they were doing, walked over to the car, pulled out all the passengers and beat the shit out of them. This is what I love about GTA.

Is it possible to use a different set of graphics settings for GTA online vs GTA SP? I don't fel like changing settings everytime I switch between the two. I kinda like having a rocksolid 60 fps for online, don't care much if the visuals suffer a bit.

Hip Hop

I'm just curious, why do you play solely with a controller?

I am pretty happy about people not using KB/M especially during free mode, since it means you can usually take people down very fast using the first person shooter style set up with a mouse, but i don't know why more people don't do it. I guess people can't be bothered to keep switching in game?

For driving, Xbone controller all the way though.

Everytime I use my mouse, it has this weird stuttery feel to it when I move the camera. The frames aren't dropping or anything and they around 60fps for the most part, it just doesn't feel right.

Me and my friend have this same "feel" so we are using the controllers for now. Plus, I'm kind of used to the scheme after playing the game on the 360 and Xbox One.

Sarcasm

Everytime I use my mouse, it has this weird stuttery feel to it when I move the camera. The frames aren't dropping or anything and they around 60fps for the most part, it just doesn't feel right.

Me and my friend have this same "feel" so we are using the controllers for now. Plus, I'm kind of used to the scheme after playing the game on the 360 and Xbox One.

Try changing mouse from Raw Input to Direct Input in settings.

Dr Dogg

You know I'm really coming round to GTA V and it might challenge Red Dead for what I feel is Rockstar's best game. While I played it on release on PS3 there was always the PC version looming off in the distance that I never really explored the game fully. I knocked out the story in launch week and short of booting it up late last year, didn't play any more leaving a lot of the side content untouched. Though now I'm properly exploring Los Santos and Blaine County I'm gobsmacked not only by how much shit there is to do by the quality that's gone into the content as well.

Qassim

You know I'm really coming round to GTA V and it might challenge Red Dead for what I feel is Rockstar's best game. While I played it on release on PS3 there was always the PC version looming off in the distance that I never really explored the game fully. I knocked out the story in launch week and short of booting it up late last year, didn't play any more leaving a lot of the side content untouched. Though now I'm exploring Los Santos and Blaine county I'm gobsmacked not only by how much shit there is to do by the quality that's gone into the content as well.

I did exactly the same thing. I'm too much of a GTA fan to have not picked up the PS3/360 version at release, so I just blasted through the story and largely left it as it was, didn't do much exploring, just waited for the inevitable PC version. Definitely worth waiting, too.

GeoGonzo

So I watched these cops chase a rusty ass car around, everyone in it looked like they did and dealt meth. The cops killed them all, paramedics came and then a car pulled up behind the ambulance while they were working on the bodies and began honking incessantly, the paramedics stopped what they were doing, walked over to the car, pulled out all the passengers and beat the shit out of them. This is what I love about GTA.
It was the last straw on a very stressful workday. But yes, other people often feel surprisingly real in this game.

Dr Dogg

I did exactly the same thing. I'm too much of a GTA fan to have not picked up the PS3/360 version at release, so I just blasted through the story and largely left it as it was, didn't do much exploring, just waited for the inevitable PC version. Definitely worth waiting, too.

Oh definitely plus my archival itch is scratched knowing that it's not trapped on a console that might not be viable to play in 10, 20 years time. I was debating if I should have given it more time on release but that would have just made the 18 month wait even more excruciating.

Sarcasm

I just tried GTAV Online.

And what is this....

Should be named GTAV Loading Forever & Lag.

I did the tutorial..but played with people and got shoved into team death matches. Which if I wanted TDM I would play TF2 or something.

Join somebody and cars jump around and/or pop & disappear.

What is the saving grace?? I downloaded this game in under 2 hours and get steady 60 FPS online.

I just tried GTAV Online.

And what is this....

Should be named GTAV Loading Forever & Lag.

I did the tutorial..but played with people and got shoved into team death matches. Which if I wanted TDM I would play TF2 or something.

Join somebody and cars jump around and/or pop & disappear.

What is the saving grace?? I downloaded this game in under 2 hours and get steady 60 FPS online.

Lol, indeed.
I ended up creating an invite-only room for myself.
At least I can learn the basics and chill out in the city before the real deal when joining random matches.

Kabouter

sweet its worth a shot. i like how they open the competition to USA and most of Europe. A lot of places would just dick over everyone outside the US and be done with it.

Yeah, agreed, first thing I did was look at the rules fully expecting to see open to residents of the United States only.

UrbanRats

sweet its worth a shot. i like how they open the competition to USA and most of Europe. A lot of places would just dick over everyone outside the US and be done with it.

My country is still out. :(
-
Anyway:
Per essere proclamato vincitore a tutti gli effetti, il potenziale vincitore residente in Canada e Belgio potrebbe dovere anche rispondere correttamente a un quesito di natura matematica entro un periodo limitato di tempo.
-
To be proclaimed the winner, residents of Canada and Belgium, may also have to answer correctly to a mathematical riddle, in a limited time frame.
lol, why?

EDIT: oops, forgot to translate.

Dr Dogg

Blimey, that's a ridiculously pricey prize. Then again judging by how many copies GTAV has sold it's comparatively chump change.

GeoGonzo

I wouldn't really say "most of europe" without france, italy or spain... but yeah, still nice to see something other than US only.

-edit-

Was curious so I checked. Population wise this would cover 38% of EU, 42% of continental europe and 29% of transcontinental europe. Real clients coverage is probably much higher due to them covering the wealthiest countries, though.

Any of you guys having/had major problems downloading stuff through the Rockstar Social Club downloader?

I can't leave the download running for more than maybe an hour without it disconnecting from the download servers. I've been able to download only about 10 GB over the last 2 days.

Not only that, but there's no way to even throttle the download speed. It eats up the entirety of my bandwidth when it's downloading and makes even opening web pages impossible.

really wish I just paid the extra money to get it through Steam.

CHC

Well, I've tried a whole bunch of stuff to bypass the crash in the Caida Libre mission but nothing works and it looks like I'll just have to stop playing single player until it's fixed.

I've tried suiciding at the end of the mission to skip it but it still plays the final cutscene and does the character switch to Franklin which crashes the game without saving it. I've also tried driving to the area where Franklin is before heading to the final point of the mission. Verifying the files on Steam shows no differences.

Try this (copied from my post in the performance thread):
So just an update, been about 4 hours using this fix I found.

So far NO crashes, not from aiming, not from character switches, not from anything else. Works perfectly. I don't really know what it did, but it works.

Short version is this:
  • Open GTAV directory
  • Find and delete the following items
  • GTAV.exe
  • GTAV Launcher.exe
  • x64b.rpf
  • common.rpf
  • Go back to Steam and "verify integrity of game cache"
  • It'll redownload the missing files, probably like 300mb
  • Boot up the game and hope for the best
I can only guess it's from something getting fucked up during Steam's decrypting or pre-load. I don't know why it works but it does (at least for me).

Fixed Caida Libre and all other crashes for me. Good luck!!

Drazgul

I just realized I don't have all the returning players bonus content I'm supposed to have; there's no hatchet available in the Ammu-Nation, for example. I do have the Blimp though and Lamar sent me a message about the Monkey mosaics, so wtf?

http://gta.wikia.com/Trevor_Philips_Industries is the mission which is supposed to unlock the hatchet, and I did that already a while back.

Foffy

Banned
Figure I'd ask here, as it appears some of GTA Online's discussion has migrated over here. I was wanting to do all of the Gang Attacks, but according to this image, I cannot activate #2. Did the Heists update remove a few Gang Attacks? That area is now prone for Lester's distract missions, which came with Heists IIRC. That would be odd, if so; Rockstar added more Gang Attacks in one of the previous updates - the game originally had only 50 - so it would be odd for them to remove some of the ones in the game.

SlickVic

Ugh, finished a story mission solo, but when I went to turn it in, the game just hung there. It wasn't frozen as I could still hear the music and ambient city noises in the background, but I wasn't able to move my character or go into a menu. As soon as I alt tabbed and came back to the game though, it hard locked my system.

I hope this isn't a recurring issue when trying to play missions solo.

Jams775

So I played online for the first time yesterday. I chose a racing match because I figured it'd be the easiest to get a feel for online.

I was wondering if it was just my bad connection or are cars and players always rubber banding around during a match? I don't know why but it sounded like I got matched up with two Germans. I wonder if that had anything to do with it or just my bad connection.

So the game will crash whenever I switch to Michael during a heist. No matter what I do it will always crash. Basically I can't advance the game now. There goes my fucking weekend, thanks Rockstar.

Top Bottom