• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

I ran into the Blitz Play mission bug last night and ran into that stupid bug. Got it fixed but at first I tried playing in Safe Mode. Made it feel like I was playing on PS3 again lol. Sub HD and 30fps.

Sullichin

I modded a car and put it in Michaels garage but it's not there when I go to play again and when I switch to Michael he's driving around in the red sedan :/

Dries

What are some good LA crime movies? I feel like one tonight. Any recs? I've already seen:

- All Michael Mann fils
- True Romance
- To live and die in LA
- all Tarantino films
- Beverly Hills Cop
- Training Day
- all ghetto/gang films
- probably a lot more I forgot

Valkrai

What are some good LA crime movies? I feel like one tonight. Any recs? I've already seen:

- All Michael Mann fils
- True Romance
- To live and die in LA
- all Tarantino films
- Beverly Hills Cop
- Training Day
- all ghetto/gang films

I think End of Watch is worth watching, if that counts.

I modded a car and put it in Michaels garage but it's not there when I go to play again and when I switch to Michael he's driving around in the red sedan :/

Yep, seems about right. I really wish Rockstar would just copy the garage system that Saint's Row has. Yeah, it's incredibly unrealistic, but at least you never have to worry about permanently losing your car which happens all the time in GTA.

Sullichin

Yep, seems about right. I really wish Rockstar would just copy the garage system that Saint's Row has. Yeah, it's incredibly unrealistic, but at least you never have to worry about permanently losing your car which happens all the time in GTA.
What am I supposed to buy with my money in SP if my cars disappear and the story missions seem to have preset weapon loadouts?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any point in taking strippers home, and getting them as a new contact, except you know, ... for science?

Quick question, how many jobs/side missions are there available to earn much money once "you've done everything" in the endgame? (Please no spoilers, just tell me if there is anything at all to do).
I remember in GTA IV I ran out of money after finishing it 100% because there was nothing left to do in order to earn money.
You have nothing to worry about, it's probably harder to run out of money in this game than to make money, once you're 50% or so through the game.

SoulClap

- All Michael Mann fils
- True Romance
- To live and die in LA
- all Tarantino films
- Beverly Hills Cop
- Training Day
- all ghetto/gang films

LA Confidential

- All Michael Mann fils
- True Romance
- To live and die in LA
- all Tarantino films
- Beverly Hills Cop
- Training Day
- all ghetto/gang films

Nightcrawler if that counts as crime.

And LA Confidential too yeah.

So what is the cheapest place to get this online currently? Any weird VPN shenanigans?

Nuuvem was the place many people were getting it from ($29), but they are out of keys and Rockstar/2k probably aren't in a real big hurry to furnish them with more.

Greenmangaming still has their VIP price available for GTA V ($47), which is 100% legit with no vpn shenanigans necessary. Not sure if there are any other deals that are better than this, legit or otherwise. And you won't find a Steam key for the game from anywhere except Steam. All the other sites provides a key for the Rockstar Social Club launcher.

OK, shooting cats with the taser is making me both laugh and feel horrible at the same time. They don't seem to get hurt by it though.

There have been a couple of times when I accidently hit the attack button near a cat or dog and you just stomp them. I laughed, but felt horrible. I also randomly punch the air while walking down the street. One time my character slid ten feet to a near by npc and punched him.

Y
There's usually a few good spots to find cover for the few seconds it takes to bring it up and navigate to the right place but I've definitely had that scrambling for a menu, shit I'm dead, feeling many times!

You can also pre-load the menu if you want but it mean you can't access your weapon wheel so ensure you have a general purpose gun equipped before you do (you can change weapons in a vehicle however with the interaction menu loaded, at least you can on a controller, not sure of the keyboard mappings).

You can also map your player action when on foot to be "eat snack" so this means you can top up health (but with the animation) with a single combined button press (on a controller). I find this less useful as it forces you to walking speed and plays a needlessly lengthy "look at me eating my chocolate bar" animation which can be a real rhythm killer but I could see where it might come in handy.

It's also worth noting blind firing from cover (if you're that way inclined) is insanely effective in GTAV so if all else fails, go full on turtle mode.

Good luck Nappuccino!

Thanks for the thorough tips! I'll look into them the next time I load the game up!

There have been a couple of times when I accidently hit the attack button near a cat or dog and you just stomp them. I laughed, but felt horrible. I also randomly punch the air while walking down the street. One time my character slid ten feet to a near by npc and punched him.

That's a deliberate thing. When you're chasing someone and press the attack button, you'll home in to punch them.

- All Michael Mann fils
- True Romance
- To live and die in LA
- all Tarantino films
- Beverly Hills Cop
- Training Day
- all ghetto/gang films

Beverley Hills Cop 2
Heat
Boyz N Da Hood
Rush Hour
Collateral
Fast and The Furious
Blue Streak
Point Break
Lethal Weapon
Night crawler

daviyoung

Banned
A Bronx Tale.

umm....

anyway

livedielabg.jpg

The Cowboy

So what is the cheapest place to get this online currently? Any weird VPN shenanigans?

I got it for $29.99 using Gamergate China earlier today, it was reported to not be working in that if it detected you using a VPN etc it wouldn't let you checkout.

However i simply did this.

Created an account on Gamergate on my regular browser with no VPN and put in that i was in China, then I went to the site via Hola using a China server. I added the $29.99 game to my basket and logged in, then I put in a China city and postcode (used google for these) on the payment page and selected paypal for payment - then i went to paypal and put in my correct payment info and paid for it.

20 minutes later i got my R* activation code and downloaded it, all seems to be working just fine so far.

Ohh yeah, requesting Crew invite - MajorMelchett

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck it, bought it. hopefully its goodI like it (as im sure its good, lets see if it grabs me tho)

disk space needed 62gigs... u wot m8 >_>

I had almost cleared all of the map from fog of war, then decided to play some Online for the first time a few hours ago.

I just loaded the game up again, and the map is completely full of fog of war again.

Fuck this shit.

It really cracked me up during the
Predator
mission when franklin is chasing the O
neil
brothers. Frankin, the man who has killed over 100 gangbaners and swats in the story, said :
no chop, we can't deal with them yet, there's too many of'em.

and there are 3 of them. this game is too funny.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
game gave me a big ass avast virus warning when it dtopped alocating disk space and started downloading...well ok then >_>

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Getting random crashes, usually after like an hour or two of playing. It just stops working completely. Based on Steam forums it seems sort of widespread. Last time it happened, was towards the end of Trevor's first mission, which takes forever =\ then I rebooted my PC and started playing again and it crashed within minutes.

dragn

Yup I will, add me on social club "Justinakach0ppa"

Sick of these randoms who don't know how to even shoot a gun let alone pull a heist off, plus I want to try and get all the heists perfect for that 1 mill payout.

we need 2 players who did all or no heists to start the first :>

To access the Social Club Panel in-game, hit the "Home" key on your keyboard. It might also be bound to the center button on the Xbox controllers if you're using one, not sure.

So I bought a car for about a million bucks, thing blows up. I'm guessing it is gone forever?

This is in single-player? They still haven't adopted the relatively reliable insurance system from GTA:O for the main game? Wow.

I only know about the impound lot for abandoned cars (really spotty system). If it blows up, it's probably gone.

Tried running GTA V without internet connection at all. Nope, can't do that, RSC launcher demand online activation. Damn. If I activated online and goes offline after that, I can play offline just fine. But everytime I restarted my PC, the online activation is always turn up.
Have anyone here successfully played the game offline?

dragn

I'd totally be down, but I won't be home for another 1.5 hours.

Are you guys doing a complete run or a Criminal Mastermind run?

i dont think ill bother with the 10 million challenge, like a death in the last second of the last heist and everything is lost :D

but in order with the same ppl should be no problem

- All Michael Mann fils
- True Romance
- To live and die in LA
- all Tarantino films
- Beverly Hills Cop
- Training Day
- all ghetto/gang films

L.A. Confidential is my favorate LA crime movie.

This is in single-player? They still haven't adopted the relatively reliable insurance system from GTA:O for the main game? Wow.

I only know about the impound lot for abandoned cars (really spotty system). If it blows up, it's probably gone.

I think it's a relic of the terribly small memory limits on the old consoles. There simply wasn't enough memory to store all that additional customization info for multiple cars passed what you were using at the time. For GTA Online, I believe all of that customization is stored server-side (in da cloud). Also the saving mechanic being buggy as hell doesn't help, but these are incredibly complicated games.

It's still incredibly lazy of Rockstar to have not fixed it in the upgraded versions, but eh, it's not like that was going to stop them from selling millions more copies of the game.

Got this through GmG, and MAN ALIVE is it downloading slowly through Social Club. I'm getting less than 1mb/s, it's nuts. I should be getting at least 3-4mb/s.

Thanks for the heads up about the iFruit app being updated. I noticed that the manual app was updated over the weekend but didn't think to check the iFruit app since I figured they would need some more time.

I was zoning out on the game over the weekend so I didn't get any crew invites handled, sorry about that. I will start checking them from in game too if I read that they can be accepted from in game correctly. I did play a bit of the online over the weekend with a friend and we had fun doing basic missions and working our way up a few levels. I'm still going to be focusing on the story for now but I'd be up for any big events like a heist if people want to plan for them on the weekends.

I don't know how inundated you are with request and mine has been sent, but I have played almost exclusively with us here on GAF, and they haven't been able to accept me into the crew.

I had a hell of a time trying to consistently stay in a lobby over the weekend. I'd be playing with others and my connection is fantastic, but it'll drop me from the lobby saying everyone else has left. I've tried 2 different solutions(R* and User) and no fix. It sucks as it's so inconsistent as to how long I can actually play. Seems Steam users are more likely to be affected if at all and there isn't much they can do to fix it as it must come from R*'s end. Really hoping to they get it fixed ASAP as the online heists are some of the best GTA missions across all the games imo and it's annoying when/if it happens.

Top Bottom