• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

UrbanRats

Man, these characters are so squishy. It seems like they go down after just being shot twice. I never remember prior GTAs giving you such low health?

Said it multiple times, but worth repeating, it's my biggest gripe with the game, and what made me abandon it soon after i finished the story, on 360.
Just a very stupid design decision.

Don't know if posted but according to SteamSpy the game has sold 1.64M on the PC:

http://steamspy.com/app/271590

Code:
[b]Owners: 1,673,680 ± 33,857[/b]
Players in the last 2 weeks: 1,532,641 ± 32,409 (91.57%)
Players total: 1,532,641 ± 32,409 (91.57%)
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 277,980

Which is more than 1.4M on the XBone and 1.54M on the PS4 according to creamsugar leak in the recent NPD thread.

Three men and one dog:
〇 - 6800 +
3 - 4850 +
4 - 1540 +
1 - 1400 +

Wonder if it will hit 2M copies on the PC?

Seanspeed

Banned
Don't know if posted but according to SteamSpy the game has sold 1.6M on the PC.

Which is more than 1.4M on the XBone and 1.5M on the PS4 according to creamsugar leak in the recent NPD thread.

If 1.6m is true, then yes, it will hit 2m eventually. This game will continue selling for a good long while.

SparkTR

Don't know if posted but according to SteamSpy the game has sold 1.6M on the PC.

Which is more than 1.4M on the XBone and 1.54M on the PS4 according to creamsugar leak in the recent NPD thread.

That doesn't include retail and non-Steam digital copies, so I'd wager it's surpassed that already.

dex3108

Don't know if posted but according to SteamSpy the game has sold 1.64M on the PC:

http://steamspy.com/app/271590

Code:
[b]Owners: 1,673,680 ± 33,857[/b]
Players in the last 2 weeks: 1,532,641 ± 32,409 (91.57%)
Players total: 1,532,641 ± 32,409 (91.57%)
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 277,980

If you count all versions of game (Social Club + Steam) It outsold PS4+X1 allready. I think that it PC version is already at 2,5-3M.

I thought the game sold for like 40+ million copies in total?
So, apparently most people just don't double dip on the new gen?

In the other hand, I also found this.

Take-Two says "nearly 10 million units" of the PS4 and Xbox One versions of GTA 5 have been sold since launching Nov. 18, 2014.

Is Polygon bullshitting?

Qassim

Yeah, it's important to remember that the only place to get the Steam version of the game has been Steam. You can't buy cheaper keys for the Steam version anywhere, you can only buy the full priced Steam version, via Steam. A lot of people (anecdotal) bought the retail and non-Steam digital versions too. I think it's a safe bet that at the very least it is at 2m, and probably a reasonable amount above that too.

It's pretty good for an 18 month old game that has already been released on 4 other platforms. We know that 1.6m on Steam are all at full price, too.

You can literally lose 5-10% of your health if you accidentally jump into a wall. The game design is fucked.

And there is no real way of telling the game whether you want to place your face into the pavement or jump over a small obstacle. I really love this game, but character movement can be really frustrating.

daninthemix

I mean, I don't want to bitch because I am genuinely impressed by the game, but the movement/cover/shooting mechanics don't always allow you to respond to sudden new threats quickly enough. In other words, you're dead before you know what happened. This level of health is more suited to a responsive, COD-style shooter in my opinion.

I love the world and the driving, though.

I mean, I don't want to bitch because I am genuinely impressed by the game, but the movement/cover/shooting mechanics don't always allow you to respond to sudden new threats quickly enough. In other words, you're dead before you know what happened. This level of health is more suited to a responsive, COD-style shooter in my opinion.

If it controlled like Max Payne 3 while on foot, it'd be the best shooter of all time. Too bad it doesn't. Not terrible mind you, but not nearly as good as it could be.

The game is designed with full auto-aim in mind. No doubt about it. On console, I played with free aim up until the first Trevor mission before giving up and switching to auto. The god-like accuracy of the AI from a half mile away along with the non-existent health just did me in. Compare that to RDR and Max Payne 3 where I played them fully in free aim with 0 issues. GTA team just gave no fucks about the advancements in combat encounter design of the last 10 years.

Shit, even the auto aim in V is worse than the lock-on in IV and SA. So they also managed to mess that up as well :lol

The game is designed with full auto-aim in mind. No doubt about it. On console, I played with free aim up until the first Trevor mission before giving up and switching to auto. The god-like accuracy of the AI from a half mile away along with the non-existent health just did me in. Compare that to RDR and Max Payne 3 where I played them fully in free aim with 0 issues. GTA team just gave no fucks about the advancements in combat encounter design of the last 10 years.

Shit, even the auto aim in V is worse than the lock-on in IV and SA. So they also managed to mess that up as well :lol

Auto aim here is as good as those games. It's just that auto aim sucks in general.

So in SP the cinema costs 30M I think. I got 16M for the last heist
gold one
, how the hell do I afford this place ? lol
I haven't touched the "post game" stuff yet, so maybe there's ways to make hugs bucks i don't know

So in SP the cinema costs 30M I think. I got 16M for the last heist
gold one
, how the hell do I afford this place ? lol
I haven't touched the "post game" stuff yet, so maybe there's ways to make hugs bucks i don't know

More or less, the easiest way(aside from cheating) is to wait till the Lester Ass. Missions and invest your money in stocks properly. Other than that it's a grind.

Auto aim here is as good as those games. It's just that auto aim sucks in general.

In GTAIV auto aim allowed you to target specific limbs without breaking lock-on, you definitely can't in V. Then again, Euphoria on enemy hit reactions is very toned down in V, they probably removed the limb targeting mechanic to not expose that.

In all previous GTA games (including IV), the auto aiming reticle also showed you enemy health. Not the case in V.

Zoolader

My game keeps crashing in the same spot during a mission. I've already tried replaying it with my setting turned way down and I get the same result. Is there any way to verify that the game files are all good like I could if I had the steam version?

Cyto

Damn casuals in heists always leave or are too braindead to comprehend simple game play, anyone interested in heisting anytime soon hook me up, my social and steam username is syystole

Vuze

Sometimes I just don't get some of the design decisions in this game. Found a nice car, pimped it for a decent amount of money, bought the nearby garage to store it since I really liked it. Phone rang while I was preparing to park it, story mission randomly starts and the garage won't open anymore and of course the car despawned afterwards -_-

Why can't I just access something like a garage during an active mission, like what the hell.

Just don't mod any vehicles other than the ones you're given in Story mode. It's stupid that they still haven't fixed the issue of modded cars getting deleted, though.
How can I send a request to join the GAF crew? Or is it invite only?
You send a request but it seems like no one is accepting them anyway.

My game keeps crashing in the same spot during a mission. I've already tried replaying it with my setting turned way down and I get the same result. Is there any way to verify that the game files are all good like I could if I had the steam version?

Try setting Landing Page to ON in Saving and Startup.
Restart game.
When starting up game choose Story Mode, do not let it autoload.

In GTAIV auto aim allowed you to target specific limbs without breaking lock-on, you definitely can't in V. Then again, Euphoria on enemy hit reactions is very toned down in V, they probably removed the limb targeting mechanic to not expose that.

In all previous GTA games (including IV), the auto aiming reticle also showed you enemy health. Not the case in V.

Uhhh.. Since RDR your auto-aim choice are Basic(which is absolutely the best way to play it with a controller as it points at their chest and then you slightly/easily adjust for specific body parts) or head-lock. Not really sure what you mean. Euphoria IS toned down, but limb-targeting via auto aim is absolutely still in game, they just do a not great job of explaining it to you. Now damage requirements to affect body parts might be higher than in the past games, but that has nothing to do with auto-aim.

edit: I think a more accurate thing to say would be is that the game is easier with full auto-aim in mind. But it is a disservice to say the game is "designed with AA in mind." But AA is just as good as their previous games.
Lol I did them all before, whatever I guess I don't need these expensive properties anyway

You would have no idea unless you spoiled yourself ahead of time. It's mostly there for the fantasy and the players that are playing a second-time.

Seanspeed

Banned
Is there no way to take screenshots while in editor mode? I get all these great camera and DoF options, but no way to take a screen. I need a 'HUD off' option pronto.

It's actually really depressing because that was one of the main reasons I was excited over the editor.

I can't get that to work when in a vehicle/cover though; going through the menus normally works. Sucks really, since there's no animation to play so the effect would be instant.

There's an option to set a quick play action for whilst on foot as well as in a car. It's in the main menu somewhere

Edit: Having to download another update. 350MB

Hosting heists is infuriating. I just spent an hour trying to do the steal a police car police heist. And by trying to do I mean just waiting in a lobby. I swear people are leaving the game just about as it's going to start/during loading on purpose.

if every heist is gonna be as tedious as this, then fuck. They can be fun when everything goes smoothly.

Is there no way to take screenshots while in editor mode? I get all these great camera and DoF options, but no way to take a screen. I need a 'HUD off' option pronto.

It's actually really depressing because that was one of the main reasons I was excited over the editor.

On the 360 pad you press right stick down and the HUD is gone.

Sarcasm

Hosting heists is infuriating. I just spent an hour trying to do the steal a police car police heist. And by trying to do I mean just waiting in a lobby. I swear people are leaving the game just about as it's going to start/during loading on purpose.

if every heist is gonna be as tedious as this, then fuck. They can be fun when everything goes smoothly.

What timezone are you in?

Should be since you can in snap shot.

Ardenyal

If you go to free roam do you get put into a near empty lobby?

I need to sometimes restart the game to reconnect to lobbies and get people to join my game.

If you wanna do one now I'll help. Krappadizzle on R*. I've had fantastic luck with doing heist.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
13E128A19ABD1EB278AC582B476C026EF1863934

Trevor looking good! His hillbilly redneck days are in the past now

Top Bottom