• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Jams775

Are all those cellphone job pop ups in online from crew members or randoms? I'd like to play with other gaffers when I get on but I didn't want to join some random guys heist. Is there a way to see crew members in available jobs?

Raptomex

Here it is GAF. My GTA V collection. Doesn't even include the digital versions. The games on the right are unopened.

wLHYNpZ.jpg

Invis

Yo, I need some people to finish the Humane heist with. I'm on the last step before the finale, which is delivering the EMP. I have really no idea how to do it since I've never got past just driving to the destination and every part I've been in just leaves once we fail once.

Here's my RSC profile, hit me up and we'll finish this. Maybe do the rest of the heists if you're down as well.

anyone who played the console versions noticed that the box truck's rear doors now can't be opened?

pretty mad because jumping in the back of one and causing havoc was a good way to kill a half hour.

Salsa

playing single player

mp mission text

"join"

game loads forever to go into MP

"game is full"

great

"do you wanna join a lobby?"

no

game loads forever to go back to single player

crash

Foffy

Banned
playing single player

mp mission text

"join"

game loads forever to go into MP

"game is full"

great

"do you wanna join a lobby?"

no

game loads forever to go back to single player

crash

I usually do one of the other. Transitioning seems to make it odd.

I had Franklin spawn in my GTA Online safehouse. It was pretty weird.

OK been playing fine a few day and today i'm getting "Failed To start game(Missing executable) when I launch it through steam. Any fix for this that isn't redownloading the entire game?(I needed to go to my friends house cause it would take me a week on my connection.) Tried verifying game cache and it tells me to exit all game before doing it. Nothing is open.

jediyoshi

OK been playing fine a few day and today i'm getting "Failed To start game(Missing executable) when I launch it through steam. Any fix for this that isn't redownloading the entire game?(I needed to go to my friends house cause it would take me a week on my connection.) Tried verifying game cache and it tells me to exit all game before doing it. Nothing is open.

Restart Steam, reverify.

Shawsie64

Banned
Ugh, came home yesterday and my PC had crashed, lost everything. Re-installed GTA V hoping the single player game saves were on the RSC Cloud but no luck.. At least the GTA Online saves are cloud saved.

If anyone has a save game of the first mission you meet Trevor I'd be very grateful.. I think should just be a matter of copying and pasting it into the user folder?

I'd go through the first few hours of missions again myself but TBH I did them twice on PS3 and don't have the motivation to start again :(

How does storing cars work?

Let's say I steal a car that I like. I then drive that into the customs shop and upgrade the crap out of it. Then I drive it into my garage.

My understanding is that it will be there the next time I open the garage... but what if I trash that car on my way to my next mission? Is it now gone for good? All those upgrades gone with it?

How does storing cars work?

Let's say I steal a car that I like. I then drive that into the customs shop and upgrade the crap out of it. Then I drive it into my garage.

My understanding is that it will be there the next time I open the garage... but what if I trash that car on my way to my next mission? Is it now gone for good? All those upgrades gone with it?

In story mode, yes.
In online mode, you can put trackers on your cars so they'll be safe no matter what you do.
Story mode has no trackers even though you have the garage to put the cars, it's silly.

Got a crash while doing the first heist but second time had no issue.

Now with Trevor in his part of town. I'm really liking the switching of characters, what a fun game. Decided to play at 4k around 30fps, looks fantastic.

dreamfall

Here it is GAF. My GTA V collection. Doesn't even include the digital versions. The games on the right are unopened.

Respect!

Been really enjoying it again for the fourth time around, locked it at 30 and went crazy with the visuals. Controller in hand, it's just looooove!

Philtastic

I'm still making my way through single player while dabbling a bit in Online (rank 14 now). I like making gameplay videos but I'm finding that the single player missions, while entertaining to actually play, are pretty boring to watch due to all the dialogue and long drives, which is a bit of a shame. Oh well, going to try getting through the single player to really dive into Online where there might be a random video galore! I'm finding that I really enjoy the random pvp (see dot approaching on map: friend or foe?!) and heists are amazing fun!

Saganator

I decided to play around with the editor today. Here is the result. I was going for a Michael Myers/Halloween thing, but I couldn't get a buy a mask for some reason, I guess I'm not far enough in the story. The editor is actually pretty damn intuitive, despite Rockstar's usual GUI chunkiness.

Effect

Is anyone approving request to the join the NeoGang PC crew? Would like to join and have sent a request. Name is NeoStar9. Thanks.

Jams775

I decided to play around with the editor today. Here is the result. I was going for a Michael Myers/Halloween thing, but I couldn't get a buy a mask for some reason, I guess I'm not far enough in the story. The editor is actually pretty damn intuitive, despite Rockstar's usual GUI chunkiness.

That was good. I liked the part where the guy crashed on the bike trying to run and the part right after when you stalk one guy and another come walking towards the axe murder, sees him and nopes in the opposite direction walking into some junk on the side.

Ketch

damnit I got an error when I tried to start saying steam couldn't find the .exe, so I verified game files and now every time I try to start the game it downloads a tiny update and then doesn't start... so I click it again and it downloads the update again and doesn't start.... over and over again. wtf.

jediyoshi

Did I'm getting the same text. "Please exit any running games or tools before v attempting to verify game cache."

Restart your computer, reverify. Some process attached to the game failed to close and is just making Steam think the game is still running. Though quitting Steam entirely and relaunching should have cleared it up.

daninthemix

Man, these characters are so squishy. It seems like they go down after just being shot twice. I never remember prior GTAs giving you such low health?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man, these characters are so squishy. It seems like they go down after just being shot twice. I never remember prior GTAs giving you such low health?

That was one of my problems with 4 :/

antitrop

Well, GTA V has a health recovery mechanic in taking cover (up to 50%), which makes it far more generous than any previous GTA. I always had the full health cheat memorized for the PS2 GTAs. In those games, you would constantly be losing health to terrible camera angles and one of the worst lock-on aiming systems of that generation, with health packs being fairly scarce.

Shit, you should play GTA 1. 1 bullet and you fail the (non-checkpointed) mission completely, as well as cars being so easy to blow up that it was nearly impossible to progress.

This game should have full health regen.
Ya, really should.

Salsa

I don't much get the complaints about dying a ton and the cops

- its easy as hell to lose the cops

- I died a few times but I welcomed it. These games were never challenging and I think this one asking a bit more of the player is cool

- the special abilities help A TON on combat (mainly michael and trevor but franklin too if you're on a bike for example)

I liked the "challenge", and I put it in quotes cause it really wasnt a difficult game at all nor did I ever died and went "oh god dammit". Checkpoints are forgiving too.

don't get the complaints

maybe im just not a "wreck havoc in the open world!!!" GTA guy anymore, maybe that's harder now

jediyoshi

This game should have full health regen.

The speed of the regen itself would encourage sitting around doing nothing for long periods of time too much. Something like Online's snack system to recover everything else may have helped, though I didn't find too many instances in SP where health management is an issue versus getting unlucky in getting shot.

I don't much get the complaints about dying a ton and the cops

- its easy as hell to lose the cops

- I died a few times but I welcomed it. These games were never challenging and I think this one asking a bit more of the player is cool

- the special abilities help A TON on combat (mainly michael and trevor but franklin too if you're on a bike for example)

I liked the "challenge", and I put it in quotes cause it really wasnt a difficult game at all nor did I ever died and went "oh god dammit". Checkpoints are forgiving too.

don't get the complaints

maybe im just not a "wreck havoc in the open world!!!" GTA guy anymore, maybe that's harder now

Pretty much what I have experienced so far.

Salsa

I still prefer the Chinatown Wars method of wrecking the cops to lose them rather than getting lost, that's for sure

in fact, I like a lot of stuff they never again implemented from Chinatown Wars. It's up there as my second or third favorite GTA.

It felt like the only time Rockstar truly put fun gameplay above realism, at least to a "it doesnt make any sense" point.

mainline GTA is still structured towards realism which sometimes results in stuff that other open world games "fixed" in the gameplay department

you calling a guy that brings you whatever car you want that you own like in Saints Row surely would be weird and unrealistic here; but shit if I wouldnt have loved it rather than running around looking for a good car if I just wanna go A -> B

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You could show them your Dutch OPM save to impress them. Guaranteed lap dances for life.

my sweet talk is more than enough

aaaaaawwwwww yeah baby gurrl, you got it all, Peach body oil, fake guns, hair stitching, shit I love you!

Philtastic

I'm enjoying some of these rampages and this one really got me laughing so I recorded it (Rampage spoiler):
those damn hipsters!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S1Fifygvq4

I also did Blitz Play which was a lot of fun and did the driller side of the first online heist finale for the first time (did driver the first time). This game just keeps getting better and better!

Top Bottom