• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

I just invented my own mini game.

GTA Online:

Harrier Angel

Take my Harrier Jet and join a random Crew Member(Our neogaf crew) and see if I can help them out by just following them around and being a guardian angel in a air support capacity. Very happy I saved up for it.

Steam hasn't downloaded this patch yet.

Is Post FX meant to have a larger performance impact on ultra compared to very high? Because I just tested now, and there's a negligible difference. I'm wondering if the first patch made the two settings the same, which would explain why very high runs worse for me than before.

Steam hasn't downloaded this patch yet.

Is Post FX meant to have a larger performance impact on ultra compared to very high? Because I just tested now, and there's a negligible difference. I'm wondering if the first patch made the two settings the same, which would explain why very high runs worse for me than before.

Refresh. I have the patch. Online still has issues but no surprise there.

Why does Michael's goatee look better on PS3?

0_0.jpg

1wtb.png

Really? I disagree, Michael's goatee on PS3 looks like someone drew it on with a marker.

Maybe, but the new one looks even worse. Like he just glued a rat to the area around his mouth. Doesn't look blended in properly, while the other one does.

Really hope we either get a mod or a patch to fix this.

Saganator

That was good. I liked the part where the guy crashed on the bike trying to run and the part right after when you stalk one guy and another come walking towards the axe murder, sees him and nopes in the opposite direction walking into some junk on the side.

Thanks. It was fun to make and it was interesting to see how the AI reacted to seeing dead bodies. Most of the AI would nope the fuck out, but once and a while someone who didn't give a fuck would walk by like nothing was there. I was cracking up when the guy crashed his bike.

Sarcasm

Maybe, but the new one looks even worse. Like he just glued a rat to the area around his mouth. Doesn't look blended in properly, while the other one does.

Really hope we either get a mod or a patch to fix this.

Actually thinking they used Franklin's hair for that. Look closer.

And next time make it more interesting. "Took some glue and put it on his face. Than rolled a rat through it."

haha! =D XD

Dezeer

Has someone managed to get hotas setup to work with GTA 5 with x360ce, specifically separate throttle and flight stick? I can get throttle to work, but not stick. I think my problem is that they appear as two different controllers in x360ce, and my throttle shows up as controller one, and GTA doesn't take input from two controllers simultaneously.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
gtarzufi.png

Love the sense of natural scale in the outback environments.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I tried playing GTA Online a bit yesterday. I created a female character that resembles Harley Quinn, so I named her Harley.

But is there anything to do in GTAO if you're playing solo? I was hoping for some small or randomized missions like in the main game. Maybe some assassinations or store robberies. But, so far, the only activity that I have been able to play on my own was racing, which, while fun, it's not really enough for me to play this mode.

Getting other to play is not a solution for me. I'm not a fan of multiplayer games, so I probably won't force myself to play with other people.

Evo X

PSA: Change your Rockstar Social Club passwords!

It seems my account was compromised.

My game just crashed to desktop and I got a message that I was logged out because someone logged in using my details elsewhere. Just used my email to reset the password. Hope it doesn't happen again.

I tried playing GTA Online a bit yesterday. I created a female character that resembles Harley Quinn, so I named her Harley.

But is there anything to do in GTAO if you're playing solo? I was hoping for some small or randomized missions like in the main game. Maybe some assassinations or store robberies. But, so far, the only activity that I have been able to play on my own was racing, which, while fun, it's not really enough for me to play this mode.

Getting other to play is not a solution for me. I'm not a fan of multiplayer games, so I probably won't force myself to play with other people.

You can more or less do everything online that you can do in single player aside from story specific missions. What's not to love about that? To rob a store go into a store and rob it.

edit: I'll say I've been more than impressed with how people haven't just kos. As long as you don't point your gun at most people, everyone usually seems to just play together and that is more than reasonable. People pointing guns tend to not play with others. It's weird. Love the online so much now. Now the connection drops all the time are shit though. It really sucks and it's happened to me every single time i've played online. But to play the GTA Online that's the dice roll I guess.

giphy.gif

The problem is that it looked fine on last-gen consoles. Dunno why they made it worse now. I want my Neil McCauley look, dammit.
Your expectation is ridiculous. If you literally lowered the resolution it'd be the same image quality as previous gen. Your essentially saying lower resoltion looks better because your mind makes up the details it can't see and your blaming R* for it.

Your expectation is ridiculous. If you literally lowered the resolution it'd be the same image quality as previous gen. Your essentially saying lowers resoltion looks better because your mind makes up the details it can't see and your blaming R* for it.

Lolwut. Rockstar made changes to the facial hair in the enhanced version, it has nothing to do with resolution, the fact is it straight up looks worse. Are you really trying to imply that increasing the resolution from 720p to 1080p will just magically make something look worse?

Lolwut. Rockstar made changes to the facial hair in the enhanced version, it has nothing to do with resolution, the fact is it straight up looks worse.

Ok. If you wanna be ignorant about it I could not care less.

I'm not saying it looks good. All beards more or less look like shit. It was the same on the previous gen. Your just mad for the wrong reason.

Valkrai

Lolwut. Rockstar made changes to the facial hair in the enhanced version, it has nothing to do with resolution, the fact is it straight up looks worse. Are you really trying to imply that increasing the resolution from 720p to 1080p will just magically make something look worse?

Took an image of other facial hair and stubble looks even worse. The beard looks meh but detail is definitely shocking.

16601869594_06332034b5_o_d.png

Took an image of other facial hair and stubble looks even worse. The beard looks meh but detail is definitely shocking.

Thanks. Proved my point. Which was funny as he was making my argument for me and still stood on the opposite side of it even though he agreed with it. Makes ya wonder sometimes.

Evo X

What the FUCK!

My game has crashed again with the same message that I have been logged out because someone has signed in using my details elsewhere.

Anyone else getting this? I changed my password. Not sure what else I can do.

The full beard is unchanged from last-gen, so it looks fine. But the ones that they did change all look worse. MSAA cleans them up, but they're not blended properly. So you'll have solid black facial hair, which then cuts off above the mouth instead of fading out. Here's a link to the last-gen version of that same facial hair style - https://youtu.be/8VuoRRW2z2c?t=51s

Thanks. Proved my point.

Your point was that facial hair looks the same as last-gen, just in a higher resolution. This screenshot shows that you're wrong.

The full beard is unchanged from last-gen, so it looks fine. But the ones that they did change all look worse. MSAA cleans them up, but they're not blended properly. So you'll have solid black facial hair, which then cuts off above the mouth instead of fading out.

Your point was that facial hair looks the same as last-gen, just in a higher resolution. This screenshot shows that you're wrong.

Which is the nature of being stuck from previous generation. It's last gens fault man, how are you not seeing that?

jediyoshi

"Detail"? Is that what you call it? I wasn't aware that detail fucks up the blending and makes it look worse.

Yes? And now you know. Your head is messaging in the details when you can't actually make anything out. Do you realize how little you'd have to destruct the PC IQ to match the lack of detail in the first shot and make them indistinguishable?

And I agree with him, it does look like shit. I said that then. I was just trying to explain to him that he was mad for the wrong reason.

What do you not get about the fact that the blending is worse? Seriously, I'm not going to reply to you anymore after this, if you still can't understand. The blending is worse, it's not a result of it being a last-gen game because it looked better on last gen.

Yes? And now you know. Your head is messaging in the details when you can't actually make anything out.

See above.

Jams775

What the FUCK!

My game has crashed again with the same message that I have been logged out because someone has signed in using my details elsewhere.

Anyone else getting this? I changed my password. Not sure what else I can do.

I think a couple pages back someone said that message was generic and it says it even when you just crash. Not 100% though.

Top Bottom