• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Shame they didn't fix the thing where Michael's hair suddenly goes short when in a car.

Zxtb.jpg

The Llama

I swear nobody ever joins heists and when they do they either A) Leave early or B) Are not very good, get killed loads and then leave.

Am I just unlucky here? Or are people experiencring the same? Oh and don't even get me started on constant invites and people putting a bounty on my head ffs.

I have 50/50 luck with randoms in heists, which is a bit better than it was on the PS4 version for me. I hardly ever get a great group, but I can usually get people competent enough to finish the mission.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
only played about 30 mins or so and already think it plays / feels better than GTA4. Gonna have fun with this one methinks.

also PC version might just be the best port ive ever seen, and its probably the new Crysis in terms of graphic options you have

I can't even get that for some reason, seriously frustrating me now because all I want to do is complete these heists lol.

That's when people actually join, normally takes me 15-20 mins to get four people.

Are you in the crew? I have about the same luck as you, sometimes it takes ages for people to join, and it's often the idiots who don't know how to drive a car properly. Crew members rarely accept invites.

Also is Franklin always the fastest when it comes to hotwiring a car? I've noticed that even after boosting the driving skill for Mike and Trevor, they still take longer to hotwire.

I swear nobody ever joins heists and when they do they either A) Leave early or B) Are not very good, get killed loads and then leave.

Am I just unlucky here? Or are people experiencring the same? Oh and don't even get me started on constant invites and people putting a bounty on my head ffs.

See my post above....you're not alone.

I'm guessing a lot of the more competent people probably already have a group they regularly heist with, so they don't slum it in the public lobbies as much.

I'd join up with PCGF crew members more often, but I'm on the West Coast, and it seems there's only ever a handful of GAFers on whenever I'm online (which is often late night).

I'll do a heist right now if you want. I never have any issues getting players as host so.lemme know on GAF first. Krappadizzle in crew and R* social club.

I'd probably opt for the GPU upgrade if I were you. VRAM seems to be the biggest constraining factor on performance in this game and 2GB is not a ton to work with in this context.

Listen to this man.

Also is Franklin always the fastest when it comes to hotwiring a car? I've noticed that even after boosting the driving skill for Mike and Trevor, they still take longer to hotwire.

It does seem faster compared to the other two, maybe it's because of the three he is the "driver" class.

I'm guessing a lot of the more competent people probably already have a group they regularly heist with, so they don't slum it in the public lobbies as much.

I'd join up with PCGF crew members more often, but I'm on the West Coast, and it seems there's only ever a handful of GAFers on whenever I'm online (which is often late night).

Same here. West Coast and lobbies are hit and miss. Easier to just add a bunch of GAF/randoms and find one in your timezone and add them to your friends list to make it easier to join. We can be battle buddies if you want I play mostly at night and am west coast.

mugwhump

Odds of a mod coming soon to allow oculus rift support without needing vorpx? I've got my hands on a DK2 for a week but I'm not looking to spend $40 on extra software I'll just use once.

heringer

Isn't there an auto run option for third person? I really don't get the reasoning behind forcing me to hold a button to perform something that is automatic in 99% of other games.

Xyber

Currently doing heist on hard in first person. Shit is difficult. So many dumb failures because you can't see as much. The prison break heist took us 4 hours, 2 of those on the actual heist. Buses getting stuck, plane pilot forgetting to deploy the landing gear so he can't take off, helicopter pilot dying when we were 10 seconds from the end.

But still so much fun and extremely hectic.

Sarcasm

What control method do you use? Because it always asks me to change mine - which I don't want to.

Fantasmo

What the FUCK!

My game has crashed again with the same message that I have been logged out because someone has signed in using my details elsewhere.

Anyone else getting this? I changed my password. Not sure what else I can do.
I've gotten that a few times but if I had to guess I think it's connection issues with social club. Considering it crashes sometimes maybe some of us unlucky ones are not getting a solid connection then it thinks we're logged in already when the connection stabilizes.

That's the best iI can come up with at least.

I too have changed my password.

Sarcasm

So director mode is unaccessible for me even though I am in story mode and not in a car. I go into the editor and it is greyed out

Also I got a sound bug, engine sounds disappear after awhile. They reset if I get out and go back in.

Maxios

So, I was replaying Complications and discovered a few interesting things during the
fight with Simeon. There's unique dialogue if you jump on top of the cars, run outside of the dealership, or run to the garage area. He also has unique grunts if you tackle him. It's also actually possible for Simeon to die during the fight, resulting a mission failure
. I've bought this game three times (and I've sunk a massive amount of time into each version), and I still keep stumbling upon new things.

Philtastic

Isn't there an auto run option for third person? I really don't get the reasoning behind forcing me to hold a button to perform something that is automatic in 99% of other games.

There is one, you tap to toggle. Holding is for sprint which uses your stamina and then hp when you run out of stamina.

jediyoshi

What are these other games that, of three movement speeds, has its quickest speed the standard movement? At most you have something like inFamous where the entirety of the movement is on an analogue stick with no additional modifiers. Are we not counting 99% of other first and third person action games?

styl3s

It's back to downloading this 350mb update every single time i launch the game and i am at my wits end. I have deleted the entire update folder thinking maybe it was bugged and it would just redownload the correct patch but nope. I can literally update, exit, launch and it will update again then exit, launch and it will update again.

What control method do you use? Because it always asks me to change mine - which I don't want to.

I don't know if I've ever changed mine on purpose, or if changing to other lobbies forces a permanent change in that setting. I get that request frequently, and really don't pay it any mind, since I'm using mouse and it always seems to work fine.

I've set it to free aim now, will be interesting to see if it changes and stays changed.

Questions about garages:

1. If you take a car and store it in there, what happens when you take it out and maybe leave it somewhere randomly?

2. When you go back to the garage will it be gone or will it return there?

3. Also, if I mod up the car and keep it there does it keep the mods?

fushi

Questions about garages:

1. If you take a car and store it in there, what happens when you take it out and maybe leave it somewhere randomly?

My experience so far has been:
1. You lose the car.
2. Gone.
3. If you keep it in the garage, sure.

Maybe I am just unlucky though. I want my slick, modded Voltic back. :(

Shari

Same story for me regarding Heists. Managed to do the first one and abandoned on the 2nd one cause it's impossible to find players to make Setups. They should be payed AT LEAST as good as regular mission for non-leaders, and they aint.

And joining another group for a Heist usually ends up with some player under level 10 joining the game and totally screwing up just to leave after we all hit restart.

This is a fucking GOTY level game with the online menu distribution of a game 2 generations old. It's piss poor job from R* and I seriously think they should simply sack the guy who conceived the online like this.

P2P is acceptable, the UI is just amateurish/intern level.

My experience so far has been:
1. You lose the car.
2. Gone.
3. If you keep it in the garage, sure.

Maybe I am just unlucky though. I want my slick, modded Voltic back. :(

Yeah the voltic is great. I don't like the garage system in this game, the one in SR3 was great (once a car is stored it's always there even if you destroy it afterwards).

In GTA, you buy a 1M car, mod it for like 200k, and if you destroy it you're fucked.

Same story for me regarding Heists. Managed to do the first one and abandoned on the 2nd one cause it's impossible to find players to make Setups. They should be payed AT LEAST as good as regular mission for non-leaders, and they aint.

And joining another group for a Heist usually ends up with some player under level 10 joining the game and totally screwing up just to leave after we all hit restart.

This is a fucking GOTY level game with the online menu distribution of a game 2 generations old. It's piss poor job from R* and I seriously think they should simply sack the guy who conceived the online like this.

P2P is unacceptable, the UI is just amateurish/intern level.

Agreed.

Questions about garages:

1. Pretty sure it gets impounded most of the time. A police precinct with an impound facility are shown on the map - also you get a notification that it has been impounded.

2. It won't be there, see point 1.

3. Yes.

Does the car handling feel different to anyone else? Seems like some cars are more difficult to make turns with at a high speed, so it feels a bit less arcadey.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
going from quest to quest, including strangers I find on map, and loving it. Im sure thats the "wrong" way to play it since im basically just ignoring the open world-ness of it, but its how I like to play these games /shrug

is it possible to miss a mission by doing others first, or do you end up doing all of them?

mintyice

Any gaffers want to add me for Heists? I'm tired of wasting my time with randos who suck. I swear it's impossible to beat the vagos airfield mission with a random group.

rssc name: mintyice

I've started the game up without any internet connection and played in single player just fine. Are you sure you HAVE to be online?

lol yeah I currently have no internet at my place and playing GTA fine.
I currently have a crash that occurs when I try to shoot a gun from a car though, probably the window breaking animation crashes the game or something like that

Top Bottom