• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Dalek

Haha, it's pretty funny, but until this movie I thought Hooked on a Feeling was made by Hasselhoff.

BTW, if you want to see the best music video ever - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8

For a long time I did too-this was back when Ally McBeal was using that song for their stupid dancing baby gag. The original is quite good though. I have to say, I've been listening to the soundtrack nearly on a loop since it came out, everytime I get in the car!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
For a long time I did too-this was back when Ally McBeal was using that song for their stupid dancing baby gag. The original is quite good though. I have to say, I've been listening to the soundtrack nearly on a loop since it came out, everytime I get in the car!

Are you fucking serious? O_O

That video is so legendary for how terribly horrible it is, man I've not seen it in so many years. Thank you for that!!! :D

cntr

Banned
vnflWzj.jpg

Qurupeke

I watched the movie yesterday. It was the first time I saw the whole theater burst out in laughter in almost every scene. I loved the atmosphere there. Fantastic movie.

Jtrizzy

So what's the high number of times this has been seen in the thread? I've been 6 times, but doubt I'll go anymore.

Hopefully the blu ray releases quickly.

Santiako

Finally watched it. Fantastic film, this year has been amazing with the comic book mobies (Cap2, Xmen DoFP and this one are all top 5 material easily).

Groot steals the show.

Karen Gillan stills looks hot as fuck blue and bald.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Karen Gillan stills looks hot as fuck blue and bald.

yep, at one point she does this walk away from the camera that's insanely hot. Will need to be giffed when home release hits.

I've been looking at some last.fm stats of songs in the mixtape... Dat gotg effect, damn

Finally saw it yesterday after we had to wait for month for it to open here. Awesome movie, although mostly because of the comedy and the characters. Story and especially the main villain were nothing special.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Finally saw it yesterday after we had to wait for month for it to open here. Awesome movie, although mostly because of the comedy and the characters. Story and especially the main villain were nothing special.

Yeah, was kinda disappointed how they treated Ronan, too. While is it was nice how he was presented, he had not really to add something to the movie beside "being the bad guy".

Hope he will still return on a later point.

Yeah, was kinda disappointed how they treated Ronan, too. While is it was nice how he was presented, he had not really to add something to the movie beside "being the bad guy".

Hope he will still return on a later point.

I agree completely. But despite that, everyone had a really good time with the movie. Some people actually applauded at the end (the last time that happened to me was at an Avengers showing with the Hulk - Loki scene)

BTW: Hi PROFF ;)

OK, just went to see the movie and I REALLY REALLY need to get this off my chest right now:

THIS WAS THE BEST FUCKING MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN IN A THEATRE!!!

Holy shit, this thing is amazing!
Everything fits, each characters personality is fully fleshed out, each setting is BEAUTIFUL, the effects are awesome, the easter eggs are nice and the stinger after the credits is like WHAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

This is instantly one of the best movies of all time for me.
It's that good.

Please tell me if something I said is spoiler-worthy. I tried the best I could to write my post as spoiler-free as humanly possible.

EDIT: I should also mention that I am not familiar with the source material (read: the comics) so I can't tell if they nailed each characters personality from the comics. It definitely felt 100% right for this film, though.

OK, just went to see the movie and I REALLY REALLY need to get this off my chest right now:

THIS WAS THE BEST FUCKING MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN IN A THEATRE!!!

Holy shit, this thing is amazing!
Everything fits, each characters personality is fully fleshed out, each setting is BEAUTIFUL, the effects are awesome, the easter eggs are nice and the stinger after the credits is like WHAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

This is instantly one of the best movies of all time for me.
It's that good.

Please tell me if something I said is spoiler-worthy. I tried the best I could to write my post as spoiler-free as humanly possible.

I concur. It was hands down the best Marvel Studios film to date.

In fact, I enjoyed it so much I felt compelled to write this article http://whatculture.com/film/10-lessons-comic-book-movies-can-learn-guardians-galaxy.php

Bring on the sequel and more James Gunn I say!

Dalek

Where did you get it? I like the look of the face

Toys r us. Yes, I liked his face too-they don't all look like this, but this particular one had his face scrunched in a way to make it seem like he is giving a certain "look" so I chose him.

Rocket and Groot are
The Guardians of the Galaxy!!!!

Figures they would focus on that. I wonder if that topless Gamora scene makes it into their cut of the movie though.

Saw the filmyesterday, it just launched last week here in germany. To me this is the best Marvel movie to date, even better than the awesome Iron Man 1. Everything fits so perfectly, the humor, the action, the cuteness and the amazing pacing - In 120 minutes I never felt a sense of boredom or the film being to dragged out, from begging to the end its an amazing trip.

watched the german dub, i dont get what some people think is wrong with it, never saw the cinema laughing so much in a movie. Cant wait for the BluRay release.

ramparter

Banned
OK THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!! :D :D

I want to see that again, it was probably the best cinema experience I ever had, maybe only second to Dark Knight Rises.

Top Bottom