• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

tkscz

I can't imagine there are a ton of roles for him. He doesn't really have the charisma to do the roles The Rock does. This movie worked really well for him because it played into his deadpan nature. But, if he can get work in movies from now on, why go back?

I thought he had some fair range in this movie. Not an A lister by far but a good B lister.

Neoxon

Now that I had time to think it over, I think Guardians will go above Winter Soldier. Previously, I thought it was tied with Winter Soldier. What made it take 1st is the fact that I can't stop thinking about it. I actively want to see GotG again, & I already saw it twice.

Yay!. I'm glad this movie was successful. Everyone in that movie was great even Bautista.

I agree, aside from that cringe-worthy "you're an imbecile line", which felt really out of place (how would Drax know what it was, much less that it was something to be considered ridiculous? Gamora didn't even know what it was).

rexor0717

Now that I had time to think it over, I think Guardians will go above Winter Soldier. Previously, I thought it was tied with Winter Soldier. What made it take 1st is the fact that I can't stop thinking about it. I actively want to see GotG again, & I already saw it twice.

I can already tell that GoTG will be a movie I watch every few months for a while. There is so much to like.

Movie finally started in Germany yesterday. As background, GotG is a totally unknown IP in Germany. I guess only "hardcore" Marvel fans know about them over here. Chris Pratt isn't very known here either.

Cinema was packed and everybody seemed to enjoy the movie. Jokes hit, Action was awesome, everybody loved Rocket and Groot. Marvel did a fantastic job of getting people interested and then they delivered.

Good times, would watch again.

Mr. Sam

Movie finally started in Germany yesterday. As background, GotG is a totally unknown IP in Germany. I guess only "hardcore" Marvel fans know about them over here.

One could say this is (or was) just as true as in, well, every other country in the world.

There's a reason the thread title is "...Who?"

I thought he had some fair range in this movie. Not an A lister by far but a good B lister.

True, it depends on the role. You can't have him in something like The Rundown and I don't just want him to be 'quiet, though-guy thug' in everything.

I have this feeling like you will see him as the straight man in a comedy. Probably about getting a wacky comedian character from point a to point b against their will.....wait, that WAS the Rundown

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm in NY atm so I couldn't resist watching this again, now in imax 3D (no imax in my country). Liked it as much as the first time, maybe even more. This is just an all round stellar movie.

Dalek

One could say this is (or was) just as true as in, well, every other country in the world.

There's a reason the thread title is "...Who?"

Yeah I don't know why people always like to tell you about this. It's like-yeah, you and 99.9% of the people that bought tickets.

GGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Im just youtubeing that song from the trailer and now I wanna go see GotG again

;__;

*sings along*

....IIIIiiiIIIIIIIiiiiiiii'm hooked on a feelin'

I'm high on believin'.... that u're in luv with meee~

*___*

This movie is sooooo awesome and so fun <333

TEJ

GGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Im just youtubeing that song from the trailer and now I wanna go see GotG again

;__;

*sings along*

....IIIIiiiIIIIIIIiiiiiiii'm hooked on a feelin'

I'm high on believin'.... that u're in luv with meee~

*___*

This movie is sooooo awesome and so fun <333

I completely agree!

sharbhund

Do some of the jokes get localized when they're translated (like the list in Winter Soldier)? I can't imagine very many people in China will know who John Stamos is.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Do some of the jokes get localized when they're translated (like the list in Winter Soldier)? I can't imagine very many people in China will know who John Stamos is.

Cant speak for China but I watched it in Vietnam and the jokes weren't localized. A little went over the locals heads but most of the humor translated well and the theater was laughing right along with the westerners in the audience for the majority of the movie.

BLACKLAC

Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Fan Bundle
http://www.myplaydirect.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy

Includes the Deluxe Vinyl Edition soundtrack *and an exclusive 18" x 24" poster printed with the names of all the fans that order this bundle!

*Order by Noon ET on September 1 to have your name included on the poster!

DISC ONE - SIDE A

1. Hooked on a Feeling / Blue Swede

2. Go All the Way / Raspberries

3. Spirit in the Sky / Norman Greenbaum - Not featured in film

4. Moonage Daydream / David Bowie

5. Fooled Around and Fell in Love / Elvin Bishop

6. I Want You Back / Jackson 5

DISC ONE - SIDE B

7. I'm Not in Love / 10cc

8. Come and Get Your Love / Redbone

9. Cherry Bomb / The Runaways

10. Escape (The Piña Colada Song) / Rupert Holmes

11. O-O-H Child / The Five Stairsteps

12. Ain't No Mountain High Enough / Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

DISC TWO - SIDE A

1. The Final Battle Begins / Tyler Bates

2. Morag / Tyler Bates

3. Everyone's an Idiot / Tyler Bates

4. What a Bunch of A-Holes / Tyler Bates

5. Sacrifice / Tyler Bates

6. The New Meat / Tyler Bates

7. The Pod Chase / Tyler Bates

8. Don't Mess With My Walkman / Tyler Bates

9. Losers (Bonus Track) / Tyler Bates

DISC TWO - SIDE B

10. The Ballad of the Nova Corps. (Instrumental) / Tyler Bates

11. The Kyln Escape / Tyler Bates

12. Groot Spores / Tyler Bates

13. Guardians United / Tyler Bates

14. The Big Blast / Tyler Bates

15. Black Tears / Tyler Bates

16. A Nova Upgrade / Tyler Bates

Neoxon

Includes the Deluxe Vinyl Edition soundtrack *and an exclusive 18" x 24" poster printed with the names of all the fans that order this bundle!

DISC ONE - SIDE A

DISC ONE - SIDE B

DISC TWO - SIDE A

2. Morag / Tyler Bates

DISC TWO - SIDE B

I'm tempted, & I don't even have a working vinyl player.

DISC ONE - SIDE A

DISC ONE - SIDE B

DISC TWO - SIDE A

2. Morag / Tyler Bates

DISC TWO - SIDE B

I must resist, for I await the cassette version!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is there not just an "Awesome Mix, Vol. 1" album out yet?

And I really loved the prosthetic leg joke, I think that's where I decided this flick was awesome.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I think I heard Mo Kelley say GotG is, as of today, the number 1 movie of ths year surpassing Winter Dude.

Mariolee

Cof7a2C.gif

Well deserved.

I will never stop posting this gif.

FeD.nL

Went to see it for the fifth time last night. I really cannot get enough of this film, probably going to see it tomorrow again. I love that it is doing so well and it's incredibly well deserved.

Spoilers regarding the final act:

The moment the Nova pilots interlock gets me goosebumps everytime.

Zero148

finally the movie airs in Germany, and holy shit it is amazing. Never would have thought that three words like
we are Groot
would leave me with a tear in my eye

I'm tempted to watch it a second time, so awesome

El Topo

Movie was great. Farscape the movie. Might watch again. Not perfect, but I really liked it nonetheless. Definitely my favourite Marvel movie.

Klyka

Banned
Saw it tonight in Germany. English version of course.

Absolutely fantastic, entire theater had a hell of a great time. Movie is an instant classic and hit.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm watching this season of Parks and Recreation, and it's hilarious that they visit England (where they were shooting) and drop Andy off with one of the GOTG cast. Gotta say Chris seems out of character when he's not chubby, I really wonder how his future with the show will go since he's doing everything now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm watching this season of Parks and Recreation, and it's hilarious that they visit England (where they were shooting) and drop Andy off with one of the GOTG cast. Gotta say Chris seems out of character when he's not chubby, I really wonder how his future with the show will go since he's doing everything now.

next season is most likely its last (or even confirmed to be the last?) so hopefully theres no scheduling conflicts

Top Bottom