• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

aly

Finally saw it this morning. Loved it, and so did my younger cousins. Groot and Rocket were are favorite characters. I like the music throughout the movie too.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Went to see it for the fifth time last night. I really cannot get enough of this film, probably going to see it tomorrow again. I love that it is doing so well and it's incredibly well deserved.

Spoilers regarding the final act:

The moment the Nova pilots interlock gets me goosebumps everytime.

It's pretty stupid act, in my opinion.

Considering
Rocket with just three other ships can pull off enough firepower to make a hole in the bad guy's ship, a concentrated firepower attack with that many Nova ships can cause a much greater destruction than just forming a wall like that.

But eh....

Neoxon

Went to see it for the fifth time last night. I really cannot get enough of this film, probably going to see it tomorrow again. I love that it is doing so well and it's incredibly well deserved.

Spoilers regarding the final act:

The moment the Nova pilots interlock gets me goosebumps everytime.
It was an amazing scene, especially the music.

Wurst

Took a good friend yesterday for my third time. We saw it in German and ewww, it was unbearable.

The dub is atrocious and almost every joke fell flat. Broke my heart that there was a lot less laughter than the first two times.

Also, Ronan, yondu and drax came across as the generic deep-voiced brutes.. Which killed their charm

The movie is still so good, though. My gf was so jealous that I went. She loves this movie to death and would love to see it a third time, too. Bluray release can't come soon enough!

Varna

Surprised to see so many people like the ending.

I really liked this film but the last 20 minutes were mostly forgettable. Generic explosion fest and a a cheesy
POWER OF FRIENDSHIP
scene pretty dull.

Neoxon

Took a good friend yesterday for my third time. We saw it in German and ewww, it was unbearable.

The dub is atrocious and almost every joke fell flat. Broke my heart that there was a lot less laughter than the first two times.

Also, Ronan, yondu and drax came across as the generic deep-voiced brutes.. Which killed their charm

The movie is still so good, though. My gf was so jealous that I went. She loves this movie to death and would love to see it a third time, too. Bluray release can't come soon enough!
It's much better in English.

to be fair though ronan has no charm. dude was dull as bricks.

but drax and especially yondu were fun. want to see more of yondu in the sequel.

Klyka

Banned
to be fair though ronan has no charm. dude was dull as bricks.

but drax and especially yondu were fun. want to see more of yondu in the sequel.

The best thing about Ronan was that he was all booming voice, trying to sound epic all damn movie long. big dramatic poses and words and acting. and then
when the dance off occurs, he drops it all, is completely, entirely weirded out by what is going on and says "what are you doing?" in the most normal voice you can imagine

So good.

yeah my interest kinda waned in the third act with that grand finale but the humorous moments still held it up for me. including ronan's little drop there too. his facade was down for a second, he almost was won over by the power of footloose

Klyka

Banned
yeah my interest kinda waned in the third act with that grand finale but the humorous moments still held it up for me. including ronan's little drop there too. his facade was down for a second, he almost was won over by the power of footloose

Kevin Bacon wins again!

rezuth

Considering
Rocket with just three other ships can pull off enough firepower to make a hole in the bad guy's ship, a concentrated firepower attack with that many Nova ships can cause a much greater destruction than just forming a wall like that.

But eh....

Isn't the reason for that
simply that they didn't want the ship anywhere near the planet? If he touched it he could wipe the whole planet out so they formed a wall to stop him from getting to it.

The best thing about Ronan was that he was all booming voice, trying to sound epic all damn movie long. big dramatic poses and words and acting. and then
when the dance off occurs, he drops it all, is completely, entirely weirded out by what is going on and says "what are you doing?" in the most normal voice you can imagine

So good.

Yup. Probably my favorite part of the whole movie. Ronan was legit shook there

Fox Mulder

I got back from WalMart and they had a bunch of the toys on clearance already. Got the big blastin rocket raccoon for $15 instead of $30.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Surprised to see so many people like the ending.

I really liked this film but the last 20 minutes were mostly forgettable. Generic explosion fest and a a cheesy
POWER OF FRIENDSHIP
scene pretty dull.

I absolutely loved the final act. Felt very original Star Wars like to me, and that was fantastic. I thought it had one of the best movie final acts I've seen in a very long time.

Heard on the radio that GotG is now the highest grossing film of the year, OUTSTANDING. I think I'll go see it a fourth time to celebrate this. When this comes out on blu ray I might just wear it out from playing it so often...

Considering

But eh....

Using the shield, they can stop it right there and push it out of the planet's atmosphere.

The whole point was that the ship cannot touch the ground. Nova Prime knows what the power stone is. Ronan can simply blow up the ship from within and impact the ground in the process.

Watched it again Sunday night at the 7:30 showing and the theater was probably 3/4 full while the entire 21-and up section was full. I thought it was going to be dead but it was surprising.

Mr. Sam

Considering

But eh....

The strategy isn't to bring the ship down, it's to keep it up, seeing how Ronan can bring about mass extinction simply by touching the surface of the planet.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I went to see it again and I just can't get enough of the opening. The moment the song kicks in and the title card appears... Glorious. It's hard to find anything to dislike, even on repeated viewings. The only line that wore thin on me was
"a little pee came out of me right now
Kind of a lame line.

The strategy isn't to bring the ship down, it's to keep it up, seeing how Ronan can bring about mass extinction simply by touching the surface of the planet.

Exactly. The plan is to keep it off the surface while the strike team tries to get the gem. I saw it again through my job last week and loved it even more the second time. It may actually be my favorite Marvel movie, but only time will tell on that.

Replicant

Considering

But eh....

Or someone is bad at paying attention at plot points.

GhaleonEB

Tiny detail I noticed on the second watch. After Groot
lights up the inside of Ronan's ship so the team can see, one of them asks Groot when he learned to do that. Star Lord says, "I'm pretty sure the answer to that is 'I am Groot'." After which Groot looks over to him and nods. I didn't catch Groot's response to that line the first time but it was a nice touch.

Tiny detail I noticed on the second watch. After Groot
lights up the inside of Ronan's ship so the team can see, one of them asks Groot when he learned to do that. Star Lord says, "I'm pretty sure the answer to that is 'I am Groot'." After which Groot looks over to him and nods. I didn't catch Groot's response to that line the first time but it was a nice touch.
I'm actually impressed on how much emotion and body language they did with Groot.
Truly a great work.

Also, Marvel made my gf like both Groot and Rocket :D

Neoxon

Considering

But eh....
The goal was to keep the Dark Aster's elongated ass off Xandar. If Ronan's Power Stone-powered Universal Weapon touched the ground, the planet would be the victim of a third-degree genocidal sunburn.

Klyka

Banned
The goal was to keep the Dark Aster's elongated ass off Xandar. If Ronan's Power Stone-powered Universal Weapon touched the ground, the planet would be the victim of a third-degree genocidal sunburn.

Uh, why are you quoting my post? I don't think I said anything about what you wrote about.

SykoTech

Saw the movie last night. Wasn't too hyped at first, hence why I just saw it after it being out for a month. Been feeling burned out on superhero movies. But I really enjoyed this one, more than the Avengers even. Great stuff.

And the theater was surprisingly packed given how long its been out. But I guess it shouldn't have been too surprising given how much money its been making.

Fezan

Just watched it yesterday. was enjoyable movie. Jokes all felt good but every thing else was pretty meh.
It was more of a comedy comic book hero like shawn of dead instead of straight up action comic book hero movies and i am ok with that.

Blader

This made me laugh in an awesome way:

Al Pacino loved Guardians of the Galaxy and would be up for doing a Marvel movie

He told me he’d seen the film with his young children. “It was not something I would readily go see, but my kids got me to go, and one has to draw the line at where prejudice starts and where it ends — that was good stuff!” He had even more praise: “I recognized the ingenious stuff they were doing; the invention, the attractiveness of the way they were performing it. It had Shakespearian feeling to it at times. I was caught up in the big screen, the great sound…”

So, would he do the sequel or another Marvel movie if one were to come his way? “I would do anything that I could understand in terms of how I fit in it. And you know, of course if I could fit in it. Anything’s possible,” he told me. Then he winked, “You know, I did Dick Tracy and I got an Oscar nomination, so come on. I mean, what can I say?”

Tendo

It has been a while since I have seen the film but were there any standout soundtrack pieces besides the bit with the Nova ships? I'm not talking the mix tape stuff - actual soundtrack themes. I'm tempted to pick it up on Amazon for 8 bucks but can't remember to many specific pieces.

I can see it now. Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Quill and the crew needs some hardware to pull off a job, but of course, only Rocket has the connect. But according to Rocket, his connect is the connect, so he was going to have to introduce them to the hardware guy personally if they were to get anywhere with negotiating.

Rocket makes the call, you only hear it from his side. They show up to Nowhere for the introduction. Quill is feeling a little nervous because the whole thing seems a little shady, Groot offers comforting words and a branch on the shoulder "I am Groot".

Rocket points out his connect over at the bar, and there he is, alien Al Pacino. Pacino tells Rocket that only he can go, but Groot insist he accompany him to the back. So they go to the back, and there is alien Robert Deniro... "what da fuck is this"
Al Pacino says "Say hello to my little friend"

HOOO-AHH!!!!!

Dalek

I got a stuffed Rocket Raccoon for my daughter-and he was allowed into the elite group of bedtime stuffed animals.

gPPCajLh.jpg

Top Bottom