• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Dave_6

10537431_10152573941469570_4585814151778583196_n.jpg

Awesome!

FTF

I definitely think an ow around $75-80m is doable. Though this has been pretty much the most disappointing summer box office wise (domestically) ever, so who the heck knows.

Verendus

Banned
So Drax is going to steal the movie from impressions?

Anyhow, I think this movie has a real good chance of doing well. There's basically nothing else coming aside from TMNT and that's of a similar scale. It has all the space in the world to perform well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Star-Lord-ified Iron Man. HYPE :)

iq0DU373I7e1J.jpg
iGPYt92CnYpQC.jpg

Which chest glow looks better? The gold is more-canon I guess considering the Guardians uniforms but I think the red might look a bit better.

EDIT: Now I feel like the gold looks better D;

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Strangely enough I feel like guardians is exactly the type of movie we've been missing in the cinema. Fun, action, lighthearted, colorful, not taking itself too seriously. Some sequences reminded me of the flow in Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, etc.

Quick

Banned
Star-Lord-ified Iron Man. HYPE :)

iq0DU373I7e1J.jpg
iGPYt92CnYpQC.jpg

Which chest glow looks better? The gold is more-canon I guess considering the Guardians uniforms but I think the red might look a bit better.

Either one is awesome.

Red matches, though.

But GOLD.

The Bendis GOTG Iron Man would've been the easy choice, so I appreciate the effort with Quilling your avatar.

Marvel-NOW-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-001Cover.jpg

So USA aired a very long chunk of the prison segment of the movie, followed by a trailer. Has that been aired before and I missed it, or what?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Either one is awesome.

Red matches, though.

But GOLD.

The Bendis GOTG Iron Man would've been the easy choice, so I appreciate the effort with Quilling your avatar.

Marvel-NOW-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-001Cover.jpg
Yeah I thought about the easy way out, but I decided to be faithful :p
TBH I've hated every attempt at redesigning his look since the 2008 run, I think the movie look is the best thing since

Also it's impossible to find images of his mask from the comics via google now because of the movie lol I don't know how helpful it is, but in case people wanted to shop something onto their avatars I made a little PNG with some of the mask pictures I went through trying to find the right one for my avatar:

i7EgT6RbFSKdJ.png

Quick

Banned
Yeah I thought about the easy way out, but I decided to be faithful :p
TBH I've hated every attempt at redesigning his look since the 2008 run, I think the movie look is the best thing since

Also it's impossible to find images of his mask from the comics via google now because of the movie lol I don't know how helpful it is, but in case people wanted to shop something onto their avatars I made a little PNG with some of the mask pictures I went through trying to find the right one for my avatar:

i7EgT6RbFSKdJ.png

I can't decide on how to do up mine. I'm trying to keep a Phil Kessel thing going.

I got this one, avatar-sized, for anyone who wants to use the movie version, as well.

i9URsuxaaQ9RJ.png

And a couple of Collector avatars:

ikKSR6HwMb2ra.png
izl0H4HcwD3gm.png

Dalek

The 2008 mask is part of one of the greatest
Costumes of all time. His current look is so bland in every way.

Quick

Banned
The 2008 mask is part of one of the greatest
Costumes of all time. His current look is so bland in every way.

It would be great if they kept his helmet. Instead it's just a generic spaceman helmet.

I do like the Gamora redesign, though.

Dalek

It would be great if they kept his helmet. Instead it's just a generic spaceman helmet.

I do like the Gamora redesign, though.

For sure. It's much more practical and believable. They really need to get that book away from Bendis. Sometimes he hits somethjnh good, but so far his run on the series is just tepid. The X-Men crossover was surprisingly good though.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
GOTG and Expendables 3 are premiering on the same date here in Holland. I'm seriously considering getting the boys together for a double whammy of awesomesauce.

Uncle

If they do a Nova movie, I seriously hope they'll just skip the whole origin bit on earth and start with him being a rookie in space. I think traditional origin movies in the MCU are a bit of a waste at this point, nevermind boring.

ahoyle77

I haven't read through this whole thread, so not sure if this has already been discussed...

Went to Hollywood Studios this weekend and they had a 10 minute GoG preview. I think it showed the first 5 minutes of the movie, and then an extended trailer. There was a decent enough crowd when I went, and most applauded at the end of it. What I saw looked great...and this is definitely my 9 year old son's most anticipated movie this summer.

Tom_Cody

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOOOOOOPE! I've already seen way too much footage from this movie! ;_;

Besides, the 'I have a plan' and 'Who are you?' clips are all I need to see to know this movie is gonna be amazing.
That's funny, I'm kind of the exact opposite.

I've watched most of the promo stuff and, as opposed to a lot of blockbusters, I feel like I still don't know much about the plot/structure of the film (beyond the basics).

Neoxon

And thus we filled the 5-minute preview quota that Cap filled during AoS Season 1.

Next week can't get here soon enough.

Dave_6

As good as that extended sequence is, the full version that I saw in the 17 min preview was even better!

Top Bottom