• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/tinsel...issenting-view-on-richard-linklaters-boyhood/

I'll sum it up. The parents are liberals and the boy was a useless millennial.

Pretty much. As much as she tries to deny it, the fact that she clearly leads with 'This movie is 100% on RT right now...but I didn't like it' pretty clearly puts it in the 'I did this to get views' camp.

Edit: Something else worth noting; she's very upset about the fact that she was under an embargo that was later than other critics', due to the release schedule of the movie.

Unfortunately, I'd bank on GOTG getting one of these at some point. It's the RottenTomatoes Cycle

Neoxon

What if I told you the reviewer was a woman :p

Pretty much. As much as she tries to deny it, the fact that she clearly leads with 'This movie is 100% on RT right now...but I didn't like it' pretty clearly puts it in the 'I did this to get views' camp.

Unfortunately, I'd bank on GOTG getting one of these at some point. It's the RottenTomatoes Cycle
That bitch

Nete

"GotG is THE Star Wars of a new generation" - Friend of mine working as film critic hyping me as fuck. He is usually spot on with this type of movies.

Still 3 weeks until is released here :(

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
"GotG is THE Star Wars of a new generation" - Friend of mine working as film critic hyping me as fuck. He is usually spot on with this type of movies.

Still 3 weeks until is released here :(

Wouldn't it be hilarious if GOTG turns out to be better than Episode VII?

Experien

Wouldn't it be hilarious if GOTG turns out to be better than Episode VII?

While I wouldn't surprised if it is better than Episode VII (which my hopes are low cause JJ), I would not say it is the new Star Wars. Probably only saying that cause...well when was the last time we got a (decent) space opera movie? Most space movies recently are one person or Star Trek.

AWWWWWWW SHIT!!!!!

It took the avengers 19 reviews to get its first rotten and cap 2 11. Both of those have about 90% on rotten tomatoes so if the trend continues and there isn't a disproportionately large influx of bad reviews it should stay above 90% with no problem.

We should play a game where we guess when the first rotten review will come in (shut up we know it will happen.

I'm saying the 34th.

WILL UPDATE AS MORE REVIEWS COME IN

iboRic61CM2UHY.png

Currently at: 25

Picks:

BLACKLAC and RedStep - 26
Fireblend - 27
CreeperBlocks - 28
Chezzymann and sappyday - 29
Neoxon - 30
Div3x and BY2K - 31
Ravijn - 32
superdeluxe and kris. - 33
bananafactory - 34
hydruxo - 35
Gawge and Sesha - 36
Not The Droid and kmfdmpig AND SmackAttack - 37
mugurumakensei and Tricky I Shadow - 38
v1lla21 - 39
Backwards Marathon
enzo_gt - 41
Dai101 - 42
piratepwnsninja - 43
reddmyst - 44
Yrael - 45
Laguna X - 49
Quick - 50
Symphonic - 64

Kettch - Never. No rotten reviews. Guardians of the Galaxy will be the GOAT.
TEJ - No rotten reviews and somehow the RT meter will overload to 101%, at minimum

Damn you guys are fast.

Updated list:

GOTG RT RATING WATCH

Currently at: 25

Picks:

BLACKLAC and RedStep - 26
CreeperBlocks - 28
Neoxon - 30
Div3x - 31
Ravijn - 32
bananafactory - 34
hydruxo - 35
Not The Droid - 37
mugurumakensei - 38
Dai101 - 42

Seems like this movie could be the biggest crow-server in a long time after all the initial negativity.

Hope it does well financially, has a shot at matching Dawn of the Apes. And doesn't look like Hercules will offer it much competition next weekend, it won't even beat Lucy. From boxofficemojo:

Lucy and Hercules both did solid business on Thursday night. Lucy earned an estimated $2.75 million, while Hercules scored an estimated $2.1 million. Among Summer releases, Lucy is above The Purge: Anarchy ($2.6 million), while Hercules topped Edge of Tomorrow ($1.8 million). For the weekend, both movies are going to earn at least $20 million.

I could see a severe drop when Turtles hits the following weekend. It looks like hot garbage but Bay movies always seem to make bank for some reason.

Neoxon

Hell yes! Hope Perlman gets brought in too, if it wasn't for her we probably wouldn't have gotten this movie.
If it wasn't for her, a Black Widow movie would be out in a week. As much as I like Natasha, Winter Soldier & Avengers gave me my Black Widow fix.

Based Nicole Perlman

Top Bottom