• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Neoxon

Fire up the grill.
hungry-crow.png

It will also be all the sweeter for the brightest neonest superhero movie ever to break records a week after Wonder Woman is shown as a Gears of War end boss.

I want this kind of movie to be what superhero movies always are. Bright, weird, and spectacular.

TEJ

Maybe sooner than we think. A cartoon, a sequel, a lot of merch, & tons of comic & game appearances.

The Guardians will be a household name by the end of this.

but

but

but

it's shot like a really expensive infomercial! and based on an obscure comic! and stars a tree and a talking raccoon!

Jesus christ the balls on Marvel here

They bet the farm on this one, more than I ever thought they would. All the other properties they've used so far...and they unfurl this crazy shit at our feet

Shit, this is crazier than Avengers because that was at least going to land well. They forced this one through with the power of ridiculous marketing & from reviews so far, a good ass space opera movie. Since when do those make money?!

Cronox

Banned
3267361-cosmismarvel.jpg

You can honestly just read Star-Lord's segment of Annihilation Conquest, which leads into GotG just fine, but the real fun is in the continuity & the great writing throughout.

This picture doesn't include 2013's Annihilators and Annihilators Earthfall. Are those considered worth skipping then?

Also War of Kings is super boring(damn xmen and inhumans comics)

I just finished War of Kings today and I completely disagree. The last half of it is nothing but ridiculous shit happening all the time. I guess it took a few issues to get acquainted with the Inhumans, Vulcan and the Starjammers, as I don't follow X-Men stuff much, but besides that I don't know where the boring parts would be.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Pleased this is projected to do so well. LOL at the naysayers.

Can't wait until the Guardians become a household name like Iron Man

kswiston

I'll be playing the role of "that guy" for the RT thing. 69.

69% is pretty much impossible for a film sitting at 100% and an 8.2 average at 25 reviews.

Low end is going to be mid 80s.

EDIT: Also, the only MCU films under 70% on RT are the Incredible Hulk and Thor 2. Even Iron Man 2 was 73%. Critics generally like these movies.

Man, I actually want to go and see this with my wife (we haven't been to the theater in a year) but there are no theaters near us with assigned seats. I can't justify adding an extra 45 mins or so to our "date" for good seats when it's already hard to find free time around raising our daughter. Meh, I guess people like us provide legs for the movie, like 3-4 weeks out.

Top Bottom