• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Raxus

Still at 100%? Why is it at 77 on Metacritic? How different are the systems?

Very. With Rotten tomatoes it is an aggregate of 'good reviews' vs 'bad reviews' with bad reviews typically averaging 2 1/2 stars or lower. With Metacritic it takes the percentage from said review (so 3 out of 4 = 75%) and compiles them. At least that is how I believe it works.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Still 100% on Rotten, two more weeks until it hits theatres..... after that Comic-Con panel of Marvel, I need this in my veins so bad.

Thought it came out today in UK. Was all hyped to go see it. GRAAAAAAH.

3 more days my friend, just 3 more days :)

Got my tickets booked for opening day, was going to go Imax but by the time I had the money to book the good seats were gone as always so im just going to my local cinema.

Can't wait though, and I can't wait to see what the end credits scene is! Im hoping Nova but we shall have to wait and see.

Yrael

Oh damn, I thought this was being released on the 31st of July in Australia (I checked the IMDB page)...turns out it's the 7th of August. :( Noooo.

Yrael

Okay, I still got an advance screening ticket for Friday evening. Sucks that I can't see it on my birthday as I'd planned, but at least I'm seeing it this week!

This wait is killing me. I have been watching the trailer again and again. And again.

m6TOETx.jpg

Okay, I still got an advance screening ticket for Friday evening. Sucks that I can't see it on my birthday as I'd planned, but at least I'm seeing it this week!

The IMAX here in Melbourne have had advanced tickets up for a few weeks now. I got tickets the second they went on sale. I’m going on Saturday at 4:15pm.

This week may kill me.
I have to move on Friday morning and I have 2-3 major integration projects at work that are already causing extra time and headaches.

I just need to get everything wrapped up by thursday morning so I can go see this that night. Then I have Friday off and I can just sleep it all off.

mmitt

really considering taking the 2 hour drive to slovenia to see it later this week.
the 4 week wait (and german dub, yuk) is killing me!

awesome reviews so far, so pumped

I think it's a press/industry screening, not publicly advertised. Got it through the site I blog for (Marvel's given us and a few other fanboy sites passes to previous films.)

Is it at AMC Empire? See you there.

As much as I find Marvel's stuff mediocre, I can't help but look forward to this one. It has too many ingredients that I find appealing.

Is it at AMC Empire? See you there.

As much as I find Marvel's stuff mediocre, I can't help but look forward to this one. It has too many ingredients that I find appealing.

It's strange that from early talk, this movie might actually have the most mass appeal of any Marvel movie, if people give it a chance.

farisr

Umm.. First rotten review apparently.

Site says 27 fresh 1 rotten, but still at 100%? Tried to bring up the rotten review but can't find it.

Koriandrr

Guys. I watched it.

10/10.

It was amazing. I laughed, I cried, I was excited, I laughed some more. Definitely very different than other Marvel films, in the sense that it doesn't quite feel like a superhero movie and you don't have glorious amazing heroes. The moment it becomes too serious is the moment they just cover it with pure humor and it works perfectly.

Great soundtrack too. It's stuck in my head.

P.S.: Holy shit Zoe Saldana is so hot. Very skinny, which usually really doesn't do it for me, but DAT ASS.

Michelle Alexandria - the critic who considers The Lego Movie, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Inception and Wreck-It-Ralph rotten, but gives a fresh rating to all 4 Transformers, 3 Twilight movies, Catwoman and After Earth!

Oh and this is the only critic to give a fresh review to Alone in the Dark (1 fresh, 116 rotten). It might be her LOL, not that her opinion means absolutely anything anyway, but you just no she'll more than likely ruin the 100%.

So, she is the new Armond White then?

Ohhh. Yeah sometimes they show up under the totals but it takes a bit for it to actually be readable.

Who had 28!?

I Did.
We should play a game where we guess when the first rotten review will come in (shut up we know it will happen.

I'm saying the 34th.

WILL UPDATE AS MORE REVIEWS COME IN

iboRic61CM2UHY.png

Currently at: 25

Picks:

BLACKLAC and RedStep - 26
Fireblend - 27
CreeperBlocks - 28
Chezzymann and sappyday - 29
Neoxon - 30
Div3x and BY2K - 31
Ravijn - 32
superdeluxe and kris. - 33
bananafactory - 34
hydruxo - 35
Gawge and Sesha - 36
Not The Droid and kmfdmpig AND SmackAttack - 37
mugurumakensei and Tricky I Shadow - 38
v1lla21 - 39
Backwards Marathon
enzo_gt - 41
Dai101 - 42
piratepwnsninja - 43
reddmyst - 44
Yrael - 45
Laguna X - 49
Quick - 50
Symphonic - 64

Kettch - Never. No rotten reviews. Guardians of the Galaxy will be the GOAT.
TEJ - No rotten reviews and somehow the RT meter will overload to 101%, at minimum

I'm so sorry everyone. :(

Top Bottom